Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Back again and see the Same Posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Week after week

(1)sacks

(2) OL

(3)Fisch

(4)Bortles

(5) Half Time adjustment By GUS

(6) Safety terrible angles and cannot tackle

Coaching pulled this off and I cannot say I could find a worse way to build a team.

4 Rookies on the line and one Beadles(look at the games from last year. They are all rookies except Beadles)

This was by far the stupidest decision in sports history to draft a rookie QB and then protect him with a bunch of kids.

They are not playing flag football. Just think they went in this way knowing they would get blasted every game.

LIKE OH WELL

There is no reason to call Luke Joeckel a rookie. He started five games last year - nine if you count the preseason. So what if he played right tackle? That has nothing to do with how many years he has been on a professional team. Neither does the ankle injury. So we have only three rookies on the offensive line now - and before Austin Pasztor got hurt, there were just two.

Quote:There is no reason to call Luke Joeckel a rookie. He started five games last year - nine if you count the preseason. So what if he played right tackle? That has nothing to do with how many years he has been on a professional team. Neither does the ankle injury. So we have only three rookies on the offensive line now - and before Austin Pasztor got hurt, there were just two.

It's unfortunate that Joekel is playing like a rookie as a 2nd year player. I hold out hope because of his specific situation and being hurt last year,though.
This is gonna sound bad, and stick with me, stick with me, but I'm actually going to say Gene Smith.... wait wait wait dont run. All I want to say is that I wish we could draft with a little of Gene Smith's idea of big urglies first then skill later this year.... just, you know... umm with the skill of a good scout and good players.
When you look at our performance against the AFC North we were very competitive.  Hooray that can only get us so far but it is something.  For whatever reason we have not played very well in the division or against the NFC.

Quote: 

This was by far the stupidest decision in sports history to draft a rookie QB and then protect him with a bunch of kids.

Stupider than drafting Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan?

Dang.
Stupidest Decisions in Sports History

1) Drafting Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan and Hakeem Olajuwon

2) Hershell Walker trade

3) Erik Lindros trade

4)The Gene Smith 2010 draft

Quote:Stupidest Decisions in Sports History

I totally forgot about The Dream being in the same draft as Jordan...that's just brutal. 

2) Hershell Walker trade

3) Erik Lindros trade

Olajuwon was the first pick.

You might be thinking of Barkley.

Also, 1989 NFL Draft. Packers take Tony Mandarich over Barry Sanders, Deion Sanders and Derrick Thomas.

2) Hershell Walker trade

3) Erik Lindros trade

Ah Oden over Durant belongs in there somewhere.
Quote:Week after week

(1)sacks

(2) OL

(3)Fisch

(4)Bortles

Coaching pulled this off and I cannot say I could find a worse way to build a team.

4 Rookies on the line and one Beadles(look at the games from last year. They are all rookies except Beadles)

They are not playing flag football. Just think they went in this way knowing they would get blasted every game.

LIKE OH WELL

So... nothing new then?  Carry on I guess
Quote:There is no reason to call Luke Joeckel a rookie. He started five games last year - nine if you count the preseason. So what if he played right tackle? That has nothing to do with how many years he has been on a professional team. Neither does the ankle injury. So we have only three rookies on the offensive line now - and before Austin Pasztor got hurt, there were just two.
He's a bust. Top 10 drafted O-lineman are supposed to be plug and play from day 1. 

Man, no grey area with you is there?  He started 4 games at RT last year, and one at LT.  RT and LT are two different positions.  RT deals mostly with power guys setting edges for run containment which means they have to have more strength to deal with bigger guys.  LT's are the athletic guys with fast feet who go against the passrushers.  

As far as a literal sense, no he's not a rookie.  As far as experience, he is a rookie.  You can think what you want, but when coaches look at a guy like Joeckel, they see a guy who is basically a rookie who is still developing.  

I'm not defending his play because he hasn't played up to expectations.  But he couldn't really do what he needed to do last offseason because of his ankle injury.  He needs to add muscle to his frame.  Boselli talked a couple of weeks ago about how Luke would probably be much better if he could add 15 lbs of muscle to his frame, which could be done in an offseason if he commits to the weight gain.

Sorry to point it out to you, but it's not all black/white.  There are grey areas all over the field.

And it's these types of responses from you that made me block you.  And no, they don't count the preseason.  Nobody does.

(1)sacks

(2) OL

(3)Fisch

(4)Bortles

LIKE OH WELL

The idea wasn't to start rookies on the OL. Linder beat out McClendon. The attempt to sign Mack failed and Brewster did not develop as hoped. Pasztor has been injured twice and Bradfield declined badly. And Joeckel is not a rookie.

A worse decision was to have inexperienced coaches coaching inexperienced players.

Quote:The idea wasn't to start rookies on the OL. Linder beat out McClendon. The attempt to sign Mack failed and Brewster did not develop as hoped. Pasztor has been injured twice and Bradfield declined badly. And Joeckel is not a rookie.

A worse decision was to have inexperienced coaches coaching inexperienced players.

Were they supposed to know Yarno would get cancer?

(1)sacks

(2) OL

(3)Fisch

(4)Bortles

LIKE OH WELL

This is why I come to this board, especially after a loss.

Oh, the drama! Oh, the hyperbole! Oh, the suicidal thoughts!

Add in Jeremy and P. Haze and a handful of others and it's better than Comedy Central.
Blaine Gabbert over JJ Watt would like to nominate himself to the list of Worst Decisions ever made in Sports
Quote:Were they supposed to know Yarno would get cancer?

When the accountant goes on medical leave do you hire a new accountant, or let the office boy handle the books?

Quote:When the accountant goes on medical leave do you hire a new accountant, or let the office boy handle the books?

He left the team in the summer. Not exactly prime time to add a coach. The team did not have many options so they put his assistant into the role on an interim basis. What would you have suggested?
Quote:Man, no grey area with you is there?  He started 4 games at RT last year, and one at LT.  RT and LT are two different positions.  RT deals mostly with power guys setting edges for run containment which means they have to have more strength to deal with bigger guys.  LT's are the athletic guys with fast feet who go against the passrushers.  

As far as a literal sense, no he's not a rookie.  As far as experience, he is a rookie.  You can think what you want, but when coaches look at a guy like Joeckel, they see a guy who is basically a rookie who is still developing.  

I'm not defending his play because he hasn't played up to expectations.  But he couldn't really do what he needed to do last offseason because of his ankle injury.  He needs to add muscle to his frame.  Boselli talked a couple of weeks ago about how Luke would probably be much better if he could add 15 lbs of muscle to his frame, which could be done in an offseason if he commits to the weight gain.

Sorry to point it out to you, but it's not all black/white.  There are grey areas all over the field.

And it's these types of responses from you that made me block you.  And no, they don't count the preseason.  Nobody does.
Better that you typed it out than me.  I notice a lot of posts by that poster don't seem to make sense so they may have a learning disability (no offense to them).  Your point is very valid and switching from RT to LT isn't just a one day learning curve.  Regardless, his rookie season was almost a wash since he got hurt early on and didn't have an offseason either really.
Pages: 1 2