Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Highlight from the Jaguars vs. Texans game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: foster.gif]

...Too soon Jags?
Ah the great trolling of a 2-11 team, don't hurt yourself on that reach around.

Evans almost as useless as Clowney
Man, you're so cool. Enjoy your victory over a 2-11 team. I can't wait to watch you guys enter the Jaguar zone--barely missing the playoffs and never drafting high enough to nab blue chip players. Enjoy!
  Ya gotta admit that was a pretty sweet stiff arm. Regardless of your teams record.

Quote:  Ya gotta admit that was a pretty sweet stiff arm. Regardless of your teams record.

It's too bad he didn't include the uncalled block in the back at the line of scrimmage against Cyprien that allowed foster to make it to Evans.
does anyone have the highlight reel where the turf took down clowney?

[Image: lskajjrjqiejcpsl14lm.gif]

......Too soon tinhorns fans?

Quote: [Image: lskajjrjqiejcpsl14lm.gif]

......Too soon tinhorns fans?

I still can't believe that drew a flag.

When the NFL has a team scheduled for a win, they really make sure it happens, it would seem.
Quote:I still can't believe that drew a flag.

When the NFL has a team scheduled for a win, they really make sure it happens, it would seem.
I don't buy your second line but I definitely don't think there should have been a flag there. It is still football? Right?
Quote:I don't buy your second line but I definitely don't think there should have been a flag there. It is still football? Right?

The Refereeing was absolutely terrible from my recollection, but the play in particular should never have drawn a flag.

I'd like to see the rules for helmet to helmet hits amended to include only plays in which the offensive player has their head up and aren't ducking in the manner that Johnson was on this play.

Protecting guys from getting destroyed by a helmet to helmet hit when they're stretched out is one thing, throwing a flag because a guy delivering a pretty mild hit happens to contact other guy's helmet due to the positioning that the offensive player chooses to take shouldn't happen.

Also is anyone else concerned that such a light hit had Johnson unconscious? Has he had multiple prior concussions?
Quote:The Refereeing was absolutely terrible from my recollection, but the play in particular should never have drawn a flag.

I'd like to see the rules for helmet to helmet hits amended to include only plays in which the offensive player has their head up and aren't ducking in the manner that Johnson was on this play.

Protecting guys from getting destroyed by a helmet to helmet hit when they're stretched out is one thing, throwing a flag because a guy delivering a pretty mild hit happens to contact other guy's helmet due to the positioning that the offensive player chooses to take shouldn't happen.

Also is anyone else concerned that such a light hit had Johnson unconscious? Has he had multiple prior concussions?

Where have you been the last five years? It was helmet to helmet. Period. Penalty.

And I love that "pretty mild hit". Yeah, it's always mild when it happens to someone else.

Did you not notice that Johnson got a concussion? Did you see him return? Are you saying you'd be ok if the same type hit was made against Bortles or Lee?
Quote:Where have you been the last five years? It was helmet to helmet. Period. Penalty.

And I love that "pretty mild hit". Yeah, it's always mild when it happens to someone else.

Did you not notice that Johnson got a concussion? Did you see him return? Are you saying you'd be ok if the same type hit was made against Bortles or Lee?

Peevish as ever I see.

You seem a bit sensitive on the subject, and given you seemingly endless well of irritation should I take it that you seem so personally invested in this issue because you're a sufferer of multiple traumatic head injuries?

http://calder.med.miami.edu/pointis/tbip...sych1.html
I could care less who would have won that game (if anything I'd be rooting for the Jags) and that is definitely a flag. It was helmet to helmet. End of story. Flag.

Whether you want to argue if that should be a rule or not is a whole other issue, but you can't argue that it's against the rules.
Quote:I could care less who would have won that game (if anything I'd be rooting for the Jags) and that is definitely a flag. It was helmet to helmet. End of story. Flag.

Whether you want to argue if that should be a rule or not is a whole other issue, but you can't argue that it's against the rules.

If it weren't for the complete inconsistency with which the rule is enforced I'd understand it being flagged. However, I've seen many times that Jaguars players, the QB especially, are hit with that level of helmet contact with no flag thrown.

Still I'd rather see the rule amended. When an offensive player curls up and has their head ducked they don't get a flag.
Quote:Peevish as ever I see.

You seem a bit sensitive on the subject, and given you seemingly endless well of irritation should I take it that you seem so personally invested in this issue because you're a sufferer of multiple traumatic head injuries?

http://calder.med.miami.edu/pointis/tbip...sych1.html

Oh, another internet tough guy. What a shock.

Grow up.
Quote:Oh, another internet tough guy. What a shock.

Grow up.

Even after all that peevishness, you can still say something that leaves me laughing. Thank you, Adam2012, whomever you are.
Quote:Even after all that peevishness, you can still say something that leaves me laughing. Thank you, Adam2012, whomever you are.

it left me confused.
Quote:Even after all that peevishness, you can still say something that leaves me laughing. Thank you, Adam2012, whomever you are.

I'm waiting for you to show us all those similar hits, the QB especially, that the Jaguars suffer but aren't called. (Hint: they exist only in your head.) As a matter of fact, you have it backwards (shock); the QBs get calls all the time that many think are marginal.

But - continue to make something out of nothing. It's what you do.
Quote:it left me confused.

Not surprising.
Pages: 1 2