Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: ***Official Jaguars Vs. Texans Game Day Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
Hi, Jaguars fans!    Smile   Our 2-10 Jacksonville Jaguars have a chance to not only win their second straight home game in Jacksonville, and third straight overall in 2014, but also win over a division opponent, as the Houston Texans come down east over I-10, to play our Jaguars, in the 25th meeting between the teams. Jaguars and Texans are playing a home and home series in December.

Jacksonville won the last meeting over Houston 27-20 played at EverBank Field exactly one year ago back on December 5, 2013.  Jaguars scoring highlights included two touchdown passes from Chad Henne, a 1-yarder to Marcedes Lewis, and a 6-yarder to Cecil Shorts, an Ace Sanders 21-yard pass to Jordon Todman,  and Josh Scobee's 40-yard Field goal, and his three PAT's.

Jaguars are also  on a two-game winning streak, outscoring the Texans 47 points to 26 in those two games. But the Texans still lead the all-time regular season series 13 games, to the Jaguars 11.

Cloudy skies at 60 degrees, feels like 58 degrees, is the game forecast inside EverBank Field, for the 1:05PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff, along with 5% precipitation, and north/northeast winds at 5 miles per hour.

Visiting Texans are wearing their white jerseys, and navy blue pants, while the host Jaguars are wearing the black jerseys and pants.

NO further injuries, and GO JAGUARS!!!!! :yes:   B)  :thumbsup:  ^_^

Jaguars Vs. Texans Live NFL Game Centers, and NFL On CBS TV Distribution Map In Sky Blue:

http://www.jaguars.com/gameday/game/2014/regular14

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2014120703...ab=preview

http://506sports.com/

Jaguars Vs. Texans Pre Game Injury Reports:

http://www.jaguars.com/team/injury-report.html

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/injury-report.html

Go Jags!!!!!!

Let's make it two in a row.
Dear God...at this point I just hope we don't embarrass ourselves!!!
We lose: 24-10

JJ Watt has a field day against our offensive line and we have no answer for him. The offense still sucks, thus we only score 10. Watch out Bortles, it's going to be a long game.

Quote:Dear God...at this point I just hope we don't embarrass ourselves!!!
I think it's too late for that.
Right now I am just hoping I don't miss anything on the way to my seat. The last two years I missed Jaxson deVille's bungee jump, player introductions, and the coin toss.

When I get to Section 213 Row W Seat 4, I will be ready for some football. GO JAGUARS!

Quote:I think it's too late for that.

lol, yep, I was just going to say that.
Quote:Right now I am just hoping I don't miss anything on the way to my seat. The last two years I missed Jaxson deVille's bungee jump, player introductions, and the coin toss.

When I get to Section 213 Row W Seat 4, I will be ready for some football. GO JAGUARS!

Get there early then.
Quote:Get there early then.

I can't. The earliest I can leave home is 10:30.
wait - JDub,

You actually go to the games?  I thought for sure that you were more of a Broncos fan.

I realize the Texans are 3-5 over the past eight weeks, but with Pasztor out and JJ in mid-season form, I just can't pick the Jaguars this week.

Texans 31

Jaguars 21

Jaguars will beat the spread and win!

Quote:Jaguars will beat the spread and win!

I like how you think!

The Jags always play the texans tough....JJ or not.

GO JAGUARS!

I predict that some here will complain if we lose.

I predict that some here will complain if we win.

When they have the ball, I like our matchups on the outside. Its gonna come down to our young LBs fitting the run to stop foster, cause IF he gets going the action pass will come and tear us up. Pressure on,Fitzpatrick will also be key to help us get some needed turnovers,

When we have the ball, I think shoelace has the speed to run around a defense that is mostly slow in the LB corps. I wouldn't be surprised if we run a lot of one TE sets with Watt taking a block from Mercedes. I also wouldn't rule out some read option to take advantage of the aforementioned slow LBs. For passing, I think Lee can outrun some older corners and Blake can capitalize. Watt will get some sacks but I feel like he's never able to take over games with us.

Overall, we will have to play mistake free football and take the ball away a couple times. But I will say this, if the game is close in the fourth quarter, I think we will win. Fitzpatrick throws games away and Blake has the killer instinct. I think we win a close one, 21-17.
Quote:Let's make it two in a row.
Believe it or not, the winning streak started last week.
Go jaguars! Here's to a good game with no injuries. I'm looking at you Watt, leave Bortles alone.
I'm feeling good, this is another winnable game. But It'll all come down to the offense doing something, I have no fear of the Texans offense against our defense they'll put up some points but overall it's a favorable match-up. 

Quote:I can't. The earliest I can leave home is 10:30.

House arrest must be tough.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42