Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Anyone ever meet up with posters on here?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Just wondering is all? Any of you ever meet up to just hangout or watch Jags with other posters? How'd it go? I bet some good friends could be made but I also bet there is definitely a weird factor.

This is what happens when I'm up late and bored!
I've met a few people a couple times before games and it's always been great.  I think people tend to have more in common then you'd think sometimes reading the exchanges on the forum.  Tongue

Yes.
I've met several people from the board. It usually results in heavy drinking and fist-fights with multiple people being incarcerated.

So yeah, it's usually great.
Quote:I've met a few people a couple times before games and it's always been great.  I think people tend to have more in common then you'd think sometimes reading the exchanges on the forum.  Tongue

That's what I would have guessed. Arguing on this board turns a lot of us into complete [BLEEP] for some reason.
Quote:I've met several people from the board. It usually results in heavy drinking and fist-fights with multiple people being incarcerated.

So yeah, it's usually great.

Yikes
Met up with one that last time I was in Jax, had a beer, watched a Pre season game and had some fun

I'd like to but as far as I know I've never meet up with someone. There's been a couple of times I talked to people and thought maybe they post on here?

I always ask folks that I meet tailgating and at other Jags functions and have yet to even run into someone that knows the message board exists. I have asked many folks over the years. The MB obviously represents a very small portion of the fan base.

Quote:I always ask folks that I meet tailgating and at other Jags functions and have yet to even run into someone that knows the message board exists. I have asked many folks over the years. The MB obviously represents a very small portion of the fan base.

Either that...or no one wants to admit that they are that jerk on the mb that everyone hates! :thumbsup:
Quote:Either that...or no one wants to admit that they are that jerk on the mb that everyone hates! :thumbsup:

Ya, you know a certain someone would never say, "yeah, I'm TMD". Course he doesn't go to the games.
Quote:Either that...or no one wants to admit that they are that jerk on the mb that everyone hates! :thumbsup:
I have met a few that sounded very familiar. There is a dude that sits a couple of rows up from me that sounds like a few here.
I wonder if someone did a BBQ at a park or something how many people would show up?

Quote:I wonder if someone did a BBQ at a park or something how many people would show up?

It would be interesting to see. I think most people like the anonymity of being able to say what they want without worrying about looking bad to their "friend".
Oddly enough, I ran into a poster way up here in RVA. And the guy picked me out and asked "Aren't you Deacon?" Kinda floored me to be honest.

But then we shared Irish Car Bombs while watching the game so it was cool after that.

Quote:Oddly enough, I ran into a poster way up here in RVA. And the guy picked me out and asked "Aren't you Deacon?" Kinda floored me to be honest.

But then we shared Irish Car Bombs while watching the game so it was cool after that.

I hope the poster wasn't on a wall. I'll bet that woulda hurt.

So you gonna come by and fight and get tossed in jail on Thursday? It's soooooo much fun.
Quote:Oddly enough, I ran into a poster way up here in RVA. And the guy picked me out and asked "Aren't you Deacon?" Kinda floored me to be honest.

You did used to have your picture on your profile...not exactly xfiles material here! :thumbsup:
I can't remember who, but one poster said he would meet me at my seat before my first game (2011 season closer against the Colts). He was waiting for me when I got there. I wish I showed him my sign thanking the Weavers 

I'm saving up to buy a commercial size smoker, If i get one I'll have invite everyone to a park or something

Quote:You did used to have your picture on your profile...not exactly xfiles material here! :thumbsup:

I did? I don't ever remember doing that...

Then again, I drink a lot.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10