Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Should Telvin just take Cyprien's role at SS?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
He's obviously the more impactful player and he's already playing like Kam Chancellor, while Cyprien has had two whole years now and continues not to show much. The announcer even called Telvin our Kam Chancellor against the Colts this week. He has Chancellor's profile, is faster, hard hitting, and same spirit and makes the same kind of game changing plays, which Cyprien doesn't make. At this point I feel like it would be an upgrade to the entire defense to put Telvin in Cyprien's place.

Quote:He's obviously the more impactful player and he's already playing like Kam Chancellor, while Cyprien has had two whole years now and continues not to show much. The announcer even called Telvin our Kam Chancellor against the Colts this week. He has Chancellor's profile, is faster, hard hitting, and same spirit and makes the same kind of game changing plays, which Cyprien doesn't make. At this point I feel like it would be an upgrade to the entire defense to put Telvin in Cyprien's place.

No. I heard the announcer say that and thought it was really dumb. He made all those plays from the linebacker position. Telvin is fast for a linebacker but if you put him at safety he will get cooked.

Cyprien just needs to stay in his zones. If you watch, too often is he getting caught trying to bite off more than he can chew and help out another zone.
The SS in our defense is basically an extra linebacker :/

Cyprien isn't that fast for a safety, neither is Kam Chancellor. If anything Telvin is faster than both of them.

Quote:The SS in our defense is basically an extra linebacker :/

Cyprien isn't that fast for a safety, neither is Kam Chancellor. If anything Telvin is faster than both of them.

How often do you see linebackers set back 15 yards from the line of scrimmage? Watch cyprien for a game and you'll see a whole lot more is asked from him than a linebacker.
No. /thread
I disagree Telvin Smith's body is built more like a Free Safety, and he's fast enough to not get burned.  I think he is more suited as an OLB and very effective at his current role.

The team does need a FS though.

Quote:No. I heard the announcer say that and thought it was really dumb. He made all those plays from the linebacker position. Telvin is fast for a linebacker but if you put him at safety he will get cooked.

Cyprien just needs to stay in his zones. If you watch, too often is he getting caught trying to bite off more than he can chew and help out another zone.
The #1 reason Telvin Smith will only play LB is that is all Telvin Smith wants to play (they asked him during drafting process)!
Stop

Telvin Smith has star potential and to think he wasnt taken until the 144th pick... I think next season as he continues to develop and learn teams are truly going to regret that.
He was the first rookie of the AFC to win Rookie of the Week (Defense AFC) in week 7.   I voted for him as the best rookie perfomance in my poll.

He's one of the best atheletes the team has this year.

Quote:The SS in our defense is basically an extra linebacker :/

Cyprien is fine. He has to account for a very young secondary and that equals mistakes.

I mean.. look who he has at FS. Seriously.
Quote:Cyprien is fine. He has to account for a very young secondary and that equals mistakes.

I mean.. look who he has at FS. Seriously.

Evans has been fine.

I mean..look who he has at SS.  Seriously.
Cyprien is much better at SS than Evan is at any position.

Quote:Cyprien is much better at SS than Evan is at any position.

Cyprien isn't much better than anyone at any position.

Seriously, people need to get off his junk.  He's been a below average SS.  Evans is a below average FS, but he's playing like a 6th round pick is kind of expected to play.  Cyprien is also playing like a 6th round pick.
Quote:Cyprien isn't much better than anyone at any position.

Seriously, people need to get off his junk.  He's been a below average SS.  Evans is a below average FS, but he's playing like a 6th round pick is kind of expected to play.  Cyprien is also playing like a 6th round pick.
YES HE IS LOL. He also hasn't even finished his 2nd year. I think you're the one who needs to get off his junk.

He's not playing like a 6th round pick. Stop lying to support your agenda.

Quote:Evans has been fine.

I mean..look who he has at SS.  Seriously.
"Evans has been fine".

Stop there.
Quote:YES HE IS LOL. He also hasn't even finished his 2nd year. I think you're the one who needs to get off his junk.

He's not playing like a 6th round pick. Stop lying to support your agenda.

Dude, Cyprien has been terrible.  

Period.  Regardless of where he was drafted.

Not sure if you're even watching the games.

Yes, Cyp is better than Prosinski - which is about the only thing we can say about his play this year.  When he went down and we were down to playing Guy and Prosinski, you can tell Cyp is better.

But that's hardly saying much.

I'm still waiting on ONE impact play from him this year.  Just 1.
Quote:"Evans has been fine".

Stop there.

Evans has been fine for a 6th round pick, that's my correction.

He needs to be upgraded. 

Cyprien has not been fine for a 2nd round pick.

He needs to be upgraded.
That's not a good move. Telvin's great at his position, moving him out of it is counter-productive.

You know that rookie linebacker we have the looks like a long term starter and one of the steals of the draft???

Lets move him to a new position.

[Image: stoner.gif]

Pages: 1 2 3 4