Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: What if The Jags actually have one of the best
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
What if we actually have one of the best coaching staffs in the league? One of the best front offices, marketing and one of the best owners in the league? One of the best cities, stadiums one of the best teams and just all around organizations, but we just don't know it because it has yet to mature? We haven't won, and so therefore none of the best has come to fruition just yet. Really, i'd just like to take this time to wonder what this team may have been had Brian Anger's name would have been Russell Wilson. Oh well. Hygiene
I always wondered what would have happened had the Jaguars selected Terrell Suggs instead of Byron Leftwich in 2003, and then got Ben Roethlisberger at #9 in 2004 instead of Reggie Williams.

Hell, we could got Aaron Rodgers in 2005 instead of dope-head Matt Jones.

...or better yet, JJ Watt at #10 in 2011 instead of Blaine Gabbert.  

Yeah we were in position to have a stacked team.. now paying all those people might have been a problem....

If I had that crystal ball I would have bought netflix google or tesla stock
Quote:What if we actually have one of the best coaching staffs in the league? One of the best front offices, marketing and one of the best owners in the league? One of the best cities, stadiums one of the best teams and just all around organizations, but we just don't know it because it has yet to mature? We haven't won, and so therefore none of the best has come to fruition just yet. Really, i'd just like to take this time to wonder what this team may have been had Brian Anger's name would have been Russell Wilson. Oh well. Hygiene

One is allowed to dream, so might as well dream big.
Quote:Hell, we could got Aaron Rodgers in 2005 instead of dope-head Matt Jones.

Those two with Suggs from the 03 draft . . . 

[Image: sheldon.gif]

LOL.

Just picture this team with Suggs and Watt at DE, and with Rodgers at QB. Oh what could have been.

Heck, what if Caldwell drafted Luke Kuechly instead of Justin Blackmon?

Don't you just love 20/20 hindsight?

Was about to write that one until you did. Makes me hurt inside.
If we don't get 6 wins this year, we will not no because they will more than likely be canned.

Maybe the Jags just haven't matured yet. As far as the coaching staff, it didn't start out solid, hence the Fisch firing. Olson doesn't exactly have a great track record as an OC.

A lot of it depends on Bortles. Will he practice the correct mechanics enough that it becomes second nature during the games. Has playing this past year set that back so far that he'll never get to that point? We'll find out in the next two seasons. He sure showed a lot of promise during the last preseason.

We chose Tyson Alualu over Earl Thomas and Jason Pierrr Paul.
What if we had one of the best coaching staffs in the league?

Nice topic

What if the Philadelphia 76ers have the best NBA Coach?

What if Liechtenstein has the best World Leader?

.... we may just never know.

Quote:LOL.

Just picture this team with Suggs and Watt at DE, and with Rodgers at QB. Oh what could have been.

Heck, what if Caldwell drafted Luke Kuechly instead of Justin Blackmon?

Don't you just love 20/20 hindsight?
Caldwell didnt draft blackmon Jean Smiffs did
Quote:Caldwell didnt draft blackmon Jean Smiffs did

That's Jeans Miff.

Lern to spel.

What if any other team took Tom Brady in any of the other 5 rounds before he actually got drafted?? 
we took 7 players over Tom Brady

RIP

*jumps in the TARDIS*

Let's see...

2005.  Hey, Shaq Harris.  Do me a favor and draft Aaron Rodgers instead of Matt Jones.  Rodgers will be a great QB!

2006.  Rodgers has sat a year, and instead of drafting Marcedes Lewis, Jags draft Nick Mangold at C.  

2007.  Rodgers is still sitting behind Garrard but developing.  And instead of taking Reggie Nelson, they draft Dwayne Bowe.

2008.  Rodgers is now the starting QB of the Jaguars!  That was an incredible Super Bowl! And instead of trading up for Derrick Harvey, the Jags sit at 32 and take Jordy Nelson.  We all know Rodgers to Nelson was destined!

2009.  No Super Bowl, but the Jags did make the playoffs!  That was fun to watch.  They draft at 30, and take Jairus Byrd!  

