Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Sarah Palin Made A Speech Last Night
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Here is an exact quote:

"Things must change for our government. Look at it. It isn’t too big to fail. It’s too big to succeed! It's too big to succeed, so we can afford no retreads or nothing will change with the same people and same policies that got us into the status quo. Another Latin word, status quo, and it stands for, ‘Man, the middle-class everyday Americans are really gettin’ taken for a ride.’ That's status quo, and GOP leaders, by the way, y'know the man can only ride ya when your back is bent. So strengthen it. Then the man can't ride ya, America won't be taken for a ride, because so much is at stake and we can't afford politicians playing games like nothing more is at stake than, oh, maybe just the next standing of theirs in the next election."

What do we make of this?   The woman is obviously a genius who has invented a whole new genre of speech making- Jazz speech making.    She doesn't say the words you expect.  It's more like jazz- she says the words between the words.  

It may be a hundred years before she's appreciated, but in the meantime, we should preserve her speeches so future generations, who can appreciate her, can enjoy them for their groundbreaking, free form jazzy style.  

Watch and appreciate it: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrzD-zqWwWc

Wallbash

Are we sure Sarah Palin isn't a Canadian spy trying to take down the Republican party?  Or maybe Russian.

Cause I'm always confused if it's Sarah Palin, or just Tina Fey pretending to be Sarah Palin.  

Quote:Are we sure Sarah Palin isn't a Canadian spy trying to take down the Republican party?  Or maybe Russian.

Cause I'm always confused if it's Sarah Palin, or just Tina Fey pretending to be Sarah Palin.  
Well she could see Russia from her hometown in Alaska couldn't she?
Quote:Here is an exact quote:

"Things must change for our government. Look at it. It isn’t too big to fail. It’s too big to succeed! It's too big to succeed, so we can afford no retreads or nothing will change with the same people and same policies that got us into the status quo. Another Latin word, status quo, and it stands for, ‘Man, the middle-class everyday Americans are really gettin’ taken for a ride.’ That's status quo, and GOP leaders, by the way, y'know the man can only ride ya when your back is bent. So strengthen it. Then the man can't ride ya, America won't be taken for a ride, because so much is at stake and we can't afford politicians playing games like nothing more is at stake than, oh, maybe just the next standing of theirs in the next election."

What do we make of this?   The woman is obviously a genius who has invented a whole new genre of speech making- Jazz speech making.    She doesn't say the words you expect.  It's more like jazz- she says the words between the words.  

It may be a hundred years before she's appreciated, but in the meantime, we should preserve her speeches so future generations, who can appreciate her, can enjoy them for their groundbreaking, free form jazzy style.  

Watch and appreciate it: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrzD-zqWwWc
If she were black, and you were conservative, you would never hear the end of it.

One more reason why liberals suck. Double standards. "Do as I say, not as I do...."
Quote:If she were black, and you were conservative, you would never hear the end of it.

One more reason why liberals suck. Double standards. "Do as I say, not as I do...."

Or if she were Hillary!
Didn't like her in 2008 and don't like her now. As a politician anyway.
Quote:If she were black, and you were conservative, you would never hear the end of it.

I don't know about that, 'Topes.... Both sides of the aisle mock Sheila Jackson Lee of Texas' 18th district for similar incoherent babble.

Unintelligible drivel is the same no matter who says it. Unfortunately, it comes from almost every politician these days. Some more than others, no doubt.
#GoGata

She's still a hottie..

I think we should get them all on stage at the same time: Sarah Palin, Corrinne Brown, Sheila Jackson Lee etc.   Let them all riff without notes.   It would be epic.  
She is a moron

Quote:She's still a hottie..
That's what my husband says. Lol
Quote:That's what my husband says. Lol

It's a statistical fact that you can be hot and dumb at the same time! :thumbsup:
I don't really think she's that hot in all honesty. I mean as a politician ok but on a normal basis naw.
Quote:I don't really think she's that hot in all honesty. I mean as a politician ok but on a normal basis naw.

The mediocre looks and the folksy nature don't do it for you? Some people are attracted to dumb. 
Quote:The mediocre looks and the folksy nature don't do it for you? Some people are attracted to dumb. 

To me she comes off as fake, I've lived in rural areas all my life except 2 years on the Northside (talk about a fish out of water) and 4 years renting in Palm Coast. Most women I know from the rural areas, are tough and extremely smart. The bimbo from the woods act just comes off as fake to me.  And make no mistake she plays the role on purpose some of the stuff she had said you don't just say by accident.
Quote:To me she comes off as fake, I've lived in rural areas all my life except 2 years on the Northside (talk about a fish out of water) and 4 years renting in Palm Coast. Most women I know from the rural areas, are tough and extremely smart. The bimbo from the woods act just comes off as fake to me.  And make no mistake she plays the role on purpose some of the stuff she had said you don't just say by accident.
Oh it's a total act. Still have no clue what McCain and the GOP saw in her to give her the VP nod.... Baffling and scary
Quote:Oh it's a total act. Still have no clue what McCain and the GOP saw in her to give her the VP nod.... Baffling and scary

They were catering to the branch of their party who wants their leaders to be no smarter than they are. It's the same folks who distrust people who are well educated.
Quote:They were catering to the branch of their party who wants their leaders to be no smarter than they are. It's the same folks who distrust people who are well educated.

Yea no plain was mccains poor attempt to counter Hilary. He thought Hilary would win the nomination and needed a woman vp to get some of the woman vote
Pages: 1 2 3