Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: GoDaddy.com pulls its Super Bowl commercial amid complaints
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Has anyone heard of a company doing this before?

Instead of NBC telling Go Daddy not to show its new "Lost Dog" ad for Super Sunday, Go Daddy pulled the trigger itself in response to backlash from many animal lovers.

Of course, I totally agree with the complainers because of this:

Quote:The commercial -- called "Lost Dog" -- shows a puppy that falls out of a truck ... and then overcomes all odds to find its way back home.  

Problem is, when the little guy returns home ... he finds out the owner used GoDaddy to set up a website to sell the dog to a new owner.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/01/27/godaddy-pu...-backlash/

We are in the wussiest era in American History.   

People need to grow up, and mind there own business, and just be a little more productive.

Lol, whats wrong with that commercial?  How is there any sort of animal cruelty?

That was a funny commercial.

Quote:Lol, whats wrong with that commercial?  How is there any sort of animal cruelty?

That was a funny commercial.

Didn't you know?? The buying and selling of dogs is the devil!!
Quote:We are in the wussiest era in American History.   

People need to grow up, and mind there own business, and just be a little more productive.

I don't like it! Therefore, it should not be allowed to exist!

Or something along those lines...
Unbelieveable that they're caving under whatever backlash they may be getting.

It's as if 5% of the population doesn't like it is automatically politically incorrect. Some people need a dose of humor in their life. If anyone thinks this is promoting, supporting, or has anything to do with cruelty to animals then they need their heads checked.

Quote:Has anyone heard of a company doing this before?

Instead of NBC telling Go Daddy not to show its new "Lost Dog" ad for Super Sunday, Go Daddy pulled the trigger itself in response to backlash from many animal lovers.

Of course, I totally agree with the complainers because of this:

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.tmz.com/2015/01/27/godaddy-pulls-super-bowl-spot-over-puppy-cruelty-backlash/'>http://www.tmz.com/2015/01/27/godaddy-pulls-super-bowl-spot-over-puppy-cruelty-backlash/</a>

JW, what exactly is wrong with that?
I honestly don't know what to make of it.  I'm leaning towards agreeing with JW.  I think the commercial is funny enough.  But I agree the idea of a company advertising itself as a huge hub for everyone to make money selling puppies is a bit creepy.  PETA can be annoying, but I agree with them here.  It's GoDaddy's choice to run or not run, but I think the criticism is fair.  

Quote:Unbelieveable that they're caving under whatever backlash they may be getting.

It's as if 5% of the population doesn't like it is automatically politically incorrect. Some people need a dose of humor in their life. If anyone thinks this is promoting, supporting, or has anything to do with cruelty to animals then they need their heads checked.

It's promoting selling pets to make money.  I'm no expert on the subject, but pet overpopulation is already a huge problem.  People who want pets have no problem finding them, and likely already have them.  They don't need more people breeding more pets that nobody wants to buy.   The actual commercial itself isn't offensive at all, it's just the product they selling and the huge audience it's reaching.  
Wow...what wrong with us nowadays everyone looks for things to be offended by.
Quote:It's promoting selling pets to make money.  I'm no expert on the subject, but pet overpopulation is already a huge problem.  People who want pets have no problem finding them, and likely already have them.  They don't need more people breeding more pets that nobody wants to buy.   The actual commercial itself isn't offensive at all, it's just the product they selling and the huge audience it's reaching.  

Are you kidding me?  Animals are shipped all over the country anyway.  Lets not act like this isn't happening anyway.    It happens legally and illegally, and I know MANY people that have given pets good homes that were shipped from the other side of the country.

So now we're assuming that just because someone buys an animal from another part of the country its going to lead to animal cruelty?  Got ya!
Quote:It's promoting selling pets to make money.  I'm no expert on the subject, but pet overpopulation is already a huge problem.  People who want pets have no problem finding them, and likely already have them.  They don't need more people breeding more pets that nobody wants to buy.   The actual commercial itself isn't offensive at all, it's just the product they selling and the huge audience it's reaching.  
I don't see them promoting that more so then them promoting their website. I highly doubt godaddy is using this to promote selling pets online using their webstie service.

Quote:You honestly think that is what that commercial is promoting? Selling pets that way?

The ad literally literally ends with them selling a puppy on GoDaddy.  
Quote:Are you kidding me?  Animals are shipped all over the country anyway.  Lets not act like this isn't happening anyway.    It happens legally and illegally, and I know MANY people that have given pets good homes that were shipped from the other side of the country.

So now we're assuming that just because someone buys an animal from another part of the country its going to lead to animal cruelty?  Got ya!

I never said anything about shipping animals from one part of the country to another.  Don't know what you're talking about there.  The only relevant thing is that the commercial promotes individuals making money selling puppies.
Quote:The ad literally literally ends with them selling a puppy on GoDaddy.

So?
Quote:JW, what exactly is wrong with that?

It implies the owner of the lost dog did not really love him because people who love their dogs do everything they can to get them back. If you don't love your dog, chances are you don't take good care of it.

Quote:Wow...what wrong with us nowadays everyone looks for things to be offended by.

I don't think people are offended by it. They are just mad about the implication that it is OK to sell puppies online who were not well cared for. People do that because they are just breeding dogs for money.

Quote:I don't see them promoting that more so then them promoting their website. I highly doubt godaddy is using this to promote selling pets online using their webstie service.

The company was definitely not trying to promote animal cruelty. I understand that. But most dog lovers would have been more interested in the puppy than the website.
Quote:So?

So it sends a message to people unaware about the pet overpopulation problem that it is OK to sell puppies.
Quote:So it sends a message to people unaware about the pet overpopulation problem that it is OK to sell puppies.

It is OK to sell puppies. Cats too.
So because a person wants to sell their pet it means they are not cared for?

What is wrong with people?
Quote:It is OK to sell puppies. Cats too.

The problem with selling puppies online is the people who do it only breed dogs for that purpose and don't take care of them or practice good breeding habits such as making sure there are no bad genes being passed on. Good dog breeders only sell puppies to people who personally meet them and agree to spay or neuter. In this commercial, that does not happen.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5