Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Fox News Getting Called Out for their Fear Mongering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I dislike Fox News immensely. Many of my friends swear by them, even my husband to an extent, but I pretty much loathe them.

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://imgur.com/XKyxvZN'>http://imgur.com/XKyxvZN</a>

Lol that was funny.
Why is Eric not in this thread blasting them for doing this and calling for firings and the like? 

Quote:Why is Eric not in this thread blasting them for doing this and calling for firings and the like? 

You won't find me defending them, but the idiot that made that comment isn't a Fox News Employee so it's hard to campaign to fire him.
Quote:You won't find me defending them, but the idiot that made that comment isn't a Fox News Employee so it's hard to campaign to fire him.
Fox ran with it. Multiple times. 

My point remains, in your other thread I asked you if you hold right wing media to task as well and you said yes. This is literally the same thing just with right wingers and muslims. 
Quote:Fox ran with it. Multiple times. 

My point remains, in your other thread I asked you if you hold right wing media to task as well and you said yes. This is literally the same thing just with right wingers and muslims. 

Yes they should be blasted, which they are being blasted. I'm not defending them? They look extremely stupid and it's not something new for Fox News either, I didn't see the segment wasn't it on O'Rielly's show?
Quote:Yes they should be blasted, which they are being blasted. I'm not defending them? They look extremely stupid and it's not something new for Fox News either, I didn't see the segment wasn't it on O'Rielly's show?
Fair enough

I couldn't tell you off the top of my head. I do my best to avoid MSNBC, CNN and Fox at all costs. 
Quote:Fair enough

I couldn't tell you off the top of my head. I do my best to avoid MSNBC, CNN and Fox at all costs. 

Dish had suspended Fox News for the last couple of months I think I just noticed it was on last night when I was surfing for the SOTU, I caught the end of O'Rielly and he was talking about it so I'm assuming it was on his show.
Quote:Dish had suspended Fox News for the last couple of months I think I just noticed it was on last night when I was surfing for the SOTU, I caught the end of O'Rielly and he was talking about it so I'm assuming it was on his show.
No, it wasn't on one of their many "editorial" broadcasts. They reported it as actual news. Like real life stuff that is actually happening. But of course it isn't. So they had to make some very rare on-air apologies.

Currently being sued by the mayor of Paris.
Quote:No, it wasn't on one of their many "editorial" broadcasts. They reported it as actual news. Like real life stuff that is actually happening. But of course it isn't. So they had to make some very rare on-air apologies.

I saw they where getting sued, I wonder how does that work. Is there an international court that would hear the case, or are they using a French Court, American Court?
Quote:I saw they where getting sued, I wonder how does that work. Is there an international court that would hear the case, or are they using a French Court, American Court?
I'm more interested in the legal conundrum of whether an entire city can be the victim of defamation.
Quote:I'm more interested in the legal conundrum of whether an entire city can be the victim of defamation.

Maybe through some kind of class action suit? I'm not a lawyer so it's beyond me.
Quote:No, it wasn't on one of their many "editorial" broadcasts. They reported it as actual news. Like real life stuff that is actually happening. But of course it isn't. So they had to make some very rare on-air apologies.

In addition, the apology that I am aware of was on a saturday broadcast while they blasted the lies throughout the week in primetime. I'd wager a very high percentage of fox viewers are not even aware of the retraction. The whole thing was calculated.
Quote:In addition, the apology that I am aware of was on a saturday broadcast while they blasted the lies throughout the week in primetime. I'd wager a very high percentage of fox viewers are not even aware of the retraction. The whole thing was calculated.

In fairness what retraction isn't hidden at the bottom of the last page?
Quote:In fairness what retraction isn't hidden at the bottom of the last page?

Truth
Stupid Fox News, talking about those false "No-Go" zones that NO OTHER media outlet ever ever ever talked about.

Well...except for CNN.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik...hypocrisy/

Quote:Stupid Fox News, talking about those false "No-Go" zones that NO OTHER media outlet ever ever ever talked about.

Well...except for CNN.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik...hypocrisy/
I guess that makes it ok then?

Both of these networks are a joke. The difference is most non right wingers don't try to defend the poop show that is CNN. 
Quote:I guess that makes it ok then?

Both of these networks are a joke. The difference is most non right wingers don't try to defend the poop show that is CNN. 

Clearly you don't spend much time on Lefty websites like DailyKos then.
Pages: 1 2