Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars interviewed Chip Kelly for HC before hiring Marrone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Adam Schefter just said it on ESPN

Is he OC candidate now? 

We havent made in announcement yet 

This looks like a 12 page convo starter...just wait
Lawd hammercy...
I would not be in favor of CK at any position. Dudes scheme is for college.

Not according to the article O'Halloran published. 

They only interviewed Goodwin, McDaniels, Marrone, Shanahan and Smith.

http://jacksonville.com/sports/2017-01-1...ng-process

Interesting if true - but also could just be "search firm due diligence."

--------------------------

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter  11m

11 minutes ago

<p style="font-size:16px;">Very quietly, Jaguars interviewed former 49ers HC Chip Kelly for their HC job before ultimately hiring Doug Marrone, per league sources.

<div style="font-size:1px;"><span style="color:rgb(170,184,194);font-size:12px;font-weight:bold;margin-left:6px;"><span>40 replies</span></span><span style="color:rgb(170,184,194);font-size:12px;font-weight:bold;margin-left:6px;"><span>254 retweets</span></span><span style="color:rgb(170,184,194);font-size:12px;font-weight:bold;margin-left:6px;"><span>268 likes</span></span>

<div>
<div> 
</div>
</div>
</div>
I would rather have Gus Bradley back
Good lord. Horrible judgement.
Quote:Good lord. Horrible judgement.

Or they paid good money to a search firm who compiled a list of candidates and carried out due diligence on the process. 

So interviewing someone is a bad idea even though he wasn't hired?
Who cares. They made the right choice IMO.

Chip Kelly might have provided the Jaguars organization with information that's helping the team with staff and player personnel decisions. 
giving him an interview is bad judgement? Sometimes you try to hard. You are not him, give up lol
Chip is a good coach, deserves a job. He went crazy with GM powers in philly which was his downfall.
Watch him end up being our OC.
Quote:Watch him end up being our OC.
Which would not be a bad thing.
Quote:Chip is a good coach, deserves a job. He went crazy with GM powers in philly which was his downfall.

This.

Chip Kelly the head coach? Pretty good. Chip Kelly the general manager? Awful.
Quote:Which would not be a bad thing.

I wouldn't hate it.
Chop Kelly runs a TERRIBLE NFL offense.
I have this vivid image in my head of Blake looking toward the sideline and seeing a picture of Oprah Winfrey and a Pac-Man Ghost icon being held above an assistant's head.  He nods and then he throws the ball squarely at the back of Brian Cushing's helmet before it lands in the waiting hands of Quentin Demps. 

I'm going to take this as a bad omen from the football gods regarding Chip Kelly in Jacksonville. 

Noooooooo! He doesn't know how to scheme for the NFL. Some coaches' schemes work like gangbusters in college, but don't work at all in the NFL. It's been proven twice now that Chip Kelly is that kind of coach. He needs to go back to college. 

Pages: 1 2 3 4