Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Cecil Shorts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What happened to this guy? He was supposed to be our vet reciever and a reliable target for Bortles.
Too many hamstring injuries...

Too many drops...

As a few people like to say, "He gone!"

Cut him.  You should turn this into a poll.  The Jags should not resign this guy.

In fairness to him, a lot of those throws were not very good to him. However, he is just so inconsistent and all of his 'ra ra' talk  and his overall jerky demeanor during interviews just unwarranted. 

He is just an average receiver that is not going to be back on the squad. He is a jerk too (i really want to emphasis that, because he doesn't have any reason to be, he's never done anything amazing).

Sign a Veteran or Freee Blackmon 

Had a few concussions too. Definitely cost himself some money this year.
Complete BUM!  Kills drives by dropping key passes on 3rd down.  He also thinks Chad Henne is a great QB, cut him tonight, please!

Freedom is up to Blackmon. He must apply for reinstatement. The fact that he hasn't tells me he is not interested in playing football anymore.

I was thinking the same thing watching him tonight.  He is a shell of himself from 2 seasons ago, when it looked like he could break out and be a star.  Now he's just a guy.  Bummer but we don't need him, we've got a very promising WR Corps going forward, and quite possibly a QB.  Lets put together a line and see what this offense can do next year.  Can't wait to see Blake after another offseason too.

Is he actually able to apply and get it reversed. I think he knows after doing rehab he needs to do a bit more with the way the league has been lately. Get that community service in and come back.

I say bring him back on a 1 year deal and let him compete in training camp. He's a decent 4-6 wr.
Quote:Freedom is up to Blackmon. He must apply for reinstatement. The fact that he hasn't tells me he is not interested in playing football anymore.

Everything I'm hearing, that's probably not true. How would we know when he did or didn't apply? He's attending Jaguar games, going through rehab, reports saying he's coming back, and he's running out of money. I'd bet he applies soon or just in general. There's no rush.
He always benefited from garbage time, and from being the best option on a team with none. 

My Desired Display Name, you should go back to the American Horror Story clown avatar, that one was awesome.  Or have Dandy Mott with the mask on, lol.

Quote:I say bring him back on a 1 year deal and let him compete in training camp. He's a decent 4-6 wr.
I think at this point i'd prefer to just cut bait.  May has well give a youngster another shot, maybe we end up with another Hurns.
Link to the reports saying Blackmon is coming back?

He should convert to cornerback.

Quote:He should convert to cornerback.
Purple haze must be good!
Quote:Everything I'm hearing, that's probably not true. How would we know when he did or didn't apply? He's attending Jaguar games, going through rehab, reports saying he's coming back, and he's running out of money. I'd bet he applies soon or just in general. There's no rush.

Suspended players are not allowed to go to games.
Quote:My Desired Display Name, you should go back to the American Horror Story clown avatar, that one was awesome.  Or have Dandy Mott with the mask on, lol.

Yeah I like Dandy with the kids mask, just wanted to get in the christmas spirit. Was looking for a pervy santa but this is the only one I could find that wasn't explicit. 
Watching American Horror story freak show right now
Pages: 1 2