Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Best player in AFC South
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
?

QB over any position, always.

If you have a pro bowl level QB and a pro bowl level DE the QB is always the better player. And the results in games show it.

Tough to answer this question.

Better player is definitely up for grabs and I could hear an argument either way.

Most valuable? It's going to be Andrew Luck, due to the position he plays and the level at which he plays. Like Okla said above me, QB is the most important position in football, if not in all of sports.

Quote:QB over any position, always.

If you have a pro bowl level QB and a pro bowl level DE the QB is always the better player. And the results in games show it.

Also the results in win/loss records shows it.

Good/great team defense can make up for 1 great defensive player, not so much for the QB position.
Quote:Also the results in win/loss records shows it.

That's what I meant by the results in games.

When JJ Watt and a team full of other losers plays Andrew Luck and a team full of other losers Luck comes out on top.

Even if Watt is a better DE than Luck is a QB, Luck is still by far the better player for any team to have.
Better player at position:  Watt, easily.  He's body of work is something no one else is doing, and few have in history.  He's an all-time great, already.

More valuable player:  Luck.  See posts above.

Where's the easy button?

Justin Blackmon
Brandon Linder XD

Best player? JJ hands down. Most important/valuable player? Andrew. As others have said above, QB might be the most important position in all of sports. If you've got a good one, you're going to be good.. and if you dont, you'll more than likely wont.

Watt is one of the best players at his position ever.

Luck isn't even a top 5 player at his position today.

QBs are more valuable however.
Quote:QB over any position, always.

Nope. In this case there's an amendment to the rule. It's QB over any position, always, unless we're talking about JJ Watt.

When i read the title before seeing the poll the first thing I thought was 'Luck'

But then I saw Watts name on the poll, and I thought, opps forgot about him. yeah its JJ Watt. As long as he stays healthy hes going to the Hall. I wouldnt feel comfortable saying that about anyone else in the division right now (with Andre Johnson, and Luck being my next most likely for HOF, in that order). Yes Luck is more valuable, but hes not better. The poll said best, Watt truly is the best at hs position in the entire NFL
They really should do away with the league MVP because in 95% of the cases nobody but a qb will win it.

Best Player is JJ Watt, MVP Is Luck.

I was going to say something smart like "Watt is better defensively that Luck, but Luck is better offensively" but after thinking about it I feel Watt could even potentially be a better TE than Luck is a QB xD
Quote:Luck isn't even a top 5 player at his position today.

Hahhahhaaha
Quote:Hahhahhaaha

Again are you saying he is better than Romo?

We all know you are a big homer. Reggie Wayne not done?...We were all so stupid there too
Quote:Watt is one of the best players at his position ever.

Luck isn't even a top 5 player at his position today.

QBs are more valuable however.

I agree that Luck isn't top 5 yet, but that's more a testament to the level of quality at the QB position in the game currently.

Luck is a better player than Watt.

Being a big guy that rushes the passer really well and gets half his sacks against two teams with a total of five wins isn't as good as being a QB that leads the league in TD passes and carries a mediocre roster built by a bad GM to the second round of the playoffs.
Lol. Even if you think Luck is top 3 you must acknowledge Watt is a once a lifetime kind of guy...
Quote:Lol. Even if you think Luck is top 3 you must acknowledge Watt is a once a lifetime kind of guy...

Is a once in a lifetime punter better than a really good running back?

Luck is the better player. Period. He wins games for the colts against Watt and the texans.

Quote:Is a once in a lifetime punter better than a really good running back?

At his position, yes. 
Pages: 1 2 3