Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Jaguars will interview ex Bills CO Nathaniel Hackett for OC opening

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

CO? The Bills Correctional Officer?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I'm starting to wonder if we should have just kept Jedd Fisch.

Eh, would not be a fan of this hire (or Greg Olson).  Really hope we don't go in either direction.  Hackett and Olson both would be underwhelming hires.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:CO? The Bills Correctional Officer?

Haha yea I saw that right after it posted.

Has Trestman signed anywhere yet? What of Roman?

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Maybe he and Marrone would be a package deal.

Quote:Has Trestman signed anywhere yet? What of Roman?

Roman is in Buffalo I believe. 

Quote:Has Trestman signed anywhere yet? What of Roman?

Greg Roman is the OC for the Buffalo Bills now.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

That's a drag man. At this point I have no idea who it's going to be. What about Trestman? Any word there?

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I got the impression that the Buffalo media and fan base weren't thrilled with  Nathaniel Hackett.    Whether the Bills QB situation contributed to this becoming their perception is a totally different question.

Regardless, it's safe to assume that Dave Caldwell and Gus Bradley will have a more accurate gauge of Hackett's performance level than the consensus of those that follow the Bills regularly.  Not to mention,  if Hackett's coaching style fits with what the Jaguars are trying to accomplish.

Nobody can accuse them of leaving any stones unturned. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Really hoping for Marrone or Trestman.

Quote:That's a drag man. At this point I have no idea who it's going to be. What about Trestman? Any word there?

No. Trestman is sitting at home currently waiting on the phone to ring.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I got the impression that the Buffalo media and fan base weren't thrilled with  Nathaniel Hackett.    Whether the Bills QB situation contributed to this becoming their perception is a totally different question.

Regardless, it's safe to assume that Dave Caldwell and Gus Bradley will have a more accurate gauge of Hackett's performance level than the consensus of those that follow the Bills regularly.  Not to mention,  if Hackett's coaching style fits with what the Jaguars are trying to accomplish.

Based on what Bills media is posting it's the complete opposite. They felt he was handcuffed by Marrone.

Quote:No. Trestman is sitting at home currently waiting on the phone to ring.
With as many openings as there are in the league right now, that doesn't raise any flags for folks?

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:Based on what Bills media is posting it's the complete opposite. They felt he was handcuffed by Marrone.
Yeah, I saw that as well. 

Still, I'd prefer they found someone with a little more of a track record.  We'll see soon enough.  They've made it clear they probably won't have a guy in place before the Senior Bowl, so I would imagine they'll be doing a lot of interviewing in Mobile. 

This interview could be more about finding out more about Marrone than it is about Hackett.

Quote:I'm starting to wonder if we should have just kept Jedd Fisch.

:down:

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Now wouldn't the Senior Bowl be an absolute dynamite place to have the OC interviewees attend?

"Hey, coach snicklefritz, why don't you show us how you would package together three consecutive plays with those guys over there?"

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!