Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Why did Gus go for 2?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This dude is Muschamp, NFL version. Stick to being a DC. Not a HC. SMH
terrible call

It's really biting us in the butt now...
While we overcame the mistake, it was still a bad call. He has poor time and game management skills.

I liked the call. 

He's not very bright.  He needs a game manager coach next to him on the sidelines.

Quote:terrible call

I agree, bad call to go for 2 that early. Almost came back to bite Gus and the Jags.

You don't chase points, especially as hard as it is for the Jags to score from the red zone, even 2 yards out.

Odds are you won't get the 2 points.

TAKE THE DARN EXTRA POINT UNTIL IT'S ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY TO GO FOR 2.
You go for two there to make it a 3 point game, a tacit admission that they didn't think we'd get another TD. You then can kick one to tie and another to win.

I thought it was the right call to go for 2

He didn't think our offence could do much, which was fair as Bortles was getting sacked non stop

Yea they went for it too early.  Hopefully he'll take it as a learning moment.

Hindsight is the best when it dosent work right
I guess he figures we don't get points often... try to get the most of it. Either way, I didn't agree with it especially with our amazing red zone offense.

Quote:I liked the call.

Me too. It was aggressive. Playing to win vs playing to keep it close.
<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/APMarkLong'> ‏@APMarkLong </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/APMarkLong/status/539486639580798976'>4h</a>

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/APMarkLong/status/539486639580798976'>4 hours ago</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Jaguars coach Gus Bradley on going for 2-point conversion in 3rd quarter: "We do base a lot of things on analytics."
Quote: ‏@APMarkLong  4h

<div style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(41,47,51);">4 hours ago
<p style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(41,47,51);">Jaguars coach Gus Bradley on going for 2-point conversion in 3rd quarter: "We do base a lot of things on analytics."

</div>
Based on the score it was the right call, but it was too early in the game to do that IMO.

My guess is at that time, he didn't have enough confidence that we'd score another TD.
Quote: ‏@APMarkLong  4h

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">4 hours ago
<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Jaguars coach Gus Bradley on going for 2-point conversion in 3rd quarter: "We do base a lot of things on analytics."

</div>

I can recall reading once that according to analytics its always the correct choice to go for 2. If he's going by analytics I'm not sure why they'd ever trying kicking the PAT.
It was the right call. 

Terrible call.  Why take points off the board in the middle of the third quarter?  With this goal line offense?  Doesn't make any sense 

Quote:It was the right call. 

how?
Pages: 1 2 3