Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Attorney General hands Trump an "L", says to DOJ....Don't defend the Muslim Ban.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/30/us/po....html?_r=0

<p class="" style="margin-left:60px;font-family:georgia, 'times new roman', times, serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);">WASHINGTON — Acting Attorney General Sally Q. Yates, a holdover from the Obama administration, ordered the Justice Department on Monday not to defend President Trump’s executive order on immigration in court.

<p class="" style="margin-left:60px;font-family:georgia, 'times new roman', times, serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);">“I am responsible for ensuring that the positions we take in court remain consistent with this institution’s solemn obligation to always seek justice and stand for what is right,” Ms. Yates wrote in a letter to Justice Department lawyers. “At present, I am not convinced that the defense of the executive order is consistent with these responsibilities nor am I convinced that the executive order is lawful.”

"The decision is largely symbolic — Mr. Trump’s nominee to be attorney general, Senator Jeff Sessions, is likely to be confirmed soon"
The order will get rescinded. I'm sure you'll be upset Bchbunnie4. 

And she was fired within hours!!
Quote:The order will get rescinded. I'm sure you'll be upset Bchbunnie4.

Not nearly as much as you will be when it doesn't.
Quote:Not nearly as much as you will be when it doesn't.

Do you really believe this was a well thought out executive order? Does this feel like due diligence was performed?
You're fired!
Quote:Do you really believe this was a well thought out executive order? Does this feel like due diligence was performed?

Yes
Quote:You're fired!

Guessing she is ok with it. Won't be hard to find a firm to join. Kudos for having conviction and sticking up for what's right.
Quote:Guessing she is ok with it. Won't be hard to find a firm to join. Kudos for havin conviction and sticking up for what's right.

What is right in her or your eyes doesn't make it right.
Quote:What is right in her or your eyes doesn't make it right.

Interesting so you want the AG to be the Presidents yes man?

Didn't Sessions tell the Senate he would have no problem doing just what she did?
Quote:Interesting so you want the AG to be the Presidents yes man?

We want an at to be the constitutions yes man.
Trump will be disrespected by nobody. Pack your craps skippy. You're fired!
Quote:Trump will be disrespected by nobody. Pack your craps skippy. You're fired!

New guy cannot sign off on any orders. Law requires senate confirmation.
I think it is absolutely hilarious that the AG got canned within an hour of Solid Snake spewing his hot garbage all over this board.
Quote:Interesting so you want the AG to be the Presidents yes man?

Didn't Sessions tell the Senate he would have no problem doing just what she did?

Like Eric Holder?
"Mr. Trump has the authority to fire Ms. Yates, but as the top Senate-confirmed official at the Justice Department, she is the only one authorized to sign foreign surveillance warrants, an essential function at the department."

So basically he has put the whole country at risk since we will not be able sign a foreign surveillance warrant? The terrorists just won. Either he really doesn't know what he is doing or he is deliberately trying to weaken America.
Quote:"Mr. Trump has the authority to fire Ms. Yates, but as the top Senate-confirmed official at the Justice Department, she is the only one authorized to sign foreign surveillance warrants, an essential function at the department."

So basically he has put the whole country at risk since we will not be able sign a foreign surveillance warrant? The terrorists just won. Either he really doesn't know what he is doing or he is deliberately trying to weaken America. Pam Bondi's spider sense is tingling.

No, the democrats put the country at risk by unnecessarily blocking Sessions.
Quote:No, the democrats put the country at risk by unnecessarily blocking Sessions.

Was he unnecessarily blocked the last time he couldn't get confirmed?
Quote:No, the democrats put the country at risk by unnecessarily blocking Sessions.

Sessions is such bad choice. They really had no option.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5