Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: End of Season Poll - part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Part 2 is looking forward to the offseason - free agency and the draft.

Oline

I just voted trade down since I don't know any of those players as I don't watch college ball

and CSIII

o-line

shane ray

shorts,ball,martin

oh the last one was multiple choice lol 

Quote:oh the last one was multiple choice lol 

Technically, it was multiples choice
Still no Corn? Still no Blank #2? What kind of monster are you?

Quote:Still no Corn? Still no Blank #2? What kind of monster are you?
Big Grin
I'd like Scherff after a trade down
If it were up to us... CSIII would be no more. Sick

Get a veteran safety and draft scherff let the free agents walk sign JT to a reasonable offer
Both of these polls were entertaining. Good job!

It depends on how we handle FA. Leaning toward Scherff (need). Realistically he's a better LT than Joeckel, and if that doesn't work out then he can still play RT. Scherff isn't going to get manhandled. If we're drafting BAP then Leonard. If not these two then Collins. He could play FS or SS (not sold on Cyp though haven't given up on him)
As far as I'm concerned, we are still in rebuilding mode- so every position needs to be scrutinized to see if we can upgrade. Anyone thinking we can contend next year, IMHO, is delusional. Cut the fat, and keep adding pieces. If the coaches can't develop the talent, they go too. 

We still aren't on the right track.

Quote:Part 2 is looking forward to the offseason - free agency and the draft.

I say you trade down and draft CB Ifo Ekpre-Olomu (Oregon), you dont resign any of the UFAs except maybe JT Thomas for depth if Poz gets injured again or to have him replace Geno / compete with draft pick or FA pickup.  I would sign FA LT that is proven to be good player too many misses in the draft at OT by the Jags.
Keep Alan Ball. Cornerback depth is key.

Shorts fell short. He's on the short end of the stick. He is no longer useful. He'll be cut short.

I wouldnt be upset with that Ball adds good depth but wouldnt rather the Jaguars pick up a better starter via the draft or Free Agency.

Quote:Shorts fell short. He's on the short end of the stick. He is no longer useful. He'll be cut short.
The Oline was bad, and Cecil Shorts III fought off injuries like the other WRs this season.  He had a few great plays/ catches (like the endzone slant Touchdown on a fake spike by Bortles), but he doesnt seem to get the seperation he did two years ago.
Quote:Shorts fell short. He's on the short end of the stick. He is no longer useful. He'll be cut short.
LOL.
I'll address the first two questions combined.

On Offense

O line - Free agents and/or draft for depth/talent.

RB - Again, look for depth.

TE - Not so much free agency, maybe draft for depth/talent.

On Defense

D line - Free agents and/or draft for depth/talent.

LB - The same, either free agency or draft for depth/talent.

Safety/CB - Draft

Special Teams

Mainly drafted/depth players from above.  I am satisfied at the moment with the current kicker and punter.

Regarding the Draft

I'm a firm believer of BPA.  If there is somebody at #3 that the team is targeting, make sure that the player can be an immediate impact type of player.  If not and a trade down is offered for more picks, do it and draft for depth/development/special teams type players.

Regarding the UFA's currently on the roster.

The only one that stands out to me right now would be Cecil Shorts.  I don't see him getting re-signed unless it is a very good deal for the team.  Even then, I think that the youth and the current crop will trump that.

The only way that I see any of the others signed to new deals would be for depth.  Cases could be made for Alan Ball, Geno Hayes and JT Thomas.

I'm still not sure about Sherrod Martin.  Perhaps he might be a depth/insurance/special teams guy, but I see him being replaced by a drafted rookie.

Pages: 1 2