Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Caldwell: "We will be big-spenders in Free Agency."
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2014/12/30/...n-to-spend

It just keeps getting better.

Good.. Just don't go eagles dream team on me and im happy.

Guessing RT and TE would be the two biggest ones since those are two holes and we would be better off next year adding more vets to the offense.  Maybe FS too since that position isn't very deep in the draft.

Quote:Guessing RT and TE would be the two biggest ones since those are two holes and we would be better off next year adding more vets to the offense.  Maybe FS too since that position isn't very deep in the draft.

Only problem? There's not really a "big time" player at either position that I think will hit the market.
Brady just freed up enough space to resign McCourty, but I'm hoping that Caldwell will lure McCourty and Houston.

Quote:Brady just freed up enough space to resign McCourty, but I'm hoping that Caldwell will lure McCourty and Houston.
lol not happening. especially Houston.
Quote:Brady just freed up enough space to resign McCourty, but I'm hoping that Caldwell will lure McCourty and Houston.

They will both be franchised, at minimum. 
Cobb and J Thomas please Smile

This is a very rare free agent class. there is some talent that is getting away .. I'd like to see Houston or Rahim Moore.. If I could have Suh's talent, but leave the head in detroit, id sign him. 
Quote:Only problem? There's not really a "big time" player at either position that I think will hit the market.
Bulaga or Barksdale at RT.

Julius, Clay, or Cameron.

Any of those guys are upgrades.

Also, McCourty at FS would be nice.

Antrell Rolle, Worilds
Quote:Bulaga or Barksdale at RT.

I'd actually prefer Cameron out of the TE's. Peyton Manning will inflate stats, we saw this with Tamme and Clark among others. That being said, I think Cameron offers more, for less money, but do you really want roughy 14-18m being tied up in two TE's?
Quote:I'd actually prefer Cameron out of the TE's. Peyton Manning will inflate stats, we saw this with Tamme and Clark among others. That being said, I think Cameron offers more, for less money, but do you really want roughy 14-18m being tied up in two TE's?
No guarantee Lewis will be here.
Bulaga and Iupati on the OL. Cobb and J Thomas. McCourty. Maybe Gipson, would be an upgrade over Evans for sure.
Quote:Guessing RT and TE would be the two biggest ones since those are two holes and we would be better off next year adding more vets to the offense.  Maybe FS too since that position isn't very deep in the draft.

In walks Julius Thomas....
Good we need some good vets next year

FS, RT, LB, CB

Gipson from the Browns for FS has to be an option.

Quote:Gipson from the Browns for FS has to be an option.

I think if McCourty doesn't come here we have to take a look. He's young and pretty talented from what I've heard/seen.
Quote:"We don't have to spend big this year... but we plan to,"

So no we don't have to spend to the cap. But we will.
Quote:Bulaga or Barksdale at RT.

Also, McCourty at FS would be nice.

I highly doubt Julius makes it to free-agency. Tagging a TE is fairly cheap, and unlike Graham he doesn't have an argument for the WR tag. Cameron has major injury red flags (three concussions in 2 years). Bulaga too has injury concerns, same with Clay.

Barksdale would be a good signing though, and same with McCourty (who would be the "splash" signing that most fans would just rejoice for).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11