Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Interesting take on the radical Islam issue in Germany
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Story The Germans certainly have seen their share of mass immigration, legal or otherwise, and refugee issues in their country and have felt the effects. Though this is a far right party POV I think they deserve to be heard objectively because Germany's current situation is what could be a future problem for this country. I can't imagine Trump is doing us any favors by railing against Muslims and publicly going after ISIS and he's not afraid to use the words "radical Islam" and that could bring a lot of hate and discontent down on this country. Maybe his executive orders on banning Muslims is a preventive measure against that happening, which makes sense though it doesn't account for those who are already here. 

I just thought it to be an interesting article.

That article gives another point of view on mass immigration and how it can place a heavy burden on a country's social norms. It's unfortunate that they are relating their issues to Muslims specifically. It's also unfortunate that you knowing or not just did the same. Where did you get the idea that we are banning Muslims exactly? Where did you get the idea we are banning anyone? I don't believe continuing to run with this false narrative helps people understand the reality of the current situation. Understand that this recent immigration executive order puts specific vetting pressure on a select few countries that have been identified by our intelligence agencies as most likely to want to do us harm. In addition, those countries specified have an inefficient vetting system. They have limited information on who is transiting or trying to leave these areas unless they have been previously identified by our government. Their processes are not sufficient to meet our requirements for knowing who is who and ours has been less than ideal. Regardless, radical entities do not need or require any additional motivation to hate Americans. It is the very backbone of their ideology.

http://www.spectator.co.uk/2016/09/how-s...migration/

'nuff said.

I love how liberals are against war, but at the same time want to bring war to this very country.

Another reason in a very long list that liberalism is a mental disorder.

Quote:That article gives another point of view on mass immigration and how it can place a heavy burden on a country's social norms. It's unfortunate that they are relating their issues to Muslims specifically. It's also unfortunate that you knowing or not just did the same. Where did you get the idea that we are banning Muslims exactly? Where did you get the idea we are banning anyone? I don't believe continuing to run with this false narrative helps people understand the reality of the current situation. Understand that this recent immigration executive order puts specific vetting pressure on a select few countries that have been identified by our intelligence agencies as most likely to want to do us harm. In addition, those countries specified have an inefficient vetting system. They have limited information on who is transiting or trying to leave these areas unless they have been previously identified by our government. Their processes are not sufficient to meet our requirements for knowing who is who and ours has been less than ideal. Regardless, radical entities do not need or require any additional motivation to hate Americans. It is the very backbone of their ideology.

In don't disagree with you at all. And I wasn't criticizing what Trump is doing so much as pointing out the obvious. He's pissing off a lot of people who mean us harm and it could bite us in the backside later if there isn't a plan in place to make sure those folks can't easily come over and wreak havoc.
I've been told for 20+ years that we need to be afraid of angering the Arab Street. I'm kind of over it now. If someone is willing to attack the USA over us saying radical islam, that's their wrong, not ours. I'm tired of America taking the blame whenever some whackjob gets offended and commits some act of violence. 

Quote:I've been told for 20+ years that we need to be afraid of angering the Arab Street. I'm kind of over it now. If someone is willing to attack the USA over us saying radical islam, that's their wrong, not ours. I'm tired of America taking the blame whenever some whackjob gets offended and commits some act of violence.

I'm not concerned about offending anyone, I just want reliable countermeasures for when stuff hits the fan. Obama treated the ME wit kid gloves and we still got "feedback" from ISIS and others. Trump is not even remotely being tactful and I can only imagine what may happen. Not freaking out about it but looking at it realistically.
Quote:I'm not concerned about offending anyone, I just want reliable countermeasures for when stuff hits the fan. Obama treated the ME wit kid gloves and we still got "feedback" from ISIS and others. Trump is not even remotely being tactful and I can only imagine what may happen. Not freaking out about it but looking at it realistically.

Strength repels aggression, weakness invites it.
I want trump to say "come at me brah!" 

