Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Never thought Id say this ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
But I miss the Jack Del Rio days. At Least we were somewhat competitive.
Matt Jones best receiver since Jimmy/McCardell. ARob should be able to supplant him though
This thread just goes to show how bad we've become....

I'm right there with you brother.  Del Rio are the glory days compared to where we are as a franchise now.  We are the lowest ever.  Del Rio's days were dynasty compared to this dumpster fire.  Makes me wonder why they fired him?  We didn't upgrade him in 2 tries.

We should have never stopped chopping wood.

JDR would have this team winning today with a quality GM.
Quote:I'm right there with you brother.  Del Rio are the glory days compared to where we are as a franchise now.  We are the lowest ever.  Del Rio's days were dynasty compared to this dumpster fire.  Makes me wonder why they fired him?
Back in those days were had aspirations of actually going to the playoffs and didn't think JDR could get us there. 

Now - a 4 win season looks unattainable. 
Gus is no head coach caliber.

His first and most important decisions were to find his coaching staff.

I think it's safe to say this coaching staff is terrible.
Quote:We should have never stopped chopping wood.

JDR would have this team winning today with a quality GM.

Agreed. He could game plan, stay competitive until the end, and get every player to play their best. Shack and Gene gave him crap. Look what he did with garrard?
I just miss being a tough, competitive team. We were always that with JDR. I'd welcome him back with arms wide open, but I don't think he'd ever consider coming back.
Maybe we can take him away from Denver, and he can bring over the offensive coordinator with him.

Quote:Maybe we can take him away from Denver, and he can bring over the offensive coordinator with him.
I really dont think he'd leave that job for this one. Money talks but I still don't know.
I really think Del Rio coming back would be good for this team.  I know it's highly unrealistic, but damn.  We would be a different team, not this high school team we are now.  Think about it.  Knows the area, coached here for almost a decade.  Gained a ton of experience in Denver.  He would be bring this team back to the playoff contenders we once were.

Maybe I'm just delusional and extremely desperate for a football team that can score a TD.

Quote:I really think Del Rio coming back would be good for this team. I know it's highly unrealistic, but damn. We would be a different team, not this high school team we are now. Think about it. Knows the area, coached here for almost a decade. Gained a ton of experience in Denver. He would be bring this team back to the playoff contenders we once were.

Maybe I'm just delusional and extremely desperate for a football team that can score a TD.
I'm right there with you man.
I miss Jack too. He was such a solid coach.
Quote:I miss Jack too. He was such a solid coach.
i want him back! Do Over!
Quote:i want him back! Do Over!

Maybe he'll forgive us for not knowing how bad the GMs were at picking talent for his teams the last few years he was here.

I'm not going to lie, I wanted him fired too. Boy was I wrong..
Quote:Maybe he'll forgive us for not knowing how bad the GMs were at picking talent for his teams the last few years he was here.

I actually was a big supporter of his. I thought his teams over achieved considering the talent.

The Mularkey hire, after firing Del Rio, had me scratching my head.
Quote:Maybe he'll forgive us for not knowing how bad the GMs were at picking talent for his teams the last few years he was here.

I was ready to run that guy out of town on a rail for the last season and half he was here, but man I didn't think it would be this bad.  I wonder if we would have made progress with Mularkey at the helm and Caldwell supplying the talent.  I'm willing to guarantee we'd have more TD's than we do now.
lol. 

Quote:I really think Del Rio coming back would be good for this team.  I know it's highly unrealistic, but damn.  We would be a different team, not this high school team we are now.  Think about it.  Knows the area, coached here for almost a decade.  Gained a ton of experience in Denver.  He would be bring this team back to the playoff contenders we once were.

We weren't exactly a high scoring team under Del Rio. But I think he could do at least as good as Bradley has this year. We could probably get Mike Smith back with him next year. Man oh man, we might not be good on offense, but I guarantee we wouldn't be a bottom 5 D.
Pages: 1 2 3