Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Star Wars: The Force Awakens teaser trailer released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
There's a lot to like about this trailer, or hate... If you're a tradition fan http://youtu.be/OMOVFvcNfvE
I'm loving it absolutely can not wait!
Here's the international trailer. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plwVRYEQ...e=youtu.be

Quote:Here's the international trailer. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plwVRYEQ...e=youtu.be

That one's not real it was a fan made trailer came out earlier this week
I saw the fake one earlier today and thought, "well, they don't give you much."  The real one posted above looks fantastic.  I look forward to seeing it.

Sifting thought he comments and a lot of people were disappointed. But it's a teaser! I, for one, think this will be the best film in the series. I think the technology and film techniques have finally caught up the the Star Wars comcept and the product will be amazing. I know it's not a comic book film, but I look at the comic book films and how they've evolved as a indicator of how this film will be
Quote:Sifting thought he comments and a lot of people were disappointed. But it's a teaser! I, for one, think this will be the best film in the series. I think the technology and film techniques have finally caught up the the Star Wars comcept and the product will be amazing. I know it's not a comic book film, but I look at the comic book films and how they've evolved as a indicator of how this film will be

Just look at what JJ did with Star Trek, now add the back story of Star Wars and holy crap!
Quote:I'm loving it absolutely can not wait!

YES!! The way that trailer looks so far, ,, This is what everyone was waiting on, and thought it would be like with the last 3 "Prequels." Those were a complete bomb.

This looks very promising, can't wait!
Quote:YES!! The way that trailer looks so far, ,, This is what everyone was waiting on, and thought it would be like with the last 3 "Prequels." Those were a complete bomb.

This looks very promising, can't wait!

I have such a star wars bias I've convinced myself into loving the prequels. But this squeal trilogy has me losing sleep thinking about it.
Quote:Just look at what JJ did with Star Trek, now add the back story of Star Wars and holy crap!

Personally, I think he did a terrible job with the Star Trek franchise.  Had it been by any other name and completely unrelated... then I suppose it was decent sci-fi.  His second was better than the first, but I would have embraced them both if they didn't come off as a middle finger to the source material.  Had they focused on being a more original tale rather than focused on rewriting the core (unnecessarily bastardizing many elements, in some respects) I think it would have been a lot better.  They certainly don't measure up to Wrath of Khan (which he shouldn't have even tried to undo, very questionable decision on his part.)  Abrams is grossly overrated, IMO.

That being said... I'm very encouraged by this trailer.  The rolling droid is quite bad, but nothing near as bad as Jar Jar.
Quote:There's a lot to like about this trailer, or hate... If you're a tradition fan

The only tradition Star Wars has had in recent years is of releasing crappy movies. So I can't wait for that tradition to be tossed aside.
Lego Star Wars tho...

Quote:Lego Star Wars tho...

Lego Star Wars is a fantastic franchise.

The cartoon spinoffs are pretty decent, too.
I'm excited for it. Especially since 'Brienne' from GoT (Gwen Christie) is in it. I just love the actress. 

Also, I couldn't care less that the first dude we see in the trailer is black. I don't even understand what the fuss is about. People are people regardless of color. It's 2014 and folks need to grow the hell up.

I thought Revenge of the Sith was good. I don't understand why it gets hated on.

Quote:I'm excited for it. Especially since 'Brienne' from GoT (Gwen Christie) is in it. I just love the actress. 

Also, I couldn't care less that the first dude we see in the trailer is black. I don't even understand what the fuss is about. People are people regardless of color. It's 2014 and folks need to grow the hell up.

Anyone who's ever watched Star Wars has seen white people, green people, purple people, orange people, red people and so on.. One black guy in the opening of the trailer and people are ready to jump off a ledge.. Pretty funny haha
Quote:I'm excited for it. Especially since 'Brienne' from GoT (Gwen Christie) is in it. I just love the actress.

Huh I hadn't heard any comments about that?
Quote:I thought Revenge of the Sith was good. I don't understand why it gets hated on.

Because it's hip to hate on the prequels, it's like a badge of honor that you where around before the "new" Star Wars. The originals had flaws as well it's the story that we love.
Quote:Anyone who's ever watched Star Wars has seen white people, green people, purple people, orange people, red people and so on.. One black guy in the opening of the trailer and people are ready to jump off a ledge.. Pretty funny haha

Where are you seeing this? YouTube comments? Those are always outlandish there's been black actors in the entire series.
Quote:I thought Revenge of the Sith was good. I don't understand why it gets hated on.
first off, congrats on the undefeated season. Second, I don't understand either. Maybe it's because I was born in '92, but I thought the prequels were a good fit in the SW saga. I actually got an opportunity to was episode 1 through 6 in order with fresh eyes. For me, it's a toss up. The fight scenes, visuals, and demise of Anakin/Padme's delivery were a lot of fun but the original's story and nostalgia has its place. Of course, I think this new one will engulf all the previous movies
Pages: 1 2 3