Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Next Move !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
After releasing Fisch which was the first move I felt this organization needed to make.Its time to start addressing the next move which is getting rid of the dead weight players on the team.And those are Cecil Shorts, Chad Henne, Marcedes Lewis, Tyson Alualu, and Paul Posluszny.I dont care if some of these players are under contract they havent produce so they should be gone! And you can add Gerhart to that list too.. Im tired of us keeping mediocre players that dont perform but get paid. They have to go! Let me correct this Paul has produce, i just feel he has gotten older and slower. And its time to give the young guys the green light.
They dont have to do anything in regards to those players if they didnt want them they can just allow them to test the free agency waters....

(With the exception of Chad Henne whom they would have to cut)  Poz will start next year.. what is with all the Poz hate?  I dont get it.

I am not sure Lewis I think has one more year under contract?? 

Forget they contracts! If you dont do your job at work you lose it. The same should apply to them. Stop falling in love wit these players who dont warrant it.
Quote:After releasing Fisch which was the first move I felt this organization needed to make.Its time to start addressing the next move which is getting rid of the dead weight players on the team.And those are Cecil Shorts, Chad Henne, Marcedes Lewis, Tyson Alualu, and Paul Posluszny.I dont care if some of these players are under contract they havent produce so they should be gone! And you can add Gerhart to that list too.. Im tired of us keeping mediocre players that dont perform but get paid. They have to go! Let me correct this Paul has produce, i just feel he has gotten older and slower. And its time to give the young guys the green light.

poz is better than you think. He had some rough games but I think he still has gas left. Tyson Alualu is a good role player (Needs a paycut tho) and worthy of a roster spot. Gerhart dealt with a ton of issues that held him back.

I agree with you on Henne, Lewis, and Shorts. Lewis and Henne have one year left on their contracts. Lewis for sure needs to be replaced. Henne is still better than alot of backups in this league.
Quote:Forget they contracts! If you dont do your job at work you lose it. The same should apply to them. Stop falling in love wit these players who dont warrant it.

Considering Caldwell expressed a desire to keep Alualu, there is the chance that (I hope you are sitting down) he is doing his job.
Quote:poz is better than you think. He had some rough games but I think he still has gas left. Tyson Alualu is a good role player (Needs a paycut tho) and worthy of a roster spot. Gerhart dealt with a ton of issues that held him back.

I agree with you on Henne, Lewis, and Shorts. Lewis and Henne have one year left on their contracts. Lewis for sure needs to be replaced. Henne is still better than alot of backups in this league.
Actually I like Poz i just like guys like Smith, and Thomas better. They much faster and athletic then Poz.
Quote:After releasing Fisch which was the first move I felt this organization needed to make.Its time to start addressing the next move which is getting rid of the dead weight players on the team.And those are Cecil Shorts, Chad Henne, Marcedes Lewis, Tyson Alualu, and Paul Posluszny.I dont care if some of these players are under contract they havent produce so they should be gone! And you can add Gerhart to that list too.. Im tired of us keeping mediocre players that dont perform but get paid. They have to go! Let me correct this Paul has produce, i just feel he has gotten older and slower. And its time to give the young guys the green light.
Of that group, Shorts and Lewis are probably replaced.  I think you're going to be sorely disappointed when the others are still here next year. 

As someone has already pointed out, Caldwell has expressed a desire to keep Alualu around, and they've made the same indications about Poz.  I don't see either player going anywhere.  

As far as Henne's concerned, I think the team would be content to keep him as well unless they can find a legitimate veteran to back up Bortles who is better than what we've got.  If he can upgrade that position, I'm sure he will, but I don't think they're actively shopping for another backup QB.  They like Henne in that role.
Quote:His draft status is completely irrelevant.
Trust me i see that! But his performance is relevant..
Quote:Of that group, Shorts and Lewis are probably replaced. I think you're going to be sorely disappointed when the others are still here next year.

As someone has already pointed out, Caldwell has expressed a desire to keep Alualu around, and they've made the same indications about Poz. I don't see either player going anywhere.

As far as Henne's concerned, I think the team would be content to keep him as well unless they can find a legitimate veteran to back up Bortles who is better than what we've got. If he can upgrade that position, I'm sure he will, but I don't think they're actively shopping for another backup QB. They like Henne in that role.
I wont be disappointed. Im use to having players who dont perform on a team. And this is the same coaching staff that surprised everybody and drafted Bortles .. wouldnt surprise me if they kept them or let them go.

We should wait until the team gets the replacements before you get rid of them.  I agree with all of those releases, once they have replacements, except the bold.  Why would you get rid of Henne?  He's a decent back up.  If Bortles were to die next season because of the O-line, I'd be comfortable with him stepping in.  Wait until the draft and FA before you say we should get rid of everyone. 

Shorts is gone, thats a no brainer.  Lewis is a bum, Alualu is a back up, Poz is decent.  I just don't know who they will get to replace these bums.  I just hope it's not new bums. LOL
Quote:I wont be disappointed. Im use to having players who dont perform on a team. And this is the same coaching staff that surprised everybody and drafted Bortles .. wouldnt surprise me if they kept them or let them go.
So, now coaching staffs draft players? 

Do you even understand how things work in the NFL?  Clearly not. 
Quote:We should wait until the team gets the replacements before you get rid of them. I agree with all of those releases, once they have replacements, except the bold. Why would you get rid of Henne? He's a decent back up. If Bortles were to die next season because of the O-line, I'd be comfortable with him stepping in. Wait until the draft and FA before you say we should get rid of everyone.

Shorts is gone, thats a no brainer. Lewis is a bum, Alualu is a back up, Poz is decent. I just don't know who they will get to replace these bums. I just hope it's not new bums. LOL
lol it dont matter who replace them they have to go just like Fisch. The jags didnt waste no time getting rid of him and didnt have a replacement in stone yet when they made that move. HENNE SUCKS I WOULD HATE TO SEE HIM PLAY ANOTHER GAME IN A JAGS UNIFORM! BACKUP OR NOT!
We should cut bait with Henne.

Quote:Trust me i see that! But his performance is relevant..
And his performance has been consistent in his role under Bradley.  He's not a starter, but he's shown solid play in his current situation.  I wouldn't break the bank for him, but you need role players like Alualu on a team. 
Quote:lol it dont matter who replace them they have to go just like Fisch. The jags didnt waste no time getting rid of him and didnt have a replacement in stone yet when they made that move. HENNE SUCKS I WOULD HATE TO SEE HIM PLAY ANOTHER GAME IN A JAGS UNIFORM! BACKUP OR NOT!
Lighten up, Francis. 
Quote:Trust me i see that! But his performance is relevant..

And you said yourself he played OK this year.

Why cut a player that played OK?
Quote:lol it dont matter who replace them they have to go just like Fisch. The jags didnt waste no time getting rid of him and didnt have a replacement in stone yet when they made that move. HENNE SUCKS I WOULD HATE TO SEE HIM PLAY ANOTHER GAME IN A JAGS UNIFORM! BACKUP OR NOT!

I agree that Henne sucks.  I don't think any disputes that.  What veteran back up would you get in his place?
Quote:I agree that Henne sucks.  I don't think any disputes that.  What veteran back up would you get in his place?
The OP was pretty clear it doesn't matter who they get.
Quote:Lighten up, Francis.
lol
Quote:The OP was pretty clear it doesn't matter who they get.

That's not a smart business move.  It's not even a smart move if you were looking for another job.  Just quit and see what MIGHT be available...
Pages: 1 2 3 4