Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Colts are beatable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Their weaknesses and our strengths line up. The patriots used 6 OL on 50% of their plays last night, and just moved them off the ball consistently. With Marcades and Linder coming back, just ride Denard and take PA shots to limit Bortles' mistakes.

They will get theirs when they have the ball, but our front is enough to trouble their shaky OL. Bradshaw is hurt so they have nothing in the running game. If they are one dimensional we have a decent chance. 

I think I have only predicted 2 wins so far this season, but Im making my 3rd right now.

Denard 150 yards 2TDs

Bortles 225 yards 1 TD 1 INT

24-17 Jags.

We have a better chance of winning this game than we did when we faced Cincinnati, imo.

We have a few winnable games at the end of the season.  I wouldn't be surprised with 2-3 wins, as we play the lowly Giants with INT machine Eli Manning, The Texans twice, and the Titans.  None of those teams are very good this season.  

I'd also not be shocked in anyway for this team to go 1-15 and lose the rest of the way.

Either way I'm going to do my best to enjoy Jaguar football.  

Quote:Their weaknesses and our strengths line up. The patriots used 6 OL on 50% of their plays last night, and just moved them off the ball consistently. With Marcades and Linder coming back, just ride Denard and take PA shots to limit Bortles' mistakes.

They will get theirs when they have the ball, but our front is enough to trouble their shaky OL. Bradshaw is hurt so they have nothing in the running game. If they are one dimensional we have a decent chance. 

I think I have only predicted 2 wins so far this season, but Im making my 3rd right now.

Denard 150 yards 2TDs

24-17 Jags.

Of course the Colts are beatable; they’re not a very good football team, that QB hides a lot of the deficiencies on that team. They don't run the ball well, they can't stop the run, they don't rush the passer, and they don't protect the passer, I believe Luck has been hit more than any other QB in football this year. If the Jaguars play a turnover free game, they have a chance, if not; we'll lose by double digits.

The Colts are beatable, but we won't be the team to beat them
Colts were 0-2 when we played them with a chip on their shoulder.

They just got embarrassed by NE at home.... I bet they come out firing and dismantle us again, 

Quote:The Colts are beatable, but we won't be the team to beat them

Exactly.
I'd like to see Jedd replicate the formations Todd Haley used against the Colts a few weeks back, he bunched and stacked the receivers not allowing Vontae Davis and Greg Toler to press at the LOS , giving the Steelers receivers a free release. The Colts corners are not comfortable playing off coverage, the Jags would be wise to do this as we don't have any healthy receivers that can consistently beat press coverage IMO.

I just hope Bradley took notes last night.  NE just embarrassed them.  Luck looked mediocre.  I think his stats are inflated because of the division.  When he plays someone that is good, they lose.  BTW, we need a TE like Gronk.  Dude is unstoppable.

Quote:I just hope Bradley took notes last night.  NE just embarrassed them.  Luck looked mediocre.  I think his stats are inflated because of the division.  When he plays someone that is good, they lose.  BTW, we need a TE like Gronk.  Dude is unstoppable.

A true once in a generation player, I really wish we would've taken a chance on Travis Kelce last year, the guy is an idiot but has immense upside. The Colts simply don't have a very good roster, I don't think that team wins 4 games without Andy Luck.
I don't think our defense will be able to hold the colts under 25 points.

Our offense has had trouble scoring.

It looks like an easy colts win, but with our bye week and the colts recent injuries, I think we can keep it closer than we did the first time around.

I say the score is something like 24-20 colts going in to the 4th quarter with the colts pulling away for a comfortable win.

Colts 31-20 Jags
Quote:I believe Luck has been hit more than any other QB in football this year.

If that's true then it's probably only because Bortles didn't play the first two and a half games for the Jaguars.
We suck. We're gonna lose.
Quote:I don't think our defense will be able to hold the colts under 25 points.

Our offense has had trouble scoring.

It looks like an easy colts win, but with our bye week and the colts recent injuries, I think we can keep it closer than we did the first time around.

