Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 5 Most Annoying Things NeoCons Say
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Slam dunk Opinion piece I wanted to share, sums up how I feel about the GOP;

http://www.voicesofliberty.com/article/5...ocons-say/

Yeah, and they Pictured a R.I.N.O. on the front page. Neo-cons are not true republicans

Quote:Yeah, and they Pictured a R.I.N.O. on the front page. Neo-cons are not true republicans

Unfortunately they control the GOP and I don't ever see that changing.

I don't think that the problem is so much with "Neo-conservatives", as it is with Nationalism. Both parties are equally guilty of carrying out Nationalistic policies through Military interventions, regulations, and media control.

And for the record, there is a clear difference between "Nationalism" and "Patriotism".

I HATE NATIONALISM!

Obama is a neocon too...
Maybe from a Libertarian standpoint those are the most annoying things a Neo-con says.

I'd say it's:

1. Anything about Rape.

Anytime they talk about rape, I cringe in horror.  "Rape doesn't lead to babies!"  or "They should keep the horribly created gift"  or "Doctors should counsel people about abortions, and make sure they were really raped" or "Some girls rape easy" These aren't hyperbole, they're actual quotes from neo-cons.

2. This country is becoming more and more immoral!

Couldn't possibly be that moral attitudes are changing.  Nope.  It's everyone else that's wrong!  

3. Video games are a bigger problem than guns.

Yep.  GTAV sold a crap ton of copies.  So obviously we're going to see a MAJOR rise in crime, right?  right?  Why if people didn't have those evil video games they wouldn't go out and misuse those peaceful devices known as guns.  

4. It's not the government's business to know how much money you make.

And yet it's the government's business to know what goes on in the bedroom.

5. That's not what the founding fathers would have wanted

Funny they say that, because Jefferson at least thought the constitution should be re-written every 19 years.  He believed that to not do so would be to be enslaved to the previous generation.  Good thing we listen to our founding fathers... but only when we like what they say!

Quote:5. That's not what the founding fathers would have wanted

Funny they say that, because Jefferson at least thought the constitution should be re-written every 19 years.  He believed that to not do so would be to be enslaved to the previous generation.  Good thing we listen to our founding fathers... but only when we like what they say!
Jefferson believed that every 20 years the people should rise up and overthrow the Government through violent revolution...

Quote:Jefferson believed that every 20 years the people should rise up and overthrow the Government through violent revolution...

Jefferson would scare the [BLEEP] out of modern day liberals.
Quote:Jefferson believed that every 20 years the people should rise up and overthrow the Government through violent revolution...

Can you show me a quote or something to back that up?  
Quote:Yeah, and they Pictured a R.I.N.O. on the front page. Neo-cons are not true republicans

The Republican party is what it is.   If those are the people who control the party, then those are not "Republicans in Name Only,"   Those are Republicans.  
Quote:Can you show me a quote or something to back that up?  

"God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion.

The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is

wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts

they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions,

it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. ...

And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not

warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of

resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as

to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost

in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from

time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

It is its natural manure."

http://quotes.liberty-tree.ca/quote_blog...Quote.EFEC
Quote:"God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion.

Kudos to you, sir.
"We're the party of smaller government."

Quote:"We're the party of smaller government."

Laughing That's probably what should've been the number 1 item on the list.
When are you going to quote the 450 crazy things Ron Paul has said?

I love how some on here are trying to tell me who the "real" Republicans are.

You'll feel especially proud and pure when 2016 turns out to be like 1964, because purity of thought is much more important than winning elections.

Rand or Ted will make Hilary look like Abraham Lincoln.

Was that before he freed his slaves? Oh, that's right, he never did.

And you've totally disfigured anything Jefferson wrote.
Quote:When are you going to quote the 450 crazy things Ron Paul has said?

I love how some on here are trying to tell me who the "real" Republicans are.

You'll feel especially proud and pure when 2016 turns out to be like 1964, because purity of thought is much more important than winning elections.

Rand or Ted will make Hilary look like Abraham Lincoln.

I'm not denying neoconservatives own the Republican Party, they always have it's why I'm not a republican. From Lincoln on down to Nixon and Bush the Republican Party is absolutely a big government party. For a while you guys played the limited government card and swayed conservatives but their waking up little by little.

As for Ron Paul's craziness you must be referring to him warning of the housing bubble in the 90s or maybe the blow back in the 80s or is it the NSA and homeland security threats post 9/11?

Don't worry you'll get your turn on the throne for a couple of years soon until the Americans realize your just a different shade of tyranny then it's back to painting yourself conservative for a decade.
Quote:Was that before he freed his slaves? Oh, that's right, he never did.

And you've totally disfigured anything Jefferson wrote.
1. Slavery was a world wide issue so if we're going to discredit anyone that had slaves lets just throw out any scholar world wide pre 1800.

2. How has he disfigured Jefferson quote, hell drifter has the entire quote in context above but please give us your spin on it.
Quote:"God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion.

I'll note that the above "quote" is actually two separate passages from Jefferson and leaves out the critical context of his actual meaning.

The first part of the quote is preceded by his thoughts on the ignorance that breeds rebellion: "The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive."

Between the two parts you have this: "What country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people perserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to the facts, pardon and pacify them."

So, his point wasn't that there need be some bloody rebellion every 20 years, or at all. Instead his point was that the people should be heard and maintain a spirit of liberty, and in response the government should be open and assuage any problems rather than crushing any "rebellion."

It's sad that his wise words are so twisted by the very insane fringes he was hoping to save from a bloody death at the hands of the government that they don't understand.
Quote:I'm not denying neoconservatives own the Republican Party, they always have it's why I'm not a republican. From Lincoln on down to Nixon and Bush the Republican Party is absolutely a big government party. For a while you guys played the limited government card and swayed conservatives but their waking up little by little.

As for Ron Paul's craziness you must be referring to him warning of the housing bubble in the 90s or maybe the blow back in the 80s or is it the NSA and homeland security threats post 9/11?

Don't worry you'll get your turn on the throne for a couple of years soon until the Americans realize your just a different shade of tyranny then it's back to painting yourself conservative for a decade.

I'm always amused when people just throw a label out there and think they've said something. Oohh - "neocons" are such bad people. There, that's done - I've shown I'm much more pure then those stupid "Republicans". You really do wish it was 1880, don't you? You're going to keep beating that "small government" drum, aren't you? Don't you realize that that argument was lost about 80 years ago? Even Rand Paul and Ted Cruz don't believe in it. Give them a little power and see what they really believe. But that's ok - Wonderland is a nice place to live.

You really trying to defend your boy Ron Paul? If they're "neo-cons" he's head of the "loons". 

Read some history regarding the revolutionary era. T. Jefferson wrote a good phrase, he just didn't care to live it. Alexander Hamilton was the man Jefferson wished he was. But the rich, slave-owning planters were in control, so we have this huge monument to T.J. and Hamilton is barely remembered. Washington, as well as many others, handled the slavery thing much better than Jefferson. But that's ok, he wrote some silly phrase about revolution that I doubt he ever meant. But it sounds cool.
Pages: 1 2 3 4