Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Choice is Made

Gorsuch Is Trump’s Supreme Court Choice

President Donald Trump is not set to reveal his nominee for the Supreme Court (SCOTUS) until Tuesday evening, but sources within his administration have asserted that the appointee is a done deal: Judge Neil Gorsuch of Colorado.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/g...oice?fb=ov

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We shall soon see.  I can tell you a couple of things that are certain.  Democrats will try to block it no matter what, and liberals are going to get all worked up into another tizzy and possibly "protest" riot because of the nomination.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

It will be historic, no matter who it is.  Likely to be the justice that saved the court.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:It will be historic, no matter who it is. Likely to be the justice that saved the court.

How so. He replaces Scalia who was already a conservative on the bench. The court will be pretty much status quo

Quote:We shall soon see. I can tell you a couple of things that are certain. Democrats will try to block it no matter what, and liberals are going to get all worked up into another tizzy and possibly "<del>protest</del>" riot because of the nomination.
You're really good with the cross out text feature.

Please use it more often.

Quote:How so. He replaces Scalia who was already a conservative on the bench. The court will be pretty much status quo

That's what saves it.

For now.

Quote:That's what saves it.

For now.

So you are hoping someone dies?

I was hoping this was about a different choice. #TacoTuesday

not too much outrage yet, seems like a decent enough pick from my 5 minutes of research

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Quote:So you are hoping someone dies?

Mental illness is something that needs to be addressed.  Please seek help.

Trump may have 3 picks

They just barely announced the pick and they are already protesting it...
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:They just barely announced the pick and they are already protesting it...

They started protesting it last Sunday.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:They just barely announced the pick and they are already protesting it...

Nothing that's happened between now and the election would have changed anything.

This was going to happen no matter what.

Once the anointed queen lost, it was game over for the children.

If he truly is a man cut from Scalia's cloth as a Constitutionalist, we're in good hands. Unfortunately, a look at his past indicates that he's a religious right stooge, not a Constitutionalist. His nomination is just this side of assured, so hopefully he proves me wrong.

Last night, every young kid who hasn't taken US History yet collectively woke up with the sweats feeling like something bad just happened. That name is going to be a tough one when trying to name the SC judges. Why couldn't it have been Smith?

Quote:If he truly is a man cut from Scalia's cloth as a Constitutionalist, we're in good hands. Unfortunately, a look at his past indicates that he's a religious right stooge, not a Constitutionalist. His nomination is just this side of assured, so hopefully he proves me wrong.

Please list the disputed decisions and the legal principle he miss applied