Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: #BlackBrunchNYC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/01/...c-oakland/

This is getting way out of hand.  Protesters were disrupting what they call "white spaces" on Sunday.  They had bull horns, and they were screaming and yelling in restaurants where people were eating.  No one was arrested, and the owner just turned up the music to try and "drowned them out."  Absolutely ludicrous.  I would have called the police.

Thought this tweet was funny.

I find #BlackBrunch to be hilarious. They're targeting urban liberals, alienating potential allies.

Didn't think this through, did you?

2:04 PM - 4 Jan 2015
If you want to "stand for black lives" like you say you do, then you may also want to go to the neighborhoods where blacks are killing blacks at an alarming rate. Unless you think the only black lives that count are those lost in disputes with police officers. You're targeting the wrong audience doing it this way. Just saying.

Also go talk to Planned Parenthood...

Quote:If you want to "stand for black lives" like you say you do, then you may also want to go to the neighborhoods where blacks are killing blacks at an alarming rate. Unless you think the only black lives that count are those lost in disputes with police officers. You're targeting the wrong audience doing it this way. Just saying.

Quote:Also go talk to Planned Parenthood...
Absolutely to both of these.  SO many black deaths happen at the hands of blacks in Chicago, Detroit, etc every day.  How come they care not about this, but only the isolated incidents that involve cops.  As for as the abortion goes...my God, the number is 17 million since 1973, of Black babies.
Quote:Absolutely to both of these.  SO many black deaths happen at the hands of blacks in Chicago, Detroit, etc every day.  How come they care not about this, but only the isolated incidents that involve cops.  As for as the abortion goes...my God, the number is 17 million since 1973, of Black babies.
They don't want to admit the failure rate within their own ranks (the black community) because that means they would have to take responsibility and accept that their own people are the reason they have such horrific statistics that the white folks have nothing to do with. 
To heck with all those lunchtime breakfast eating fools!  

Yeah, pissing people off is such a great way to get them to come over to your way of thinking. 

Quote:Yeah, [BAD WORD REMOVED] people off is such a great way to get them to come over to your way of thinking. 

The right is also guilty of this, it's off subject but I cringe everytime I hear conservatives target people on welfare. I understand what they are TRYING to do but they just go about it wrong. They should attack the reasons WHY people are on welfare, not the people on welfare themselves, they're the victims. 
Quote:The right is also guilty of this, it's off subject but I cringe everytime I hear conservatives target people on welfare. I understand what they are TRYING to do but they just go about it wrong. They should attack the reasons WHY people are on welfare, not the people on welfare themselves, they're the victims.

They're victims? Uh huh...
Quote:They're victims? Uh huh...
Yes the poor overwhelmingly are victims of a political system ruled by over regulation choking out opportunity. Don't confuse that with victims needing more welfare they're victims of a system that insist they remain poor in order to control their votes.

Don't let the political elites define terms, we're all victims of an over regulated society. Those people stuck on food stamps the majority of them don't want to be but what choice is there when government constantly drives companies out of business with heavy regulations and taxes. Them of the welfare recipients start to get ahead not only do we cut off their help the government also hits them again and starts taxing them more.

The production tax system we currently use makes it 100 times more difficult for the poor to pull themselves out of poverty. Attack the reason why their in need of assistance and that reason is our tax code and government interference.
Quote:Yes the poor overwhelmingly are victims of a political system ruled by over regulation choking out opportunity. Don't confuse that with victims needing more welfare they're victims of a system that insist they remain poor in order to control their votes.

Don't let the political elites define terms, we're all victims of an over regulated society. Those people stuck on food stamps the majority of them don't want to be but what choice is there when government constantly drives companies out of business with heavy regulations and taxes. Them of the welfare recipients start to get ahead not only do we cut off their help the government also hits them again and starts taxing them more.

The production tax system we currently use makes it 100 times more difficult for the poor to pull themselves out of poverty. Attack the reason why their in need of assistance and that reason is our tax code and government interference.

