Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Feds raid Texas political meeting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

Feds raid Texas political meeting Fingerprint, photograph all attendees, seize phones

<div>In a deliberate “show of force,” federal and local police forces raided a political meeting in Texas, fingerprinting and photographing all attendees as well as confiscating all cell phones and personal recording devices.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2015/03/feds-raid-tex...8D3V4ci.99
</div>
They're talking succession talk very serious these days. Any of these groups would be wise to operate in the dark. Otherwise you're just asking for trouble.

States have the right to secesion, it's in many a state constitution. Just like the Colonies did to The King, told the king to get lost

At the 1787 Constitutional Convention, a proposal was made to allow the federal government to suppress a seceding state. James Madison, the acknowledged father of our Constitution, rejected it, saying: “A Union of the States containing such an ingredient seemed to provide for its own destruction. The use of force against a State would look more like a declaration of war than an infliction of punishment and would probably be considered by the party attacked as a dissolution of all previous compacts by which it might be bound.”

On March 2, 1861, after seven states had seceded and two days before Abraham Lincoln’s inauguration, Sen. James R. Doolittle of Wisconsin proposed a constitutional amendment that said, “No State or any part thereof, heretofore admitted or hereafter admitted into the Union, shall have the power to withdraw from the jurisdiction of the United States.”

Several months earlier, Reps. Daniel E. Sickles of New York, Thomas B. Florence of Pennsylvania and Otis S. Ferry of Connecticut proposed a constitutional amendment to prohibit secession. Here’s my no-brainer question: Would there have been any point to offering these amendments if secession were already unconstitutional?

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2012/11/secession-its...GAor2La.99
Wow!  That's a little scary.

Quote:Wow!  That's a little scary.

A little scarey? How about A LOT scarey. The Federal government is out of control. Each state is in the Union voluntarily and should be allowed to secede. Hell, it's even in the Declaration of Independence:

"When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation."

Quote: 

States have the right to seccesion, it's in many a state constitution. Just like the Colonies did to The King, told the king to get lost

<div>
At the 1787 Constitutional Convention, a proposal was made to allow the federal government to suppress a seceding state. James Madison, the acknowledged father of our Constitution, rejected it, saying: “A Union of the States containing such an ingredient seemed to provide for its own destruction. The use of force against a State would look more like a declaration of war than an infliction of punishment and would probably be considered by the party attacked as a dissolution of all previous compacts by which it might be bound.”

On March 2, 1861, after seven states had seceded and two days before Abraham Lincoln’s inauguration, Sen. James R. Doolittle of Wisconsin proposed a constitutional amendment that said, “No State or any part thereof, heretofore admitted or hereafter admitted into the Union, shall have the power to withdraw from the jurisdiction of the United States.”

Several months earlier, Reps. Daniel E. Sickles of New York, Thomas B. Florence of Pennsylvania and Otis S. Ferry of Connecticut proposed a constitutional amendment to prohibit secession. Here’s my no-brainer question: Would there have been any point to offering these amendments if secession were already unconstitutional?

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2012/11/secession-its...GAor2La.99

</div>

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/11/...the-union/
Quote:http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/11/...the-union/

I'll take James Madisons opinion (after all, he IS the father of our constitution) and Thomas Jeffersons opinion over the SCOTUS. As much as I respect Scalia, he's wrong

Quote:They're talking succession talk very serious these days. Any of these groups would be wise to operate in the dark. Otherwise you're just asking for trouble.

1st amendment rights violated

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
I wonder If this was a sharia court requiring people to submit themselves to questioning on morality (and by producing fake court documents), if people would be so against the raid.  Keep in mind that this group does have a history where in they took hostages several years back, and that the raid was not because they were 'peacefully assembling'.  They were breaking the law by creating fake court documents to summon people.  

This feels like something that has been tried before....

Quote:This feels like something that has been tried before....

Grant and Sherman say, "ya'll can try."
Quote:Grant and Sherman say, "ya'll can try."

