Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Clowney placed on IR, done for the year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

Quote:Jadeveon Clowney’s rookie year is over.

The No. 1 overall pick of the 2014 NFL draft will be placed on season-ending injury reserve and undergo another knee surgery, Texans coach Bill O’Brien said Thursday.

Clowney played in just four games this year while dealing with a sports hernia surgery, concussion and meniscus tear. He underwent knee surgery after his NFL debut Week 1 against Washington. Clowney experienced swelling in his knee after returning to action at Tennessee.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/201...o-surgery/

Doesn't mean he can't be a good player, but that is not what you want to see out of a 1st overall pick.  I wonder if the injuries will continue?

Quote: 

<div> 

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/201...o-surgery/

</div>

I think the emotion the rest of the division is experiencing is called schadenfreude.
Freakish athleticism leads to injuries. Brightest stars burn twice as fast. Stick a fork in it
If Houston were allowed a do-over at the end of the season and given the right to swap Clowney with any other player drafted last year, would they do it?  And if so, who would they swap?  Has to be Bortles, Mack, Watkins or Evans right?

Quote:If Houston were allowed a do-over at the end of the season and given the right to swap Clowney with any other player drafted last year, would they do it?  And if so, who would they swap?  Has to be Bortles, Mack, Watkins or Evans right?

They'd be lying if they were to claim they wouldn't.

Clowney's 2013 SC season wasn't an illusion, it's what they should have expected.
lol

Hopefully he doesn't end up as the next Courtney Brown...

NB4 Tanking!!!
Bust.
This made our next game much easier.

Quote:This made our next game much easier.

Yeah the 7 tackles and 0 sacks he put up this year would really make things tough on us.
Quote:If Houston were allowed a do-over at the end of the season and given the right to swap Clowney with any other player drafted last year, would they do it?  And if so, who would they swap?  Has to be Bortles, Mack, Watkins or Evans right?
As a fan....I would choose Mack.
During the draft there was talk about Clowney getting by on his athleticism and not work ethic.  He was described as a guy who doesn't really "love" football.  I wonder if he's just had bad luck this year or if they were injuries he could've played through.

Quote:Yeah the 7 tackles and 0 sacks he put up this year would really make things tough on us.

Haha. True.
Man I hope they don't amputate.
Quote:During the draft there was talk about Clowney getting by on his athleticism and not work ethic. He was described as a guy who doesn't really "love" football. I wonder if he's just had bad luck this year or if they were injuries he could've played through.

Or injuries he could have prevented with better conditioning maybe?
Quote:Or injuries he could have prevented with better conditioning maybe?
Or a better playing surface? Not to make excuses of course.
Quote:During the draft there was talk about Clowney getting by on his athleticism and not work ethic.  He was described as a guy who doesn't really "love" football.  I wonder if he's just had bad luck this year or if they were injuries he could've played through.

I don't think you play through a knee that needs surgery.  Some other part of the body, maybe.  Not a knee though.  This isn't meant to challenge the idea that he doesn't love football.  That remains to be seen.
Quote:During the draft there was talk about Clowney getting by on his athleticism and not work ethic.  He was described as a guy who doesn't really "love" football.  I wonder if he's just had bad luck this year or if they were injuries he could've played through.

He tore a meniscus and was ruled out six weeks. That is not something guys play through.
Pages: 1 2 3