Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: What are your feelings on the Doug Marrone Hire?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Good hire if we get a good OC to go along with him.

I think it'll be a decent hire, but there are so many moving parts to a coaching staff. In all honesty, it's going to be difficult to single out his particular impact especially considering that an Offensive Coordinator hire is still forthcoming.

My feeling is the Jags did not have an experienced OL Coach on staff and Doug Marrone was the Best Available Coach (BAC) for the position.

This poll needs more corn.

Where's the option for "Championship?"
Quote:My feeling is the Jags did not have an experienced OL Coach on staff and Doug Marrone was the Best Available Coach (BAC) for the position.
After having a piteful Oline despite talent being present, a great OLine coach was much needed & GM Dave Caldwell hired the best one available...

in my opinion..
I like this hire and now hope we hire Gase. I'd prefer to avoid Greg Olson however. We're see what happens
Quote:After having a piteful Oline despite talent being present, a great OLine coach was much needed & GM Dave Caldwell hired the best one available...

in my opinion..
Dave doesn't hire coaches Gus Does.
Quote:Dave doesn't hire coaches Gus Does.
You're sorely mistaken if you don't think that every football hire the team makes gets a seal of approval from the GM.
I like the hire and love seeing the anger from Bills fans

Here is the thing with Greg Olsen of the Raiders,

Nobody on this staff thought that highly of Derek Carr and Greg Olsen of the Raiders made Carr look pretty good.

So the thinking is if Blake Bortles has more of a ceiling than Derek Carr then perhaps Greg Olsen can help Blake improve as a QB.

Gus KNOWS DEFENSE, and maybe a little about BBQ, but he does not KNOW SQUAT about what makes an Offense become elite.

When I was young, I was a Dolphins fan and the Dolphins had Don Shula. Shula knew Offense, but next to nothing about Defense.

The Dolphins went to back to back to back Super Bowls when Shula teamed up with Bill Arnsparger and I think that is what Gus Bradley is trying to do with the Jags offense, that is find the guy that knows Offense like he knows Defense. Together, they will make that unbeatable team.

I wonder if yarno is back in good health and was just replaced or if he is not doing well.
Where's the box for "I don't have a clue"?  Do any of us really know how he is as a coach, in the locker room, watching film, coaching the line...

From what I'm hearing from the Bills fans makes me think twice about this hire. The Bills fans keep saying how the Oline regressed from year 1 to year 2. That is really making me worry. We are already at rock bottom, anything from here on should be better for us. I hope Marrone will fix up the OL, I really do. 

Quote:Where's the box for "I don't have a clue"?  Do any of us really know how he is as a coach, in the locker room, watching film, coaching the line...
i considered it blank #2
Quote:From what I'm hearing from the Bills fans makes me think twice about this hire. The Bills fans keep saying how the Oline regressed from year 1 to year 2. That is really making me worry. We are already at rock bottom, anything from here on should be better for us. I hope Marrone will fix up the OL, I really do. 
Our OL did regress. It's hard to say whether it's mostly Marrone or the lack of talent on our OL. 

PFF thinks we regressed also:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/20...ankings-2/

Too many variables to say Maronne messed up the bills O-line. Wayyyy too many. Im willing to give him the benefit of the doubt considering his work elsewhere. Im expecting major improvement on our O-line from both Caldwell (bringing in fresh blood) and Maronne (coaching)

I like having experienced coaches on our staff, tho i'm not sure about his OL background.

Quote:I like having experienced coaches on our staff, tho i'm not sure about his OL background.
He was OL coach for the Jets in the early 2000s and had some moderate success there. I guess Sean Payton like what he saw enough to bring him to the Saints. Although he was officially the Saints OC, he actually did more with their OL. Payton really ran their offense.
Any poll without corn as an option is meaningless.

Pages: 1 2