Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: We are seeing Marquise Lee develop before our very eyes.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Last few weeks since Robinson went down, Lee has stepped up to make good plays. Even more important, Hes making plays even when he isn't touching the ball. He took on two blocks at once during a running play tonight (Tenn game) to give Gerhart a few extra yards. During Todman's 62 yard run, He ran right with them making sure he got into the end zone.

If Lee can gain consistency, We ditch Shorts, Sign a veteran WR. I think we won't have to worry about the WR corps for awhile.
I feel blessed... It's like watching your newborn taking their first baby steps...

I need a kleenex.

Shorts is as good as gone.
He knows the playbook now
Yeah I loved shorts but he seems like unless he is wide open, as in now one within 7yards he drops the ball like he did in his rookie season

Quote:Yeah I loved shorts but he seems like unless he is wide open, as in now one within 7yards he drops the ball like he did in his rookie season

I think he shouldn't be resigned but I do believe its worth noting they are using him completely different (wrong) than they did in his 2nd year which was his best. Contested catches for 5-10 yards isn't shorts' forte. Its making double moves and getting open 20 yards out in the middle of the field.
Lee is going to be a good one.

Kid is definitely a story of character and persistence.

Quote:Shorts is as good as gone.

Thank God...Lee is our big play reciever. Just wait until Blackmon comes back...OMG
That is true, I was listening to a pre-game this year and they were saying how they were hoping Robinson/Blackmon would develop as a True outside WR so that they could move Shorts back to the inside where he's a Victor Cruz type WR.  Isn't the greatest getting off the line, but can torch the nickel/LB which would cover him and is better in motion sets.  If we keep him and this is what we do with him next year than I'm All for it.

If Blackmon comes back and A Robinson is healthy and improves upon what he showed us this year I can't see shorts not being back in the slot where he's best.

Quote:That is true, I was listening to a pre-game this year and they were saying how they were hoping Robinson/Blackmon would develop as a True outside WR so that they could move Shorts back to the inside where he's a Victor Cruz type WR. Isn't the greatest getting off the line, but can torch the nickel/LB which would cover him and is better in motion sets. If we keep him and this is what we do with him next year than I'm All for it.

If Blackmon comes back and A Robinson is healthy and improves upon what he showed us this year I can't see shorts not being back in the slot where he's best.

Shorts is a bum. I'm sorry, but he needs to go.
It's nice to see young, competent receivers on this team for a change.
It's funny how people were calling him a bust just a few weeks ago.  Young players need time to develop.  People thought he was a great pick for a reason.  With Lee coming on and Hurns making plays, and then add in Robinson coming back next year and maybe even imagine Blackmon (hopefully!) coming back...that's a receiving corps that's going to give defensive coordinators nightmares over the next few years.

Maybe all this Amari Cooper non-sense will end now that we see that Allen Robinson, Marqise Lee, and Hurns are the guys going forward. Justin Blackmon, too.

Quote:Maybe all this Amari Cooper non-sense will end now that we see that Allen Robinson, Marqise Lee, and Hurns are the guys going forward. Justin Blackmon, too.

Nah...people will just envision 5 WR sets with Robinson, Hurns, Lee, Blackmon and Cooper.

Gotta admit though, that's a pretty intimidating looking 5 wide set.
Quote:Nah...people will just envision 5 WR sets with Robinson, Hurns, Lee, Blackmon and Cooper.

Gotta admit though, that's a pretty intimidating looking 5 wide set.

Yeah, I figured. Cooper will be a pro-bowler in his career, but he isn't what we need to be good. Everyone will imagine five receiver sets all they want but will still need to protect Bortles. Protect the QB or affect him. That's the game.

First time in NFL History that two rookie receivers have at least 48 catches in a year, and Marqise Lee needs 86 yards to be our 3rd 500 yard rookie receiver. What should we do? Draft a receiver top 5... On a 3-12 team...

EDIT: Btw, Bizarro, I'm not directing my passion at you. I just think it's crazy that people still want Cooper.

If Lee didnt miss time he may have been at 48 also

Quote:It's funny how people were calling him a bust just a few weeks ago. Young players need time to develop. People thought he was a great pick for a reason. With Lee coming on and Hurns making plays, and then add in Robinson coming back next year and maybe even imagine Blackmon (hopefully!) coming back...that's a receiving corps that's going to give defensive coordinators nightmares over the next few years.

Who exactly was calling him a bust "a few weeks ago"? I'm pretty sure no one had mentioned bust and Lee in the same sentence since the pre-season... we all know who...

I think you are making up a straw man in order to make yourself look wise...
Quote:Maybe all this Amari Cooper non-sense will end now that we see that Allen Robinson, Marqise Lee, and Hurns are the guys going forward. Justin Blackmon, too.

Drafting Amari Cooper and "non-sense" shouldn't be in the same sentence.  I'd still take him.  How did the Lions get Calvin Johnson?  They kept taking WR's.
Quote:Drafting Amari Cooper and "non-sense" shouldn't be in the same sentence.  I'd still take him.  How did the Lions get Calvin Johnson?  They kept taking WR's.
I don't think it's nonsense because he's a WR and the arrow is pointing straight up for us in that department, I think it's nonsense because there are better players that will likely be available at our pick.  Cooper is good but he's not Calvin Johnson.  And the Lions got him because they sucked and got lucky that Oakland took JaMarcus.
Lee plays with a little attitude too.  I really like that.

Pages: 1 2 3