Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Uh oh Dave Caldwell thinks the Jags can..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Win a superbowl with Blake Bottles at qb.. Here's the link..

https://www.google.com/amp/profootballta...tmobile-us
There is no reason to think we can't. Dave Caldwell did not say we can win Super Bowl 52. He just said "the Super Bowl." So his comments should not be interpreted that way. Blake Bortles will get healthy and fix his mechanics. He is not here for one more season. Expect him to get the fifth year option and a multi-year extension or new contract.

Best thing MJF has said in 12 decades

Quote:There is no reason to think we can't. Dave Caldwell did not say we can win Super Bowl 52. He just said "the Super Bowl." So his comments should not be interpreted that way. Blake Bortles will get healthy and fix his mechanics. He is not here for one more season. Expect him to get the fifth year option and a multi-year extension or new contract.

Negitive. Watch us make a strong push for Tyrod.
Quote:Best thing MJF has said in 12 decades

Real Jaguars fans would know that real Jaguars fans don't stick around that long.
Quote:Negitive. Watch us make a strong push for Tyrod.
How do you sure up a full, top to bottom house cleaning? Make a strong push for Tyrod Taylor.. L M A O !!!

Until we've got a clean, natural passer behind center we aren't going anywhere.

Quote:Until we've got a clean, natural passer behind center we aren't going anywhere.
If only it was that simple huh..
Well, what do you expect him to say?  "No, we can't win with Blake, but we're sticking with him anyway..."  
The dude's confident. I'll give him that. Foolhardy.... but confident. 

Doesn't have anything to do with confidence.  The job of the GM is NOT to publicly destroy a player's value to the team but beef it up.  Trade value and the player's self esteem.

Quote:Doesn't have anything to do with confidence.  The job of the GM is NOT to publicly destroy a player's value to the team but beef it up.  Trade value and the player's self esteem.

You say that. Yet, here it was about a month ago when asked about Blake's position on the team and how it would effect the head coaching process that even Blake wasn't technically safe. That he'd be open to allowing free range for the next staff to advise on the position and if they wanted to go in a different direction. 

So he went from "His job is of course not safe" to "We can totally win a Superbowl with this guy". Doesn't make a lot of sense does it? This team can't win a Superbowl with Bortles. We can barely win games with him. Since his rookie season and even his "glorious" season in 2015 the kid has been a turnover machine. 

Any head coach or general manager worth a lick would have benched him already. And don't give me that political nonsense about "Well who do you start instead?". You start the guy that's not turning the football over and making stupid decisions. That's who. You can't say this staff knew what it was doing because the head fool of it all is gone now. Clearly, they didn't know what the hell they were doing or what they may or may not have on the roster. 

Quote:Negative. Watch us make a strong push for Tyrod.

The Bills only have to restructure his contract, not cut him and start over, if they want to keep him in Buffalo. That is probably what will happen.
He definitely should have been benched at some point last season but that's not Caldwell's call to make (I don't believe).  I don't see any gain from him declaring Blake a crappy QB in the offseason.

Quote:He definitely should have been benched at some point last season but that's not Caldwell's call to make (I don't believe).  I don't see any gain from him declaring Blake a crappy QB in the offseason.

Gus Bradley should have been fired earlier last season. The last two games confirmed what I had been saying all year: it is the coaches, stupid.
Quote:Gus Bradley should have been fired earlier last season. The last two games confirmed what I had been saying all year: it is the coaches, stupid.

Why the attack at the end?
Anything is possible.

Oh, man, now I'm psyched!..........NOT !
Can't remember how old I was when I last used the good ole "Not" to end a sarcastic comment.  Truly profound expressionism.

Quote:You say that. Yet, here it was about a month ago when asked about Blake's position on the team and how it would effect the head coaching process that even Blake wasn't technically safe. That he'd be open to allowing free range for the next staff to advise on the position and if they wanted to go in a different direction. 

So he went from "His job is of course not safe" to "We can totally win a Superbowl with this guy". Doesn't make a lot of sense does it? This team can't win a Superbowl with Bortles. We can barely win games with him. Since his rookie season and even his "glorious" season in 2015 the kid has been a turnover machine. 

"No, Blake is not safe.  Yes, we can win with Blake."   Those are NOT mutually exclusive positions.    
Pages: 1 2