Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Choice is Made
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Gorsuch Is Trump’s Supreme Court Choice

President Donald Trump is not set to reveal his nominee for the Supreme Court (SCOTUS) until Tuesday evening, but sources within his administration have asserted that the appointee is a done deal: Judge Neil Gorsuch of Colorado.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/g...oice?fb=ov

We shall soon see.  I can tell you a couple of things that are certain.  Democrats will try to block it no matter what, and liberals are going to get all worked up into another tizzy and possibly "protest" riot because of the nomination.

It will be historic, no matter who it is.  Likely to be the justice that saved the court.

Quote:It will be historic, no matter who it is. Likely to be the justice that saved the court.

How so. He replaces Scalia who was already a conservative on the bench. The court will be pretty much status quo
Quote:We shall soon see. I can tell you a couple of things that are certain. Democrats will try to block it no matter what, and liberals are going to get all worked up into another tizzy and possibly "<del>protest</del>" riot because of the nomination.
You're really good with the cross out text feature.

Please use it more often.
Quote:How so. He replaces Scalia who was already a conservative on the bench. The court will be pretty much status quo

That's what saves it.

For now.

Quote:That's what saves it.

For now.

So you are hoping someone dies?
I was hoping this was about a different choice. #TacoTuesday

not too much outrage yet, seems like a decent enough pick from my 5 minutes of research

Quote:So you are hoping someone dies?

Mental illness is something that needs to be addressed.  Please seek help.
Trump may have 3 picks
They just barely announced the pick and they are already protesting it...
Quote:They just barely announced the pick and they are already protesting it...

They started protesting it last Sunday.
Quote:They just barely announced the pick and they are already protesting it...

Nothing that's happened between now and the election would have changed anything.

This was going to happen no matter what.

Once the anointed queen lost, it was game over for the children.
If he truly is a man cut from Scalia's cloth as a Constitutionalist, we're in good hands. Unfortunately, a look at his past indicates that he's a religious right stooge, not a Constitutionalist. His nomination is just this side of assured, so hopefully he proves me wrong.

Last night, every young kid who hasn't taken US History yet collectively woke up with the sweats feeling like something bad just happened. That name is going to be a tough one when trying to name the SC judges. Why couldn't it have been Smith?
Quote:If he truly is a man cut from Scalia's cloth as a Constitutionalist, we're in good hands. Unfortunately, a look at his past indicates that he's a religious right stooge, not a Constitutionalist. His nomination is just this side of assured, so hopefully he proves me wrong.

Please list the disputed decisions and the legal principle he miss applied