2010: Instead of taking Alualu in the Top 10, the Jags take Rob Gronkowski at 30.   Sam SHields in the 7th too.  

2011: After winning their second Super Bowl, the Jags take DeMarco Murray at RB in the 1st instead of Gabbert, and Randall Cobb in the 2nd.  Then Richard Sherman in the 3rd. 

2012:  Third super bowl, and second in a row!  Good going jags!  Dynasty talk is going all around!  Instead of taking a drunk in the 1st, they take Bobby Wagner.  And in the 3rd, they take Kirk Cousins.  Hey they can't all be good!

2013: Another trip to the AFC Championship, but no Super Bowl.  But that's okay!   Instead of Luke Joeckel, the Jags take... Travis Frederick.  

2014: And another Super Bowl for the Jaguars!  That's their fourth!  Jack Del Rio is destined for the Hall of Fame.  

*returns to 2015*

Nothing's changed?  But why?  WHY!?

(evil laughter comes from behind)

???: Because of me, and what I'm going to do.

The master?!

The Master: That's right!  I've got it all planned ahead of me.

Impossible!  I've changed everything.  You can't change it back.  I'll stop you!   (I choke the master, and he starts regenerating)

THe Master: *laughs*  It begins!  You may have heard of a name throughout the years.  One name that keeps being repeated over and over.  It's a name that will drive you mad.  That name is.... (The master turns into a man who looks surprisingly a lot like Daniel Roebuck) 

Gene: Gene Smith!  *laughs evily*

Quote:*jumps in the TARDIS*

Let's see...

2005.  Hey, Shaq Harris.  Do me a favor and draft Aaron Rodgers instead of Matt Jones.  Rodgers will be a great QB!

2006.  Rodgers has sat a year, and instead of drafting Marcedes Lewis, Jags draft Nick Mangold at C.  

2007.  Rodgers is still sitting behind Garrard but developing.  And instead of taking Reggie Nelson, they draft Dwayne Bowe.

2008.  Rodgers is now the starting QB of the Jaguars!  That was an incredible Super Bowl! And instead of trading up for Derrick Harvey, the Jags sit at 32 and take Jordy Nelson.  We all know Rodgers to Nelson was destined!

2009.  No Super Bowl, but the Jags did make the playoffs!  That was fun to watch.  They draft at 30, and take Jairus Byrd!  

2010: Instead of taking Alualu in the Top 10, the Jags take Rob Gronkowski at 30.   Sam SHields in the 7th too.  

2011: After winning their second Super Bowl, the Jags take DeMarco Murray at RB in the 1st instead of Gabbert, and Randall Cobb in the 2nd.  Then Richard Sherman in the 3rd. 

2012:  Third super bowl, and second in a row!  Good going jags!  Dynasty talk is going all around!  Instead of taking a drunk in the 1st, they take Bobby Wagner.  And in the 3rd, they take Kirk Cousins.  Hey they can't all be good!

2013: Another trip to the AFC Championship, but no Super Bowl.  But that's okay!   Instead of Luke Joeckel, the Jags take... Travis Frederick.  

2014: And another Super Bowl for the Jaguars!  That's their fourth!  Jack Del Rio is destined for the Hall of Fame.  

*returns to 2015*

Nothing's changed?  But why?  WHY!?

(evil laughter comes from behind)

???: Because of me, and what I'm going to do.

The master?!

The Master: That's right!  I've got it all planned ahead of me.

Impossible!  I've changed everything.  You can't change it back.  I'll stop you!   (I choke the master, and he starts regenerating)

THe Master: *laughs*  It begins!  You may have heard of a name throughout the years.  One name that keeps being repeated over and over.  It's a name that will drive you mad.  That name is.... (The master turns into a man who looks surprisingly a lot like Daniel Roebuck) 

Gene: Gene Smith!  *laughs evily*

I thoroughly enjoyed this post.
I think Gus Bradley needs two more seasons to prove himself. I don't think next season should be make or break for him.
Pages: 1 2 3