Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Do you think we'll go back to using a FB this year?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I'm really hoping that we'll draft a FB in the later rounds of this draft. I live outside of Cincinnati and rarely get Jags' news up here. Has anyone asked Marrone this question or has there been any indication whether we may go back to utilizing a FB? 

Alualu

I'm thinking we do.

Hackett is best known for his run game coordination, and the team has to feel that the run game must get going in order to properly monitor and limit Blake's arm so it lasts an entire season. I do feel this is going to be a consistent issue with Blake especially if the Jaguars do go deep in the Playoffs. They need to find something that works for him, and the best way to be able to pace his throws is with a very strong run game.

It does seem that Caldwell feels the FB position is overrated, but right now it just feels like the team can use one. Moreover, I'm thinking Coughlin's offenses have always featured a FB.

I think it would help. What teams still use a FB? I feel the Packers do

I never stopped using facebook
Quote:I never stopped using facebook

Look, this isn't about you. We want to know if Dave will get on FB.

Just a bit of info. Here is what the free agent opportunities look like if the Jags went that route.

Zach Line  age 26 MIN
John Kuhn  age 34   NO
Jerome Felton age 30 BUF
Marcel Reece  age 31 SEA
Will Tukuafu age 33 SEA
James Develin age 28 NE
Patrick DiMarco age 27 ATL
Kyle Juszczyk age 25
I think they will certainly bring in a FB but I don't think (and hope they don't) they will draft a FB. Just bring in a UDFA like Prescott Line (younger brother of Zach Line) or Emmanuel Holder.

Quote:I think they will certainly bring in a FB but I don't think (and hope they don't) they will draft a FB. Just bring in a UDFA like Prescott Line (younger brother of Zach Line) or Emmanuel Holder.

Agree. No need to toss a draft pick when there should be plenty of FA options at the position.
Wonder what Will Ta'ufo'ou is up to these days
Quote:Wonder what Will Ta'ufo'ou is up to these days

Scroll up two posts... it appears he's a FA after a stint with the Seahawks, but dude is now 33.

Kuhn is one of the best in the bus... but dude is 34. Marcel Reece can run as well, but dude is 31.

Hopefully whoever they do bring in isn't quite so old.

Quote:I'm really hoping that we'll draft a FB in the later rounds of this draft. I live outside of Cincinnati and rarely get Jags' news up here. Has anyone asked Marrone this question or has there been any indication whether we may go back to utilizing a FB?
yeah, jags draft fat boy donte foreman in the 7th round.
I say we get Chris Fuamatu ma afala out of retirement.

Quote:I think it would help. What teams still use a FB? I feel the Packers do

I can't remember the last time Green Bay did not use fullbacks in the running game. John Kuhn got a good number of carries when he was there. Aaron Ripkowski got a lot of carries but that was partly because the Packers were understaffed at the position. I think we need that kind of player - someone who can run between the tackles when he is not blocking.
Hope so
Quote:I think it would help. What teams still use a FB? I feel the Packers do

Both teams in the SB.
Quote:I say we get Chris Fuamatu ma afala out of retirement.
You forgot a few more syllables from his last name.
Quote:Both teams in the SB.

So do the Ravens. I can't spell the guy's name but he is in the Pro Bowl this week.
Quote:So do the Ravens. I can't spell the guy's name but he is in the Pro Bowl this week.

Greg Jones played FB for the Jaguars once. He didn't play in the Pro Bowl though.
Yesss. Fullbacks are fun to watch.

Even if its only for a few snaps a game. The most snaps a fullback played this year was 148
Pages: 1 2 3 4