Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Adam Schefter: "Eagles requested GM interviews with Jacksonville's Chris Polian"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...7147381760

Interesting, not sure why he's want to go to Philly when they've given Kelly all the power.

Kelly needs someone else to boss around I guess.
Its great to have a daddy like his!

Quote:Interesting, not sure why he's want to go to Philly when they've given Kelly all the power.

Nothing in that tweet says Chris Polian wants to join the Eagles.
>_> His talents would be 100% wasted with the eagles. Hopefully he stays here or takes a GM position elsewhere that actually has power to it....

What talents? His tenure in Indy was terrible.

Quote:>_> His talents would be 100% wasted with the eagles. Hopefully he stays here or takes a GM position elsewhere that actually has power to it....

Agreed. Basically he would be relegated to doing all the hard work for Kelly.
Quote:Agreed. Basically he would be relegated to doing all the hard work for Kelly.
It's still a GM position.  For a guy who is trying to climb the ladder, any opportunity is a good opportunity. 
Quote:What talents? His tenure in Indy was terrible.

Exactly the sooner he's out of here the better i don't even like him remotely associated with our front office.
I didn't even know he worked here

I love how Polian, Gruden, Shanahan, and Kiffin all climb the ladder of success hanging on to Daddy's legacy.

Quote:It's still a GM position. For a guy who is trying to climb the ladder, any opportunity is a good opportunity.

Very true. A pay raise and a GM title is hard to turn down in his position.
Quote:Very true. A pay raise and a GM title is hard to turn down in his position.
According to the link in the OP he may not even get the GM title.

Quote:It’s unknown if the Eagles will refer to their new hire as the team’s general manager.
Quote:I love how Polian, Gruden, Shanahan, and Kiffin all climb the ladder of success hanging on to Daddy's legacy.

it seems to me that these NFL teams are always way overstaffed.  they sit in a board room and collect a pay check to play grab [BLEEP].  im jealous really.

Quote:it seems to me that these NFL teams are always way overstaffed. they sit in a board room and collect a pay check to play grab [BAD WORD REMOVED]. im jealous really.

True. I would kill for Tony's job. I'm still not convinced he actually does all that much.
Quote:True. I would kill for Tony's job. I'm still not convinced he actually does all that much.

all of the complicated stuff like writing contracts is all outsourced probably to attorneys
Pay raise, bet he takes it if it is offered, gm title or not.

NFL Front Offices are just like Corp America.  15 Executives sit in a meeting in attempt to make a decision and it ultimately comes down to 1 or 2 voices at the end of the day.  Everyone goes home, gets paid, and feels like they were part of the decision (but we all really know that 50% of the personnel are expendable)

Quote:all of the complicated stuff like writing contracts is all outsourced probably to attorneys
The guys who negotiate the deals for the team are all attorneys.  Paul Vance had one client: Wayne Weaver.  His successor who negotiates the deals now is also an attorney and employee of the team.

As far as Polian's role here in Jacksonville, he's been Caldwell's Director of Pro Player Personnel for a couple of years now.
Pages: 1 2