Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars request to interview Jets RB coach Anthony Lynn
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/10321/anthony-lynn

ESPN's Josina Anderson reports the Jaguars have requested permission to interview Jets RBs coach Anthony Lynn for their offensive-coordinator vacancy.
Lynn has also drawn interest from the Bills and Browns, but doesn't appear to be a leading candidate for any of the three teams. Lynn could ultimately reunite with Rex Ryan in Buffalo, but Ryan has already hired Greg Roman to coordinate his offense. Jan 13 - 3:55 PM
Who?
Quote:Who?

I never heard of him, he is drawing interest from multiple teams so that's a good thing.
He was the RB coach here in 03-04 under Del Rio.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/pl...ylFr00.htm

Best career numbers for Fred Taylor during this guy's tenure in Jax.

Jets can't run the ball can they? Idk I rather have Callahan or Linehan from Dallas or give me Dennsion from Baltimore. 

Quote:Jets can't run the ball can they? Idk I rather have Callahan or Linehan from Dallas or give me Dennsion from Baltimore. 

They couldn't pass the ball; New York was third in the league in rushing yards and tied for sixth in average.
He was also the assistant head coach for the Jets.  NY interviewed him for the head coach vacancy last week. 

no, just no... anything to do with the JETS, that SUCK...

If we are to believe his wiki, it appears he left Jax after being demoted by JDR from RB coach to ST coach.

I don't recognize the name....no thanks.  {sarcasm}

A little more than 20 years ago we heard very much the same thing about another coach hired by the Jaguars. 

Not saying this guy is some budding coaching great, but there are those folks here who base everything on name recognition.  Not always the best approach.  They also look at the coach and base an opinion on who he's working for rather than looking at the results of his coaching.  Again, not always a good idea. 

Do I think this guy winds up the OC?  No.  But, he's earned the interview based on what he's accomplished thus far in his coaching career.  We're not the only team with a spot to fill who think so. 

Quote:A little more than 20 years ago we heard very much the same thing about another coach hired by the Jaguars. 

Not saying this guy is some budding coaching great, but there are those folks here who base everything on name recognition.  Not always the best approach.  They also look at the coach and base an opinion on who he's working for rather than looking at the results of his coaching.  Again, not always a good idea. 

Do I think this guy winds up the OC?  No.  But, he's earned the interview based on what he's accomplished thus far in his coaching career.  We're not the only team with a spot to fill who think so. 
At least this guy looks like has moved up the ranks all the way to Assistant HC and even to the point of being interviewed as a HC candidate.
Quote:At least this guy looks like has moved up the ranks all the way to Assistant HC and even to the point of being interviewed as a HC candidate.
Exactly.  He's earned the recognition he's getting right now by working his way up through the ranks.  Kudos to him. 
Seems he's been making the most of his opportunities and receiving notice from several organizations.

Sounds like a Gus Bradley kind of guy.
Well put FBT.

Quote:Mic'd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQsU0iuHlNo

"They come out every day with the mission to get better."

Guys, we've found our new OC!
Another prospect that I wouldn't mind at all, However I do think their are better fits such as Wilson, Trestman (Unlikely at this point).

Good job by Gus for really digging deep here to find the right guy.

Jaguars don't care about position it seems. They generally provide input and help gameplan with OC anyway. I think they want a good leader, with sound philosophy that meshes with Gus, ability to motivate, etc etc. Many OCs come from RB/WR/TE backgrounds.  

Pages: 1 2 3