Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Mallett injured in loss today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Fitzmagic again?

<div> 
</div>
Quote:<div><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/McClain_on_NFL'>@McClain_on_NFL</a>
</div>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(252,252,252);">Mallett played with an injury to his right pectoral muscle, will undergo an MRI and could be lost for several weeks.

8:53pm · 23 Nov 2014 ·

I would love it if he can't play in Jacksonville because that is the game I am going to. But for his sake I hope it is not torn.

Quote:I would love it if he can't play in Jacksonville because that is the game I am going to. But for his sake I hope it is not torn.

I would prefer Mallet play, Fitz is probably better.
Quote:I would prefer Mallet play, Fitz is probably better.

I'm not sure which is worse.

Fitz is smart and understands defenses, but has a tendency to overplay his hand and throw into coverages that the WR won't beat.

Mallet, on the other hand, never comes off his first read and isn't going to run away from any pass rush.

Either way if the Jaguars' WRs can learn to beat a jam and the o-line learn to hold a block for 2.5 seconds the Jaguars can win.
Quote:I'm not sure which is worse.

Fitz is smart and understands defenses, but has a tendency to overplay his hand and throw into coverages that the WR won't beat.

Mallet, on the other hand, never comes off his first read and isn't going to run away from any pass rush.

Either way if the Jaguars' WRs can learn to beat a jam and the o-line learn to hold a block for 2.5 seconds the Jaguars can win.

if fitz had malletts arm he would be a great qb. unfortunately fitz doesnt often realize his own physical limitations.

i still prefer fitzmagic over mallett, but neither of them would make me cautious when playing them haha
Quote:if fitz had malletts arm he would be a great qb. unfortunately fitz doesnt often realize his own physical limitations.

i still prefer fitzmagic over mallett, but neither of them would make me cautious when playing them haha

Yep, Fitz is a classic case of, "writing checks in his mind that his arm can't cash."
Quote:I would prefer Mallet play, Fitz is probably better.

Mallett proved he's far better at running O'Brien's offense than Fitzpatrick.
Mallet out for the season

Well that didnt last long for the texans, back to Fitz.

The OP is dead wrong about this. Ryan Mallett was on the injury report with a strained pectoral. He aggravated the injury during pregame warmups, which caused the tear, and played anyway just because he waited several years to be named the starter. He should have been ruled out before kickoff.

Quote:The OP is dead wrong about this. Ryan Mallett was on the injury report with a strained pectoral. He aggravated the injury during pregame warmups, which caused the tear, and played anyway just because he waited several years to be named the starter. He should have been ruled out before kickoff.

so what exactly is the OP incorrect about?
Quote:Mallet out for the season

Is this his final year under contract?

Looks like he is. I hope the texans sign him to a big new deal.

Quote:Is this his final year under contract?

Looks like he is. I hope the texans sign him to a big new deal.

I do believe he is in a contract year.

The Texans sure can't evaluate him now.
God, that Belichick knows what he is doing. It's just freaky sometimes.

Quote:Mallett proved he's far better at running O'Brien's offense than Fitzpatrick.

You know that in the little bit that he played?  I don't see how you could logically come to this conclusion.  
Quote:so what exactly is the OP incorrect about?

Saying he injured his chest during the game.
Quote:Saying he injured his chest during the game.

further displaying your lack of reading comprehension. go ahead and re read the OP and let me know where they stated it happened during the game.
Quote:further displaying your lack of reading comprehension. go ahead and re read the OP and let me know where they stated it happened during the game.

The subject title is what I am talking about. "Mallett injured in loss" means he got hurt during the game.
Quote:The subject title is what I am talking about. "Mallett injured in loss" means he got hurt during the game.

ryan mallett was injured in the loss. whether he played injured or got injured during the loss. he was still injured in the loss.
Quote:God, that Belichick knows what he is doing. It's just freaky sometimes.

Never trade with Belichick. You will lose.
Pages: 1 2