Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Team waives WR Mike Brown and promotes WR Tommy Streeter from Practice Squad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
<a class="bbc_url" href='http://m.jacksonville.com/opinion/blog/544821/ryan-ohalloran/2014-11-28/jaguars-waive-wr-mike-brown-promote-tommy-streeter#gsc.tab=0'>http://m.jacksonville.com/opinion/blog/544821/ryan-ohalloran/2014-11-28/jaguars-waive-wr-mike-brown-promote-tommy-streeter#gsc.tab=0</a>

Here is the article by Ryan O'Halloran...

Following practice today, the Jaguars waived receiver Mike Brown and promoted receiver Tommy Streeter from the practice squad.

Streeter has been on the practice squad since Sept. 29. The 25-year old is 6-foot-5 and has been with Baltimore and Tampa Bay but has not played in a regular season game.

Brown played in 18 games for the Jaguars over the last three years, making 39 catches for 534 yards and scoring two touchdowns.

Brown, 25, has been a healthy scratch the last six games and had seven catches for 88 yards this year.

Brown handled punt returns during Ace Sanders’ four-game NFL substance abuse suspension, but became an extra body once Sanders returned and Marqise Lee (hamstring) came back after missing three games.

The Jaguars went with four receivers last week at Indianapolis – Cecil Shorts, Allen Hurns, Lee and Sanders – but Streeter could be active Sunday against the New York Giants if the coaching staff opts for five receivers and two tight ends (three were active for the Colts game).

Brown’s release leaves only 11 players on the current 53-man roster who were with the Jaguars before general manager Dave Caldwell was hired in January 2013.
Brown was handing on by a thread all season.

Let's see what Streeter has.
Brown played decent last year but he was really struggling this season.  I hope a team picks him up and he does well, but I dont blame the Jaguars GM for letting him go.

Brown’s release leaves only 11 players on the current 53-man roster who were with the Jaguars before general manager Dave Caldwell was hired in January 2013.

That's huge, shows how bad Gene Smith had messed this team up.

I dont know about Tommy Streeter but he ran a 4.34 in the 40 back in 2012's combine, and I've only read impressive things about him.  I wonder why he hasnt played for the Ravens or the Bucs during regular season?  Anyone know?

Quote:Brown’s release leaves only 11 players on the current 53-man roster who were with the Jaguars before general manager Dave Caldwell was hired in January 2013.

That's huge, shows how bad Gene Smith had messed this team up.

We are so much better right now.

Wait, 1-10 right ?
[youtube

http://youtu.be/Ktiht1GyiTA

[/youtube]

Quote:We are so much better right now.

Wait, 1-10 right ?
:thanks:

All I am saying is he might be a +7 in long pass category in Madden 15, and I'm going to go home and look for him.  lol
I've been intrigued with Streeter ever since his draft combine. He might just fit in here.

I might be drunk on the TEAL koolaid and driving this Band Wagon over the cliff, but he could be the Jaguars Randy Moss.....

okay i better put the cup down now...

To compare Randy Moss is 6'4" 210 lbs, his 40 yard dash was 4.25 (ouch)

touchdown Tommy is 6'5" 215lbs and his 40 yard dash was 4.4 (not bad but not as fast as Randy)

The fastest average 40 yard times are WRs at 4.5 so Tommy is even faster than the average.

only 7 players ran slightly faster in this years combine so he's def. a deep threat.

I'm sure we're going to throw deep now that Streeter is active!

They waive a scrub and pick up another scrub.

I dont know I felt Brown had potential and Streeter might have more... I'm excited to see him play this year as a Jag.

Good move
Quote:They waive a scrub and pick up another scrub.

They waive a short scrub to activate a 6'5 4.4 scrub..
And still no Stephen Hill sighting?
Quote:They waive a scrub and pick up another scrub.
That's what happens this time of year.

I'm sure you have a much better idea of what they should have done, right?

Oh, that's right. You would have to sacrifice "troll time" to actually come up with a better alternative. We all know you've never been up to that task.
Weird thing is I follow the Jags, but not as closely as some do in regards to the roster or the practice squad. And, the sad thing is, I completely forgot that Brown was still on the team...I guess his contribution has been nonexistent.

Quote:Weird thing is I follow the Jags, but not as closely as some do in regards to the roster or the practice squad. And, the sad thing is, I completely forgot that Brown was still on the team...I guess his contribution has been nonexistent.
He took a step back this season.
Pages: 1 2