"Well, crap...."

~Atlanta
Ron Paul summed it up best, secession is alive and well today and it's only going to increase as time goes on. The Fed has bloated itself to the bursting point, sooner or later they won't be able to control all the aspects of states sovereignty and individual liberty as they have desired.

You're seeing Federal secession plain as day in regards to the war on drugs for example, States are simply saying "No, we won't enforce Federal laws in regards to marijuana" as more States simply tell the Fed to kick rocks, the Fed will either change course or simply accept the States have seceded power from them in this regard. You've seen secession threats from States and Counties against the Fed in regards to gun control, plenty of sheriffs, state attorneys and governors have said under no circumstances would they enforce any form of a gun confiscation or registration. They are seceding power from the Fed. Digital currencies like Bit Coin and its multiple off shoots are examples of individuals opting out of the Federal Reserve currency and it's only growing with time.

The Fed is slowly going to die, these secessionist are just ahead of their time. For now they should learn to work in the shadows.

Quote:Grant and Sherman say, "ya'll can try."

Rome would remind them no empire last forever.
Quote:Ron Paul summed it up best, secession is alive and well today and it's only going to increase as time goes on. The Fed has bloated itself to the bursting point, sooner or later they won't be able to control all the aspects of states sovereignty and individual liberty as they have desired.

You're seeing Federal secession plain as day in regards to the war on drugs for example, States are simply saying "No, we won't enforce Federal laws in regards to marijuana" as more States simply tell the Fed to kick rocks, the Fed will either change course or simply accept the States have seceded power from them in this regard. You've seen secession threats from States and Counties against the Fed in regards to gun control, plenty of sheriffs, state attorneys and governors have said under no circumstances would they enforce any form of a gun confiscation or registration. They are seceding power from the Fed. Digital currencies like Bit Coin and its multiple off shoots are examples of individuals opting out of the Federal Reserve currency and it's only growing with time.

The Fed is slowly going to die, these secessionist are just ahead of their time. For now they should learn to work in the shadows.
Wishful thinking on your part, IMO
Quote:Wishful thinking on your part, IMO

History would say it's only a matter of time. What goes up must come down.
Quote:History would say it's only a matter of time. What goes up must come down.
It would also say should it fall it will be replaced with a different version of the same thing. The western world is not changing boundaries. 
Quote:It would also say should it fall it will be replaced with a different version of the same thing. The western world is not changing boundaries. 

Unfortunately when it falls apart I expect a NAFTA style western version of the Euro-zone to be established, not the smaller regional boundaries I'd desire.
Quote:Unfortunately when it falls apart I expect a NAFTA style western version of the Euro-zone to be established, not the smaller regional boundaries I'd desire.
I'm sorry but I think you are delusional to think it will happen anywhere close to our lifetimes. I highly doubt it will ever happen. Barring major catastrophe. It won't happen because "dey comin' fer muh guns!" or gay marriage or pot legalization or regulation of ISP's.  

Zombie apocalypse maybe.
Quote:I'm sorry but I think you are delusional to think it will happen anywhere close to our lifetimes. I highly doubt it will ever happen. Barring major catastrophe. It won't happen because "dey comin' fer muh guns!" or gay marriage or pot legalization or regulation of ISP's.

Zombie apocalypse maybe.

It won't be a catastrophic event but a slow bleed that leads to a post soviet style reorganization. 30 years ago it would've lead to smaller more regional governments like the Soviet Union breaking into multiple nations. Today In this environment failed nation states are absorbed into a global state, that's our future the North American union for better or as I fear much worse.

It won't be them coming for the guns like you said it'll be the complete dissolving of national borders, culture and individuality for the greater good to stabilize the continent.

Call me paranoid but ask yourself would anyone 30 years ago believed we'd have the massive police state we have today combined with the dissolution of any national boarders and the trillions of national debt only being held up under inflation?
Pages: 1 2 3