Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Cyprien an "unsung hero"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Quote: 

<b>Jacksonville Jaguars: Johnathan Cyprien, safety.</b> According to the Florida Times-Union, Cyprien missed just 10 tackles in 2016 after missing 21 in 2015. The four-year veteran was second on the Jaguars in tackles (127) behind only Paul Posluszny (133) and is hitting free agency after a season where he finally came into his own.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...-each-team

I feel like after every big play the Jaguars give up, Cyprien is chasing from behind.
He is strictly an inth3 box safety. Expendable.
Check out the Browns unsung hero. Name looks familiar... 

Quote:I feel like after every big play the Jaguars give up, Cyprien is chasing from behind.

Nelson did the same.

Only to go on to Pro Bowls.
Quote:Nelson did the same.

Only to go on to Pro Bowls.

It's gotta be the hair.
Cyp is alright...not great...not terrible.

If we draft Adams, it's all a mute point......
Cyp --- the dude that celebrates tackling a RB or WR after a 7 yard gain on 1st down.

Somebody please un-mute this thread...I can't hear a damn thing yall are saying.

Cyprien looks the part, but is mediocre.

Stats don't tell the whole story...

Quote:Cyprien looks the part, but is mediocre.

We said the same thing about Reggie Nelson....look how that turned out. Our fan base is too jaded by his previous years to see how good he was this year.
He's better than last year but still isn't a good safety.

Put any half decent box safety in his spot on this D and they would have the impact.
Allergic to making big plays.
I like Cyprien and would love to have him back if the scheme stays the same.

But I don't see that happening and don't see him as likely to be re-signed.
No
Hope he gets paid somewhere else
Quote:We said the same thing about Reggie Nelson....look how that turned out. Our fan base is too jaded by his previous years to see how good he was this year.

Exactly.

Our fanbase is deathly allergic to patience and draft and develop.
I think Cyp is an average SS. Nothing flashy but he will play hard and he has spent his years in jax chasing down ball carriers.

If we lose him it won't hurt us but if we keep him it is one less piece we have to fill during the offseason.

I'd like to see him retained on the cheap.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5