Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Jaguars will interview ex Bills CO Nathaniel Hackett for OC opening
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
CO? The Bills Correctional Officer?
I'm starting to wonder if we should have just kept Jedd Fisch.

Eh, would not be a fan of this hire (or Greg Olson).  Really hope we don't go in either direction.  Hackett and Olson both would be underwhelming hires.  

Quote:CO? The Bills Correctional Officer?

Haha yea I saw that right after it posted.
Has Trestman signed anywhere yet? What of Roman?

Maybe he and Marrone would be a package deal.

Quote:Has Trestman signed anywhere yet? What of Roman?

Roman is in Buffalo I believe. 
Quote:Has Trestman signed anywhere yet? What of Roman?

Greg Roman is the OC for the Buffalo Bills now.
That's a drag man. At this point I have no idea who it's going to be. What about Trestman? Any word there?

I got the impression that the Buffalo media and fan base weren't thrilled with  Nathaniel Hackett.    Whether the Bills QB situation contributed to this becoming their perception is a totally different question.

Regardless, it's safe to assume that Dave Caldwell and Gus Bradley will have a more accurate gauge of Hackett's performance level than the consensus of those that follow the Bills regularly.  Not to mention,  if Hackett's coaching style fits with what the Jaguars are trying to accomplish.

Nobody can accuse them of leaving any stones unturned. 

Really hoping for Marrone or Trestman.
Quote:That's a drag man. At this point I have no idea who it's going to be. What about Trestman? Any word there?

No. Trestman is sitting at home currently waiting on the phone to ring.
Quote:I got the impression that the Buffalo media and fan base weren't thrilled with  Nathaniel Hackett.    Whether the Bills QB situation contributed to this becoming their perception is a totally different question.

Regardless, it's safe to assume that Dave Caldwell and Gus Bradley will have a more accurate gauge of Hackett's performance level than the consensus of those that follow the Bills regularly.  Not to mention,  if Hackett's coaching style fits with what the Jaguars are trying to accomplish.

Based on what Bills media is posting it's the complete opposite. They felt he was handcuffed by Marrone.
Quote:No. Trestman is sitting at home currently waiting on the phone to ring.
With as many openings as there are in the league right now, that doesn't raise any flags for folks?
Quote:Based on what Bills media is posting it's the complete opposite. They felt he was handcuffed by Marrone.
Yeah, I saw that as well. 

Still, I'd prefer they found someone with a little more of a track record.  We'll see soon enough.  They've made it clear they probably won't have a guy in place before the Senior Bowl, so I would imagine they'll be doing a lot of interviewing in Mobile. 
This interview could be more about finding out more about Marrone than it is about Hackett.
Quote:I'm starting to wonder if we should have just kept Jedd Fisch.

:down:
Now wouldn't the Senior Bowl be an absolute dynamite place to have the OC interviewees attend?

"Hey, coach snicklefritz, why don't you show us how you would package together three consecutive plays with those guys over there?"

Pages: 1 2 3