Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Colts Playoffs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Colts should make it in, but I don't think very many Colts fans believe they actually can make it into the AFC Championship game, yet alone the SB. .... I think most Colts fans are realist, and just winning a game or two would be about as much as most of us realistically could hope for.

Most of us just hope our Colts can play respectable to good.  Are we hoping for too much?

A better O-Line sure would help ... maybe next year.

Depends how far Roger G wants you guys to go. Refs will ref accordingly.
Honestly, here is what I think.

The Colts will make it in, that's a given.  I haven't looked lately, but I think that they pretty much have the AFC South title at this point.  The Texans might still be in it mathematically, but I don't see it happening.

Getting to the AFC Championship, that's a tough task at this point.  As it stands right now, the Colts would have to be able to beat the Bengals and the winner of Chargers vs. Steelers.  The Colts could lose any one of those games.

When getting to the championship round, we must assume that one of the top two seeds will be there (Denver and NE).  I just don't see the Colts beating any of those two teams for the title.  Of course, these last few weeks could change things.

As much as I hate to say it, the Colts have done well, but I also believe that part of their success is playing in a weak division.

We're definitely going to make it in, I think we'll win the wildcard no matter who we go against. Especially if it's CIN, BAL, or KC.

I have a hard time seeing us get by the divisional round (Pats/Broncos). I hope we play the Broncos as I think that's our better shot at it, but either way it's going to be tough.

Who knows though. Once upon a time a bad Giants team won the Super Bowl (twice!) and the Ravens with Joe Flacco won it. As long as you get in, you've got a chance.

Quote:We're definitely going to make it in, I think we'll win the wildcard no matter who we go against. Especially if it's CIN, BAL, or KC.

I have a hard time seeing us get by the divisional round (Pats/Broncos). I hope we play the Broncos as I think that's our better shot at it, but either way it's going to be tough.

Who knows though. Once upon a time a bad Giants team won the Super Bowl (twice!) and the Ravens with Joe Flacco won it. As long as you get in, you've got a chance.

All true, but I think the Colts on the road will need a lot of help.

At home, they can out-score a number of teams. But if/when they leave Indy I don't think they have the running game/defense to get far.

But, as you say, you never know. (Cue Chris Berman: "That's why they play the game.")

(Must be nice to worry about how far and not if you'll get in the playoffs.)
Luck is good enough, but the nonexistant rungame with a suspect defense is not a good recipe. I don't expect them to advance unless they face the most anticlutch team in the league aka the Bengals
If they lose and Luck turns it over in the first round do the Matt Ryan comments start?
Quote:If they lose and Luck turns it over in the first round do the Matt Ryan comments start?

Uhh... Has Luck led the Colts to two seasons in a row below .500 (obviously I'm assuming the Falcons will lose 1 more game this year)?

NFL.com posted playoff scenarios for this weekend. It is simply "you win, you're in" for the Colts, Broncos, and Patriots. Unlike the Broncos and Patriots, however, the Colts have no chance of clinching a first round bye.

Quote:NFL.com posted playoff scenarios for this weekend. It is simply "you win, you're in" for the Colts, Broncos, and Patriots. Unlike the Broncos and Patriots, however, the Colts have no chance of clinching a first round bye.

The clots would have to win out and either the Patriots or Broncos would have to lose 2 out of the last 3 regular season games and the clots would indeed end up with a bye in the playoffs.  But the odds do seem slim enough to call that "no chance" I suppose.
Quote:If they lose and Luck turns it over in the first round do the Matt Ryan comments start?

Or maybe the same colts fans who justify getting rid of manning because he didn't have success in the playoffs will have another tune to sing.

I would go with the Matt Ryan comments before the Blake Bortles comments. 

Bortles turnovers keep you out of the playoffs.  Tongue
They have about a 75% chance of winning a wildcard playoff game at Lucas.

5% chance of beating the Broncos or Pats.

To get to the SB you have to beat the Pats and Broncos on the road.  Ouch!

Quote:To get to the SB you have to beat the Pats and Broncos on the road.  Ouch!

I just hope the Colts make it far enough to play either the Broncos, or Patriots. Me personally, I would rather the Colts get to play the Pats first in that scenario.
It's a quarterback driven league. They will go far if Luck takes the next step and wins the duels in Denver and New England when it matters.
Quote:I would go with the Matt Ryan comments before the Blake Bortles comments. 

Bortles turnovers keep you out of the playoffs.

Having the NFL's second-youngest roster is keeping us out of the playoffs. It is a "must get worse before it gets better" situation in Jacksonville.

Quote:They have about a 75% chance of winning a wildcard playoff game at Lucas.

5% chance of beating the Broncos or Pats.

I would say less than five percent chance. You're talking about going to Foxboro or Denver. Both teams are undefeated at home.
The colts chances have a huge amount to do with Reggie Wayne, if I can pick up his play and get hot in the playoffs then you have a much much better chance than you do now, if he carries on as he is.

I think you're best chance would probably be Pats first, though it would definitely be the harder game, if the Pats get to the Champ game I cannot see Brady choking and see them going all the way.
Anything can happen in the playoffs. With Andrew Luck I'd bet on the colts more often then against.

Honestly it's all about the match-ups. If Manning is really banged up the Broncos are beatable. Who knows with the Patriots, I think the Colts are better then whatever AFC North teams end up in the playoffs.

Quote:Anything can happen in the playoffs. With Andrew Luck I'd bet on the colts more often then against.

Honestly it's all about the match-ups. If Manning is really banged up the Broncos are beatable. Who knows with the Patriots, I think the Colts are better then whatever AFC North teams end up in the playoffs.

Manning will be fine. He came back into the game. The only team that I can see beating the Broncos is one of the few that did: the Patriots.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10