Quote:I want trump to say "come at me brah!" 

It's easy for him to say it, they won't actually go after him. It will be somebody's son or daughter who will take the hit for such empty bravado.
Quote:Strength repels aggression, weakness invites it.

I would say aggression is already on the table with Trump's words. Let's hope he- or rather our military- can back it up if it comes to that. When the [BLEEP] comes it may not even be us, it may be our allies who get hammered. They're closer and easier to get to. All the terrorists have to do is start targeting our allies while saying it's to punish us for Trump's whatever and things could go bad quickly.
Quote:It's easy for him to say it, they won't actually go after him. It will be somebody's son or daughter who will take the hit for such empty bravado.
If someone is going to attack us based on those 4 words, they were already radicalized and their mind already made up. 
Quote:I would say aggression is already on the table with Trump's words. Let's hope he- or rather our military- can back it up if it comes to that. When the [BAD WORD REMOVED] comes it may not even be us, it may be our allies who get hammered. They're closer and easier to get to. All the terrorists have to do is start targeting our allies while saying it's to punish us for Trump's whatever and things could go bad quickly.

Because they haven't been doing that for the last 60 years already?
Quote:If someone is going to attack us based on those 4 words, they were already radicalized and their mind already made up.

Pretty much
They don't need any additional excuses. You are a Westerner. That is all they see and in most cases the hate is generational.

Quote:They don't need any additional excuses. You are a Westerner. That is all they see and in most cases the hate is generational.

It's not those already radicalized, it's the new recruits inspired by acts confirming what their recruiters had been telling them.
I believe in blowback which is why I'm against foreign intervention. When and if trump sends us into another middle eastern conflict I'll stand opposed to it. But revoking the passports or denying refuge status to citizens of failed states isn't aggression, it's common sense self defense. It's how this should be done and should have been advertised from the start.

Where I think trump made a mistake is with the campaign talk of a total Muslim ban.
Quote:I believe in blowback which is why I'm against foreign intervention. When and if trump sends us into another middle eastern conflict I'll stand opposed to it. But revoking the passports or denying refuge status to citizens of failed states isn't aggression, it's common sense self defense. It's how this should be done and should have been advertised from the start.

Where I think trump made a mistake is with the campaign talk of a total Muslim ban.

^Very much this..
Quote:I believe in blowback which is why I'm against foreign intervention. When and if trump sends us into another middle eastern conflict I'll stand opposed to it. But revoking the passports or denying refuge status to citizens of failed states isn't aggression, it's common sense self defense. It's how this should be done and should have been advertised from the start.

1.) you're absolutely right.

2.) but you also have to remember, these are the people who opposed mandatory minimum sentences for aggravated felons (rapists murderers etc.) who have already been convicted, deported, and defied deportation to illegally re-enter the country. This is the "we shall have open borders" immigration extremists.
Quote:It's not those already radicalized, it's the new recruits inspired by acts confirming what their recruiters had been telling them.
Did you miss the word "generational"? The recruiters you mention are their parents, grand-parents, aunts, uncles, etc. It is a taught behavior based on family and sect loyalty. This is hard for most Westerners to understand because we don't typically think this way and independence is valued versus many countries where the multi-generation family unit lives together and independence is not encouraged.
Quote:Because they haven't been doing that for the last 60 years already?
Yes, but I believe it could be a lot worse. No one has been as outspoken against the ME in the last 60 years as Trump as been in the last 24 months. That's not going to go unnoticed and there will be an answer I don't believe this country is prepared for.

I agree with everything you said. The bold part is common sense but we're dealing with a couple of groups of people who don't understand that concept. The people it's targeting and the liberals or anyone else here who are against it. 

The aggression I spoke of was Trump's handling of it all. Compared to previous Presidents he really is aggressive. No kid gloves and no real diplomacy which the latter doesn't work on folks who want you dead no matter what. 
Pages: 1 2