Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars, Roy Miller close to an extension.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran'>Ryan O'Halloran ‏@<b>ryanohalloran</b> </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status/544899528223367168' title="11:59 AM - 16 Dec 2014">1m1 minute ago</a>

<p class=""><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/jaguars?src=hash'>#<b>jaguars</b></a> close to long-term extension with DT Roy Miller per source.

I would think this to be a solid move. He has played well.

Next up

[Image: hi-res-606f53f202be1732b522834ab1dff858_...h=420&q=75]

Quote:Next up

God I hope not.  MLB play has been better since he's been out.

Why would the Jaguars extend Poz?

he has two years left on his deal.
You sure he didn't mean Red Bryant?

Quote:Why would the Jaguars extend Poz?

to keep him here until 2044
Quote:to keep him here until 2044

Sounds resonable.
Not too surprising. Seems to be a good fit in that one technique role. Wouldn't mind seeing Alan Ball get a reasonable extenstion for another year or two. Beyond that, nobody worth re-signing.

Sick  At the thought of Ball for a few years... we need real talent at CB I would hope that they do that in this years draft if not a OT.

Quote:Why would the Jaguars extend Poz?

If we restructure his remaining 2 years w/ an extention I wouldn't be opposed.
Quote: Sick  At the thought of Ball for a few years... we need real talent at CB I would hope that they do that in this years draft if not a OT.

DMC and Aaron Colvin are the likely opening day starters at CB next season, both have shown the ability to completely take their man out of the game, I'm not sure why you worried.
Quote:If we restructure his remaining 2 years w/ an extention I wouldn't be opposed.

The Jaguars are in the middle of a youth movement, it'd be illogical to restructure Poz's deal as he's going into his age 31 season next year, I expect Jeremiah George or a rookie to be the opening day mike linebacker next year,
Quote:The Jaguars are in the middle of a youth movement, it'd be illogical to restructure Poz's deal as he's going into his age 31 season next year, I expect Jeremiah George or a rookie to be the opening day mike linebacker next year,

I think he's saying that his deal would be restructured for the jaguars advantage, not additional years or money.

I'm cool with extending Miller. I'm sure the terms will be reasonable, he's still relatively young, and he plays a position and fills a role where a player can be effective well into their 30's.
Good move, Miller has been flying under the radar playing very well
Quote: Sick  At the thought of Ball for a few years... we need real talent at CB I would hope that they do that in this years draft if not a OT.

Ball has played well in his time here. You may have him confused with Will Blackmon, who was terrible this year.
Yeah, Colvin and McCray as the starting CBs for this team is just a horrible idea, isn't it?  We're completely void of real talent at CB. 

Miller signing an extension is a good thing.  He loves it here, and wants to finish his career as a Jaguar.  He's still young, and has a lot of football left in him.  He's having a solid year after playing with basically 1 arm all of last season.  Good news that they're working on a deal.

Quote:I think he's saying that his deal would be restructured for the jaguars advantage, not additional years or money.

Understood, I simply see the Jaguars getting younger and more athletic at that position.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7