Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: London game against Ravens is in week 3 this year.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
The Jaguars will play the Ravens on the 24th of September this year.

Will be interesting if they take the bye in week 4 or just play the game and take the bye later.
Ryan O'Halloran ‏@ryanohalloran
Baltimore at #Jaguars set for Week 3 (Sept. 24) in London.
So home game (Week 2). We'll see if they take bye in Week 4.
Ryan O'Halloran ‏@ryanohalloran
Not a stretch to say Week 1 road, Week 2 home, Week 3 London, Week 4 bye or home and then ... a lot of road games. #Jaguars
Quote:Ryan O'Halloran ‏@ryanohalloran

Not a stretch to say Week 1 road, Week 2 home, Week 3 London, Week 4 bye or home and then ... a lot of road games. #Jaguars

It take the Away-Home-London-Home start if its possible.

Take the bye week later during the away games stretch.
I'm usually in Europe during the Fall for a couple weeks.  Been waiting for one of these games to happen when I'm an easy train ride away from London.

Won't be this year. I'm scheduled to be in Mississippi  :confused:

How long is a train ride from Mississippi to London?

Quote:How long is a train ride from Mississippi to London?
Hang on. Let me check into it...
Quote:The Jaguars will play the Ravens on the 24th of September this year.

Will be interesting if they take the bye in week 4 or just play the game and take the bye later.

I think the day will come in the next 10 years that at least one NFL regular season opener on a Sunday will be in London.
Quote:  I think the day will come in the next 10 years that at least one NFL regular season opener on a Sunday will be in London.
I think more like 16 games in london.   More and more teams will play there.   But due to cost none will eve relocate there.  I think Goodell is trying to get enough football out there. 

To open up another Nfl Europe like 2.0 In the next 10-20 years.  And have fans used to it. So doesn't fail.   Great marketing strategy. 
Quote:I think more like 16 games in london.   More and more teams will play there.   But due to cost none will eve relocate there.  I think Goodell is trying to get enough football out there. 

To open up another Nfl Europe like 2.0 In the next 10-20 years.  And have fans used to it. So doesn't fail.   Great marketing strategy. 

At the very least I think at least 16 games per regular season will be played outside the United States sometime in the next 20 years. 
Quote:I think more like 16 games in london.   More and more teams will play there.   But due to cost none will eve relocate there.  I think Goodell is trying to get enough football out there. 

Goodell hated the NFL Europe, like properly hated the NFL-E, like took the very first opportunity to shut that league down. NFL-E 2.0 is never going to happen. 
I saw we open up in NY vs the Jets.
Since Coughlin worked for the NFL FO last year he may put in a word to them to have the team play the following week after London.

When he was here Coughlin always preferred the bye week come in the middle of the season. He was upset once year I think 1999 that the bye came early.
Quote: At the very least I think at least 16 games per regular season will be played outside the United States sometime in the next 20 years.

Two overseas franchises?
I'm still deciding if I want to renew my Sunday ticket. 

Quote:I saw we open up in NY vs the Jets.

I'm sure you'll be there to Welp on your team in person for a change.
Quote:I'm still deciding if I want to renew my season ticket.

Well hopefully you decide soon. I'm on the edge of my friggin seat over here.
Good to get that London game out of the way early.

Hopefully, TC can get the bye pushed back some.

Quote:Two overseas franchises?

Maybe, but I think what he meant is that every team will eventually play one overseas game whether in London or elsewhere.  16 games would equal 32 teams in total which is what we currently have in the league.

I think they need to be careful about expanding the league beyond 32 teams since the way that they are currently able to schedule 32 teams is very straight forward and easy with playing your division rivals twice a year and playing 1 other division from each conference and the two other teams that finished in the same position as your team within their respective divisions within the same conference.  If it jumped to 34 teams, you'd probably have the occasional scheduling anomaly where two non-division opponents faced each other twice in the same year during the regular season.   That used to happen occasionally when there were 30 teams and the divisions weren't equally divided.
For the second birthday weekend in a row, I'll be watching the Jags V Ravens.

The weather will be slightly different this year, though..
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5