Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguar's deep threat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
For the 2015 season, who is the Jaguars deep threat?  Do they have one?  Do they need one?  What's our situation.

Lee is for the moment. They will probably look to add someone like Maclin or Torrey Smith as that veteran presence if they come available.
I see this team having maybe a couple of deep threats already as long as they keep progressing.
Lee easily with a little Hurns mixed in here and there.

Hurns can be a great deep threat receiver if he gets more consistent. His double move is sick.
Learn how to spell Lee's damn name.
Good post OP

We have deep threats but having them and not throwing down the field doesn't do any good. I don't think we have any deep plays

Quote:We have deep threats but having them and not throwing down the field doesn't do any good. I don't think we have any deep plays

Considering the new offensive staff hasn't really made a playbook yet.....  yeah, there are no deep plays.  There are no plays. 

Seriously though, Olson used a healthy amount of intermediate passes in Oakland - and depending on protection - I'm sure we'll see more downfield action in the coming season than last. 

It's got to be a mix of Marqise Lee & Hurns. But more Lee than Hurns.

Quote:Learn how to spell Lee's damn name.

Na, man. A 'q' with no 'u' following it? I never had a chance. I was having trouble spelling Allen.
I thought the "E" was an "O" in the last word of the OP/Thread title. For a moment I thought I knew exactly who you were talking about.... :woot:

Quote:I thought the "E" was an "O" in the last word of the OP/Thread title. For a moment I thought I knew exactly who you were talking about.... :woot:

Mind Blown.  Maybe this should have been the topic.  Though I'm drawing a blank on who it might be and why it was so secretive.

Back to deep "threats".   Throwing deep is mysterious.  Some say speed kills, but then there are double moves, back shoulder, yolo balls.  Some say it's O-line, letting plays develop, even pocket presence.  I cant figure it out.  Its like the holy grail of football.  Looks like Lee is leading the poll so far.  Hope this happens.  Just don't know that historically that's the way he's been used.   
The offensive line has to block long enough to allow a deep play to develop.  The other issue is we do not have a good consistent deep threat.

Lee has the natural skills to be a deep threat, and should be successful in this area as he better learns to set up the CB and improves his routes. 

I don't see the "dont need one since Bortles cant float it that deep" option

Quote:I don't see the "dont need one since Bortles cant float it that deep" option

But you found the "say something stupid" option.  Again. 
The deep threat thing will probably take a little more time to become a consistent option due to the protection issues and general youth at QB and WR. 

Still -- I think it will come to fruition at some point in 2015. Bottles showed some nice touch and accuracy on a number of intermediate throws last year, and Olson had many such plays cued up for Carr in Oakland, so I expect to see enough of that to satisfy the "pass downfield" requirement.

Example 
Quote:I thought the "E" was an "O" in the last word of the OP/Thread title. For a moment I thought I knew exactly who you were talking about.... :woot:
is Lee even going to be on the team come this Fall??

considering someone thinks he's a bust already.
Pages: 1 2 3