Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Prepare to have Jameis Winston in this division
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I just have a feeling that it's inevitable Winston ends up in Tennessee. If this happens, how would you feel?

lol winston is 100x a bigger reach at 2 than bortles was at 3. 

Maybe when you take his off field stuff into account. But as a pure talent he is not.

Happy with that news, will be more a turnover machine than Bortles, especially first half.
Tacks have a history with Heisman winning wonky QB's...so why not add another to the mix!
What should we do to prepare. Fall to the ground, curl up into the fetal position, feel sorry for ourselves, cry and keep repeating "meaningless win, meaningless win".

Winston is a joke. I hope you are right so we have all the options to get the best pass rusher at 3.

Overrated.

Who cares.
Vince Young 2.0? Not worried.
Quote:Maybe when you take his off field stuff into account. But as a pure talent he is not.

This past year actually hurt his stock value, imo.  He had tons of interceptions against a relatively easy schedule.....and people here were complaining about Bortles.

I think he'll turn into a relatively good qb, but the questions are still there.
Oh good. The titans can have another 3-4 years with a questionable QB. I welcome winston amongst our AFC south club
Definition of a system QB. Jimbo turns mediocre QBs into first round picks.

Quote:lol winston is 100x a bigger reach at 2 than bortles was at 3. 

Not at all. Was Cam Newton such a big reach? Seems that turned out ok for Carolina.

I think there is a pretty good chance Winston goes to Tampa.  
I hope the tacks get a good QB. I'm not in the majority but I want our division to be the most competitive in the nfl.
Quote:Vince Young 2.0? Not worried.

I think he's the next Jamarcus Russell. Playing qb in the nfl is all about the intangibles, not about physical talents. I don't see Winston as a cerebral player like Russell Wilson. I hope the Titans take him.
Jameis is really under rated. I hate FSU but he has something most other QBS don't, which is he ran a pro style offense. His transition will be really easy into the NFL, all he needs is a better environment to be in and a good coach, that being said the jags are perfect for him but we have Bortles and I like Bortles upside much better after he learns the mechanics part.

The Bucs are going to take Winston, with the Titans taking Mariota.

Looks like this is going to be the classic choose your franchise QB situation for picks #1 and #2.  One will be a top ten QB, one will be a flaming pile of bust aka Peyton Manning and Ryan Leaf or Andrew Luck and RG3.  #GetYourPopcornReady

Quote:I just have a feeling that it's inevitable Winston ends up in Tennessee. If this happens, how would you feel?

Why would it be inevitable? There have been reports the Titans don't want to draft a quarterback.
Quote:Jameis is really under rated. I hate FSU but he has something most other QBS don't, which is he ran a pro style offense. His transition will be really easy into the NFL, all he needs is a better environment to be in and a good coach, that being said the jags are perfect for him but we have Bortles and I like Bortles upside much better after he learns the mechanics part.
Great point!  Just like Manuel!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5