Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The beer can turns 80 this weekend, celebrate by cracking open a cold one
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

The beer can turns 80 this weekend, celebrate by cracking open a cold one

Beer cans may be a staple of college culture and backyard barbecues but they haven’t been around forever. 

It’s hard to imagine a time when you couldn’t head to the convenience store and pick up a 24-pack for an impromptu party.

But did you know the first beer can was sold on Jan. 24 1935? Celebrate the beer can’s 80<sup>th</sup> birthday by cracking open a cold one this Saturday.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015/01/2...p=features

Dang it Drifter!

Quote:Dang it Drifter!

What??????
Quote:What??????
You know what you did.  :verymad:
Quote:You know what you did.  :verymad:

Yeah!
Laughing  Don't worry Senior I will indulge for the both of us this weekend

Quote: Laughing  Don't worry Senior I will indulge for the both of us this weekend
 I'll probably have to break protocol and have one this weekend. I actually have a few cans in my fridge that I've been dying to try.
I'll take one from the bottle in the can's honor. Personally I can't stand drinking anything from a can.

Regards..................the Chiefjag

Quote:I'll take one from the bottle in the can's honor. Personally I can't stand drinking anything from a can.

Regards..................the Chiefjag

:woot: I think the can taste so much better!
Quote: :woot: I think the can taste so much better!

I can go either way (mostly because I can fit more cans in my ice chest). All though, I sat through a very compelling beer symposium detailing why canned beer is better a few years ago.
Quote:I can go either way (mostly because I can fit more cans in my ice chest). All though, I sat through a very compelling beer symposium detailing why canned beer is better a few years ago.

I even like soda out of the can better.
Quote:I even like soda out of the can better.

Now you're just talkin crazy.
Quote:Now you're just talkin crazy.
I know right? I thought Eric was as American as a McMansion, turns out he's a commie. 
I avoid the can at most any cost, I'll even pour my PBR into a glass if I can.

I want to taste beer, not aluminum.
Quote:I know right? I thought Eric was as American as a McMansion, turns out he's a commie.

I've never been more insulted in my life!

Good sir I've been called a many things before, but you good sir you've crossed the line!
Quote:I've never been more insulted in my life!

Good sir I've been called a many things before, but you good sir you've crossed the line!
Whatever comrade Eric. 
Drasdoitchya Comrade Eric.
I read a compelling study by a respected institution years ago detailing how the increase in incidents of various cancers is directly proportional to our increase in the use of metals. In it, the researchers brought out the fact that drinking from cans will introduce microscopic particles of metals into our blood stream which are toxic to our system. They also brought out the fact we also introduce metals into our bodies by handling metals such as keys, utensils, tools, etc. This research, whether fact or fiction, encouraged me to stop drinking from cans and rethink things, like putting those plastic covers on keys, for instance.

Also, if you use anti-perspirant you are shoving alumina-stearate (metal particles) or some variant into your pores. This has the same effect.

Regards....................the Chiefjag

Quote:I read a compelling study by a respected institution years ago detailing how the increase in incidents of various cancers is directly proportional to our increase in the use of metals. In it, the researchers brought out the fact that drinking from cans will introduce microscopic particles of metals into our blood stream which are toxic to our system. They also brought out the fact we also introduce metals into our bodies by handling metals such as keys, utensils, tools, etc. This research, whether fact or fiction, encouraged me to stop drinking from cans and rethink things, like putting those plastic covers on keys, for instance.

Also, if you use anti-perspirant you are shoving alumina-stearate (metal particles) or some variant into your pores. This has the same effect.

Regards....................the Chiefjag
Rising cancer rates have more to do with people living longer than anything they ingest. Life expectancy in the US in 1950 was 68 years. Today it's 78 years. What used to be fatal illnesses have become easily curable and as a result the more hard to treat diseases have moved up the scale. 
Quote:I even like soda out of the can better.

My son feels the same way you do...Id rather have it out of the bottle!
Pages: 1 2