Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: If Gus is fired as HC, would you still want him here as a DC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

He did a great job with Seattle and helping build up their "Legion of Boom." It would be pretty foolish of this team to let him go in general, but that's just me. It seems like most of you would lynch him and the entire coaching staff on goalposts if you had the chance.

I would want him to become our DC, because look how awesome our defense has become since he took over!  :teehee:

I put no, only because it would be an unprecedented move. Only two former HCs have ever returned to the team they were fired by, and those hirings were years later, not an immediate demotion. It's highly unlikely that any new coach would want to keep the old guy on board in any capacity.

I said no. You can't demote a guy who was in charge of a team, and then feel good about a new guy coming in. Gus will no doubt question his motives in certain situations bc he thinks he knows more, or a better way.
If it's OK with Chucky, I'm fine with keeping him as DC.

Quote:If it's OK with Chucky, I'm fine with keeping him as DC.

I'd actually be excited if Chucky came here. I'd know someone with real coaching/QB experience would be here. Oh yeah, he can win a Super Bowl too!
Quote:I put no, only because it would be an unprecedented move. Only two former HCs have ever returned to the team they were fired by, and those hirings were years later, not an immediate demotion. It's highly unlikely that any new coach would want to keep the old guy on board in any capacity.

I didn't respond but this is the correct answer.  We can want all we want but it won't happen if he is fired.  Point Blank.  Uh uh not gonna happen.

Let's go Florida Gators I would love to have Will Muschamp as the DC, but it is not gonna happen.

There is not an incumbent HC who wants the HC he is replacing still in place at an OC or DC position it just doesn't seem to work I guess, even though I would be all for it.
If there was no personal feelings involved, then absolutely.  However, we're all human and I don't see that as a probability.  So in short, no I would not want him as our DC.

It don't work like that.

Quote:If it's OK with Chucky, I'm fine with keeping him as DC.

Quote:I'd actually be excited if Chucky came here. I'd know someone with real coaching/QB experience would be here. Oh yeah, he can win a Super Bowl too!

it would be very exciting and terrific...........just highly improbably.
Quote:He did a great job with Seattle and helping build up their "Legion of Boom." It would be pretty foolish of this team to let him go in general, but that's just me. It seems like most of you would lynch him and the entire coaching staff on goalposts if you had the chance.

Paul should've got his HC debut with some sisters of the poor division III program like Mike Tomlin then and only then maybe he could've run an NFL team to some significant wins. The problem was that at the time Paul's name was a hot one at the time for no apparent reason other then he had a good defensive scheme. For all we know Paul and Pete didn't see eye to eye anymore and as a favor the hawks threw Pauls name out there as HC candidate just to be rid of him. Then the Jags fall for that rah rah BS hook line and sinker. 
I voted no just because it's not realistic to fire a head coach and then convince him to stay on in a lesser role.

Quote:I'd actually be excited if Chucky came here. I'd know someone with real coaching/QB experience would be here. Oh yeah, he can win a Super Bowl too!

Gruden is extremely overrated.  He won a superbowl with a ready made team, beat his old team in the superbowl, then went 48-61 with the bucs.  He never developed a QB his entire time in Tampa.

Quote:Gruden is extremely overrated.  He won a superbowl with a ready made team, beat his old team in the superbowl, then went 48-61 with the bucs.  He never developed a QB his entire time in Tampa.
Agreed.  Him and his brother are supposed QB Gurus and they haven't done squat in that department.
Quote:I voted no just because it's not realistic to fire a head coach and then convince him to stay on in a lesser role.

Gruden is extremely overrated.  He won a superbowl with a ready made team, beat his old team in the superbowl, then went 48-61 with the bucs.  He never developed a QB his entire time in Tampa.

In fairness, TB only had one QB who I'd consider developable, Chris Simms. He improved significantly in his second season, but was injured early in his 3rd and never fully recovered.

Gruden did develop several QBs before TB.

Quote:In fairness, TB only had one QB who I'd consider developable, Chris Simms. He improved significantly in his second season, but was injured early in his 3rd and never fully recovered.

Gruden did develop several QBs before TB.

Wasn't Gruden partly responsible for the resurgence of Rich Gannon?
Quote:Wasn't Gruden partly responsible for the resurgence of Rich Gannon?
Gruden did have some success developing veteran QBs; Rich Gannon, Brad Johnson, Jeff Garcia.  He was never able to do the same with a young QB.
Quote:Gruden did have some success developing veteran QBs; Rich Gannon, Brad Johnson, Jeff Garcia.  He was never able to do the same with a young QB.

So what your saying is that if the Jags hire chucky and he institutes the West Coast offense 3.0 Chad Henne will be League MVP?  Banana
I doubt Shad Khan would permit it because of it's distractions. He doesn't seem to be a very patient man to me.

Regards...................the Chiefjag

Never happening. He doesn't want to coach. ESPN is easy money.
That would never happen... if he's not HC here,  then he's not here. This isn't a demotion league.

Pages: 1 2