Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 15 years ago yesterday...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:.....For the third time in the ’99 season, the Titans knocked off the Jaguars, pulling away to a 33-14 victory in Jacksonville to capture the AFC crown.

A seven-point underdog, Tennessee seized control with 16 points in a 4:28 span in the third quarter. Then, the Titans put the game away in the fourth quarter, with Steve McNair’s 51-yard run setting up the quarterback’s one-yard score one play later.

Ultimately, Tennessee was the only club to defeat Jacksonville all season, with the Jaguars going 15-0 against all other competition.

Oh what could have been...

What's worse? losing to the same team 3 times in a row in the same season while going undefeated against everyone else? or by being up 12 points in the final 5 mins in the 4th quarter and blowing the lead against the defending SB champs in their house?

Quote:What's worse? losing to the same team 3 times in a row in the same season while going undefeated against everyone else? or by being up 12 points in the final 5 mins in the 4th quarter and blowing the lead against the defending SB champs in their house?

Add to the fact that the coach was Mr. Mullettop himself and the disenchantment begins.
Obviously what happened to us because we were the #1 seed in the AFC and the Titans were lucky to win two playoff games. Nothing can get worse than that.

Actually, I'd rather lose in the AFC Championship Game then to look back, at the Titans do today, realizing they were about 4 inches from winning a SB on the last play of the game.  THAT MCNAIR TO DYSON MUST BE GUT WRENCHING TO WATCH.

Quote:Actually, I'd rather lose in the AFC Championship Game then to look back, at the Titans do today, realizing they were about 4 inches from winning a SB on the last play of the game.  THAT MCNAIR TO DYSON MUST BE GUT WRENCHING TO WATCH.

The Titans were not four inches from winning the Super Bowl. They were trailing by seven, so a touchdown and PAT only would have forced overtime.

I don't remember the pass at all, but I will never forget Kevin Dyson reaching to the goal line hoping his arm was long enough.
Helluva tackle by some no-name LB in the open field against a WR.

I remember leaving the dolphins game after 62-7, almost everyone was chanting "bring on the titans." Even thought hey hadn't beat Buffalo yet, people wanted revenge against the titans, and they were sure we would get it if we played them again at home.

15 years ago, I experienced the highest of highs and lowest of lows within the same week. The only thing that has come close since then was the 2007 steelers win followed by a loss against the patriots*.

In 1999 I saw Jags fans at the happiest they ever were, and a week later probably the saddest they've ever been. It's a crazy life we live.
Quote:Actually, I'd rather lose in the AFC Championship Game then to look back, at the Titans do today, realizing they were about 4 inches from winning a SB on the last play of the game.  THAT MCNAIR TO DYSON MUST BE GUT WRENCHING TO WATCH.

The greatest end to a Super Bowl as far as many Jags fans are concerned.
That was also the last home playoff game in Jags history AND the only home playoff loss too.

The Jags actually have a winning record in home playoff games.

Here, take a look:   http://www.pro-football-reference.com/te...ayoffs.htm

I know it's hard, if not impossible, for some of our younger fans to believe, but it's true, it's all true.
Quote:The greatest end to a Super Bowl as far as many Jags fans are concerned.
Tennessee came up a Titan Yard short lol.
Quote:Tennessee came up a Titan Yard short lol.

Yep, and it was a beautiful thing.
Quote:Helluva tackle by some no-name LB in the open field against a WR.

I remember leaving the dolphins game after 62-7, almost everyone was chanting "bring on the titans." Even thought hey hadn't beat Buffalo yet, people wanted revenge against the titans, and they were sure we would get it if we played them again at home.

Actually the Titans did already beat the Bills. They were playing against the Colts that day.
Quote:Tennessee came up a Titan Yard short lol.

That play was named The Longest Yard, after a movie with that title.
Why, why would you post this! You soul-less bastard! you know how long it's taken me to semi-forget this! DAMN YOU KARNN DAMN YOU!!!!!
Quote:Why, why would you post this! You soul-less [BAD WORD REMOVED]! you know how long it's taken me to semi-forget this! DAMN YOU KARNN DAMN YOU!!!!!

You must NEVER forget and you MUST use it as motivation in your life any chance you get.
I was living in Nashville at the time too.  Ugh.... I still think the music city miracle was a forward pass.  And odds are we beat the very young and inexperienced Peyton Manning and make it to the Super Bowl.

Not sure we beat that Rams team.  

Quote:I was living in Nashville at the time too.  Ugh.... I still think the music city miracle was a forward pass.  And odds are we beat the very young and inexperienced Peyton Manning and make it to the Super Bowl.

Not sure we beat that Rams team.  
If there was one team in the AFC that was going to beat the Rams it was the Jaguars. I still think if the Music City Miracle hadn't happened the Jaguars would have won the Super Bowl.
Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt vs Jimmy and Keenan would've been epic.
Brunell was suckered into an interception in the end zone and then played shell shocked the rest of the game.

Quote:If there was one team in the AFC that was going to beat the Rams it was the Jaguars. I still think if the Music City Miracle hadn't happened the Jaguars would have won the Super Bowl.
 I talked to Aaron Beasley and asked him what it was about the titans? He said he didn't know they just had our number for some reason (Stolen playbook)..

I also asked him if he thought they would have beaten the Rams in the SB he said  quote "We would have whooped them".

Pages: 1 2