Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: OFFENSIVE LINE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
There is really one area that needs the most attention, and that is the O-LINE. No matter what they do this off season they better address this problem. Our offense SUCKS because our QB can't do anything because he is always running for his life and feels like he has to get rid the ball right away. This O LINE SUCKS and it needs fixing. 

Just sayin

Smile

Quote:There is really one area that needs the most attention, and that is the O-LINE. No matter what they do this off season they better address this problem. Our offense SUCKS because our QB can't do anything because he is always running for his life and feels like he has to get rid the ball right away. This O LINE SUCKS and it needs fixing. 

Just sayin

Smile

I'm sayin' the same thing.   90% of our problems on offense stem from poor offensive line play. 
I think it'll be addressed...

[Image: 2744822-2744822-7126436564-0HRt1.gif]

which players specifically need replacing?

Beadles?  Pazstor?  Nowanko? Joeckel?

Quote:which players specifically need replacing?

all of the above
Quote:which players specifically need replacing?

I'd be happy if any of them could be significantly upgraded, but I think the biggest offensive line need is someone to call out blocking assignments.

This team would be so much better if it had a 28 year old Meester on it making sure everyone blocked the right guy.
When the line has given up 50 sacks, yeah, there's a problem.
Yes the line has issues.  I'm sure they'll bring competition to camp next year.  Probably an early-ish pick and a FA or two. 

Linder is the only sure thing, but I bet Joeckel makes some positive progress before August 2015.  Competition at LG,C and RT will likely be introduced. Possibly LT too. 

Funny how the Fisch haters are now agreeing when someone says O-line is the problem. LOL. Been saying it for weeks.  
Joeckel, Bowanko and Linder will get further opportunities next year
Quote:Yes the line has issues.  I'm sure they'll bring competition to camp next year.  Probably an early-ish pick and a FA or two. 

Linder is the only sure thing, but I bet Joeckel makes some positive progress before August 2015.  Competition at LG,C and RT will likely be introduced. Possibly LT too. 

Funny how the Fisch haters are now agreeing when someone says O-line is the problem. LOL. Been saying it for weeks.  

Actually I'd put part of the responsibility for the o-line's inability to recognize their assignments on Fisch.

There are things that can be done with motion and formation that make it dramatically easier for the o-line from that respect.

Start every play that isn't specifically short yardage straight ahead running with the RB and TE split out wide. This forces the defense to either reveal who is in coverage or leave guys uncovered.

If they leave guys uncovered just deliver the ball out on very quick drops and if guys split out to cover the team can either motion the RB or TE, or both of them, back in or just run the play spread out.
Offensive Line is offensive..

Quote:Actually I'd put part of the responsibility for the o-line's inability to recognize their assignments on Fisch.

There are things that can be done with motion and formation that make it dramatically easier for the o-line from that respect.

Start every play that isn't specifically short yardage straight ahead running with the RB and TE split out wide. This forces the defense to either reveal who is in coverage or leave guys uncovered.

If they leave guys uncovered just deliver the ball out on very quick drops and if guys split out to cover the team can either motion the RB or TE, or both of them, back in or just run the play spread out.

Fisch also hasn't had BB roll out much at all until finally a few times yesterday.  I agree there are nuances to the game that could help the situation that Fisch doesn't so well.  The first half was truly pathetic.  Then Fisch opened the playbook in the 2nd half and added wrinkles which made a difference.
Quote:Fisch also hasn't had BB roll out much at all until finally a few times yesterday.  I agree there are nuances to the game that could help the situation that Fisch doesn't so well.  The first half was truly pathetic.  Then Fisch opened the playbook in the 2nd half and added wrinkles which made a difference.

Correct, but the roll out had limited success because it works best in situations where the run is an honest threat.

When you're down 21 points the play fake is much less effective than when the game is close.
Quote:Yes the line has issues.  I'm sure they'll bring competition to camp next year.  Probably an early-ish pick and a FA or two. 

both are true.  Fisch and the oline suck
Quote:Actually I'd put part of the responsibility for the o-line's inability to recognize their assignments on Fisch.

Wow, looks like you have it all figured out.   Better get a note to Fisch right away. 
The OL is in pretty sad shape.  The tackles Pasztor and Joeckel are backup material, and get beat regularly as starters.  At guard, Beadles is mediocre at best and upgradeable, but Linder has been pretty good for a rookie.  Bowanko has been serviceable, and may have some upside, but is upgradeable if the opportunity presents itself.  I see at least 3 changes that need to be made.

Luke has to get better 

Gaining experience will do a lot for the line. Also bringing in a couple of guys to compete for starting spots should elevate the overall play and provide some quality depth.

The OL is simply lacking experience, technique, strength, and knowledge of the offensive scheme.

If the can improve on the above weaknesses, then I'd have to say we'll be ok.

Pages: 1 2 3 4