I say the score is something like 24-20 colts going in to the 4th quarter with the colts pulling away for a comfortable win.

Colts 31-20 Jags

You have to force that offense to be patient, New England doubled TY Hilton last night eliminating their big play guy, forcing Luck to methodically move the ball downfield. This game will be a lot closer than what most people think; the loss of Ahmad Bradshaw and Dwayne Allen is huge, if the Jaguars can make the Colts one dimensional, and not turn the ball over on offense, they have a chance to win this game.

I'd like to try some of those good homegrown Teal tea leaves you guys are smoking.

Quote:You have to force that offense to be patient, New England doubled TY Hilton last night eliminating their big play guy, forcing Luck to methodically move the ball downfield. This game will be a lot closer than what most people think; the loss of Ahmad Bradshaw and Dwayne Allen is huge, if the Jaguars can make the Colts one dimensional, and not turn the ball over on offense, they have a chance to win this game.

NE also had Revis on their team to turn Reggie Wayne's part of the field into a vast wasteland that no QB would dare to throw anything remotely risky into.

The Jaguars don't have the luxuries on the roster that allowed NE to execute a plan that allowed the colts 20 points.

If the Jaguars manage to hold the colts to only 20 points there's still a good chance the team doesn't win because they keep doing really dumb things like turning the ball over and refusing to throw down the field.
Quote:Their weaknesses and our strengths line up. The patriots used 6 OL on 50% of their plays last night, and just moved them off the ball consistently. With Marcades and Linder coming back, just ride Denard and take PA shots to limit Bortles' mistakes.

Denard 150 yards 2TDs

24-17 Jags.

-  Do you know something we don't about Linder?  I haven't seen anything stating he'd be healthy for this game. I sure hope you are right. 

- In this strengths vs weaknesses comparison, did you consider Fleener?  He could have a very big day vs our back seven.  

- I agree that we should be able to run the ball effectively and score some points, but I think Luck/Hilton/Fleener/Wayne will be able to hang a larger number on the board.  

Jags pass rush will need to have an epic day to change that IMO. Do-able?  Yes.  Probable?  Not until the Jags show they are capable of cutting back the dumb mistakes to one or two per game.  
Some people never learn. A bunch of pain freaks who set themselves up for disappointment every Sunday. This team is 1-9 for a reason and yall act like you haven't watched these games to see how they got there. This isn't breaking news that the Colts are beatable, but thinking the Jags are gonna do it is ignorant.
Quote:I'd like to try some of those good homegrown Teal tea leaves you guys are smoking.

If the colts had Bradshaw I probably wouldnt have made this prediction. He was a HUGE piece of their offense. He wasnt the biggest contributor, but he provided some running threat. When a team is so one dimensional it makes them beatable by any team.

Combine that with their horrible run defense, I dont see whats so impossible about thinking it will be a tight game. 
Quote:NE also had Revis on their team to turn Reggie Wayne's part of the field into a vast wasteland that no QB would dare to throw anything remotely risky into.

The Jaguars don't have the luxuries on the roster that allowed NE to execute a plan that allowed the colts 20 points.

If the Jaguars manage to hold the colts to only 20 points there's still a good chance the team doesn't win because they keep doing really dumb things like turning the ball over and refusing to throw down the field.

I understand completely, for the record, I don't think the Jaguars will hold the Colts to 20 points or less, but I do believe we can slow them down. I don't think the Colts will be able to run the ball due to Trent Richardson's incompetence as a RB, that should make them one dimensional, hopefully we'll be able to pressure and hit #12 just like every other team that has faced them. The loss of Dwayne Allen is huge, he's arguably the best blocking TE in football and serves a security blanket in the passing game, Coby Fleener is an inferior player. Again, if the Jaguars can limit the explosive pass plays to TY Hilton they'll have a chance on defense; I'm just not sure if our offense will be able to generate enough points to win this game.

Pages: 1 2 3 4