Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The beer can turns 80 this weekend, celebrate by cracking open a cold one

The beer can turns 80 this weekend, celebrate by cracking open a cold one

Beer cans may be a staple of college culture and backyard barbecues but they haven’t been around forever. 

It’s hard to imagine a time when you couldn’t head to the convenience store and pick up a 24-pack for an impromptu party.

But did you know the first beer can was sold on Jan. 24 1935? Celebrate the beer can’s 80<sup>th</sup> birthday by cracking open a cold one this Saturday.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015/01/2...p=features

Wants to join the "cereal box" dating service. I've dated enough flakes and nuts...all I want is the prize now.
[Image: mds111.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Dang it Drifter!

Quote:Dang it Drifter!

What??????

Wants to join the "cereal box" dating service. I've dated enough flakes and nuts...all I want is the prize now.
[Image: mds111.jpg]

Quote:What??????
You know what you did.  :verymad:

Quote:You know what you did.  :verymad:

Yeah!

Laughing  Don't worry Senior I will indulge for the both of us this weekend

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote: Laughing  Don't worry Senior I will indulge for the both of us this weekend
 I'll probably have to break protocol and have one this weekend. I actually have a few cans in my fridge that I've been dying to try.

I'll take one from the bottle in the can's honor. Personally I can't stand drinking anything from a can.

Regards..................the Chiefjag

Quote:I'll take one from the bottle in the can's honor. Personally I can't stand drinking anything from a can.

Regards..................the Chiefjag

:woot: I think the can taste so much better!

Quote: :woot: I think the can taste so much better!

I can go either way (mostly because I can fit more cans in my ice chest). All though, I sat through a very compelling beer symposium detailing why canned beer is better a few years ago.

Quote:I can go either way (mostly because I can fit more cans in my ice chest). All though, I sat through a very compelling beer symposium detailing why canned beer is better a few years ago.

I even like soda out of the can better.

Quote:I even like soda out of the can better.

Now you're just talkin crazy.

Quote:Now you're just talkin crazy.
I know right? I thought Eric was as American as a McMansion, turns out he's a commie. 

I avoid the can at most any cost, I'll even pour my PBR into a glass if I can.

I want to taste beer, not aluminum.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:I know right? I thought Eric was as American as a McMansion, turns out he's a commie.

I've never been more insulted in my life!

Good sir I've been called a many things before, but you good sir you've crossed the line!

Quote:I've never been more insulted in my life!

Good sir I've been called a many things before, but you good sir you've crossed the line!
Whatever comrade Eric. 

Drasdoitchya Comrade Eric.

I read a compelling study by a respected institution years ago detailing how the increase in incidents of various cancers is directly proportional to our increase in the use of metals. In it, the researchers brought out the fact that drinking from cans will introduce microscopic particles of metals into our blood stream which are toxic to our system. They also brought out the fact we also introduce metals into our bodies by handling metals such as keys, utensils, tools, etc. This research, whether fact or fiction, encouraged me to stop drinking from cans and rethink things, like putting those plastic covers on keys, for instance.

Also, if you use anti-perspirant you are shoving alumina-stearate (metal particles) or some variant into your pores. This has the same effect.

Regards....................the Chiefjag

Quote:I read a compelling study by a respected institution years ago detailing how the increase in incidents of various cancers is directly proportional to our increase in the use of metals. In it, the researchers brought out the fact that drinking from cans will introduce microscopic particles of metals into our blood stream which are toxic to our system. They also brought out the fact we also introduce metals into our bodies by handling metals such as keys, utensils, tools, etc. This research, whether fact or fiction, encouraged me to stop drinking from cans and rethink things, like putting those plastic covers on keys, for instance.

Also, if you use anti-perspirant you are shoving alumina-stearate (metal particles) or some variant into your pores. This has the same effect.

Regards....................the Chiefjag
Rising cancer rates have more to do with people living longer than anything they ingest. Life expectancy in the US in 1950 was 68 years. Today it's 78 years. What used to be fatal illnesses have become easily curable and as a result the more hard to treat diseases have moved up the scale. 

Quote:I even like soda out of the can better.

My son feels the same way you do...Id rather have it out of the bottle!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???