Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: New Starters on Jags defense in 2015 Season opener?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ok How Many New Starters on Jaguars starting defense in 2015 season.I personally say 3. I think Free Safety, Otto and somewhere on Dline. I think it will depend on health of Marks or obviously what Jags do with 3rd overall pick. Also if we sign JPP or maybe Greg Hardy. Thoughts?
4. One maybe two on DL. 1 LB and a FS

Yeah, what Teal Curtain said.

If we assume Marks is back then I'll say two.  One LB, one FS.  I think any rookies they draft on the D-line likely won't be starting opening day unless Marks is still out.

Quote:4. One maybe two on DL. 1 LB and a FS
What 2 on Dline? Leo and DT?
5 Tech - Leonard Williams

Leo - Free Agent (Jerry Hughes)

Quote:5 Tech - Leonard Williams

Leo - Free Agent (Jerry Hughes)
I'd be down with this but I really doubt L Williams is available at 3. I think he's best player in draft in eltimately will go in top 2 selections. How about Hughes at Otto LB and either Ray or Gregory at Leo?
Probably a LB that wasn't part of the rotating cast last year - maybe a rookie LEO  - and definitely a FS. 

More  - certainly a possibility. 

With the D-Line being so rotation heavy, is it really fair to call anyone a "starter" there? In a technical sense it stands up, but those guys split playtime pretty evenly there.

Now I can see the team having a new starter at  the OTTO spot, and maybe Free Safety, with a fresh face in the rotation along the Line. So I guess you could put me down for 2 1/2.

FS and LB.... I think they're "ok" everywhere else.

Quote:With the D-Line being so rotation heavy, is it really fair to call anyone a "starter" there? In a technical sense it stands up, but those guys split playtime pretty evenly there.

Now I can see the team having a new starter at  the OTTO spot, and maybe Free Safety, with a fresh face in the rotation along the Line. So I guess you could put me down for 2 1/2.
DE x1

LB x1

FS x1

Another D Line or LB x1

=4 IMHO
Quote:If we assume Marks is back then I'll say two.  One LB, one FS.  I think any rookies they draft on the D-line likely won't be starting opening day unless Marks is still out.

This is my guess as well.
Quote:If we assume Marks is back then I'll say two. One LB, one FS.  I think any rookies they draft on the D-line likely won't be starting opening day unless Marks is still out.

It is too early to tell when Marks will be back. Some guys are ready by the season opener and others have to start the year on PUP. I would rather take injuries out of the questoin and only ask how many depth chart changes will occur.
1. FS

2. LB

3. DE/LEO

4. DT(temporary until Marks comes back)

5. CB???(Maybe they find someone to place across Colvin while Mcray developes??????f

Quote:With the D-Line being so rotation heavy, is it really fair to call anyone a "starter" there? In a technical sense it stands up, but those guys split playtime pretty evenly there.

How much playing time does each defensive lineman get? I know it is not as evenly distributed as Fred Taylor and MJD were at running back, but all of them play in games.
Quote:5. CB???(Maybe they find someone to place across McCray while Colvin develops??????f

Fixed.

I think Alan Ball could return to that spot, however.
Quote:I think Alan Ball could return to that spot.

Alan Ball is a pending free agent. Have the Jaguars talked t/o his agent yet?
Quote:Alan Ball is a pending free agent. Have the Jaguars talked t/o his agent yet?

Ah, I didn't realize he was.
Quote:What 2 on Dline? Leo and DT?

I was thinking LDE. Their LEO and DTs spots are fine as is. At LEO, I doubt anyone is going to come in and knock Clemons out of his starting role, although I'd welcome the addition of depth at the spot.

As for the overall question, I can see four new starters at LDE, Otto, CB and S.

Don't we already have enough depth at Leo?

On opening day, it is far more likely we have a different defensive tackle because of the Marks injury.

Pages: 1 2 3