Regulation cannot and is not the only problem here. Deregulating does not increase wages in fact it will lower them by not requiring a minimum wage at the types of jobs these groups of people are able to work at. That, In addition to removing or reducing the safety nets, does nothing to help people. An argument could be made that the worst off would be even worse off. 
Quote:Regulation cannot and is not the only problem here. Deregulating does not increase wages in fact it will lower them by not requiring a minimum wage at the types of jobs these groups of people are able to work at. That, In addition to removing or reducing the safety nets, does nothing to help people. An argument could be made that the worst off would be even worse off.
I'm not talking about removing safety nets I'm talking about how they are used and funded. I believe the production tax system in addition with scaled assistance kills people trying to work out of poverty.

Also regulation chokes business creating less job opportunities. Less jobs means more people not working.

Again I'm not advocating no regulation and safety nets just the way there used today it creates an underclass and keeps them there. I don't believe that's by accident.
Quote:I'm not talking about removing safety nets I'm talking about how they are used and funded. I believe the production tax system in addition with scaled assistance kills people trying to w

That very well could be the case but in addition to this you want deregulation as part of the equation. This is a non starter for many people that have zero trust that corps will ever police themselves. 
Just couldn't get out of bed early enough to make it a #BlackBreakfastNYC I guess.
Quote:That very well could be the case but in addition to this you want deregulation as part of the equation. This is a non starter for many people that have zero trust that corps will ever police themselves.

I had to edit my post my phone posted before I was done. I don't think corporations will police themselves but i believe competition of the free market would keep them from getting so big they become so powerful.
Quote:I had to edit my post my phone posted before I was done. I don't think corporations will police themselves but i believe competition of the free market would keep them from getting so big they become so powerful.
Maybe, in a vacuum but that is not the case in this day and age. Mega Corps are already so large with many others under their umbrellas. The power is already present and deregulation (in the wrong places) just makes them even more powerful. IMO, all you can do is regulate more in proper functional ways not endorsed by these corps themselves. Allowing the competition to actually flow without disruption and the stifling power of the mega corps. Along side that you need people to actually want to support local rather than getting the best bang for their buck (though I fully understand this)

You see some communities thrive even without possible changes. Portland is a great example, mom and pops and start ups every where. The community shuns the chain restaurants and the walmarts are only on the outskirts of the city proper. 
Quote:Maybe, in a vacuum but that is not the case in this day and age. Mega Corps are already so large with many others under their umbrellas. The power is already present and deregulation (in the wrong places) just makes them even more powerful. IMO, all you can do is regulate more in proper functional ways not endorsed by these corps themselves. Allowing the competition to actually flow without disruption and the stifling power of the mega corps. Along side that you need people to actually want to support local rather than getting the best bang for their buck (though I fully understand this)

You see some communities thrive even without possible changes. Portland is a great example, mom and pops and start ups every where. The community shuns the chain restaurants and the walmarts are only on the outskirts of the city proper.

Regulations often hurt the mom and pops more then anyone else. That's the problem is the big corporations use government regulations to kill competition. That's how we've ended up with these huge powerful corporations.
Quote:Regulations often hurt the mom and pops more then anyone else. That's the problem is the big corporations use government regulations to kill competition. That's how we've ended up with these huge powerful corporations.
Very true, I am all in favor of reducing and eliminating regulations that stifle small businesses while at the same time putting more in place that reign in the super powerful corporations. I think the two go hand in hand and it's not as easy to say deregulate in a broad in general way. 
Quote:Very true, I am all in favor of reducing and eliminating regulations that stifle small businesses while at the same time putting more in place that reign in the super powerful corporations. I think the two go hand in hand and it's not as easy to say deregulate in a broad in general way.

I think the best way to deal with these massive corporations is to enforce monopoly laws we've had all along.
Pages: 1 2 3