Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: It is time Gus. Do Your Job.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Jaguars are 1-9 going into the bye week.  If you are going to make any changes in coaching staff this off season, now is the time to do it. 

It seems most people believe there are major problems with the offensive and defensive coordinator positions. To avoid the "Its a new scheme" theme we run into it seems every year it is now you should be making these changes.  No more evaluation period for these coaches we are well past that, if changes are not made now then it is 100% on Gus.

You want to make a young offense learn a new system/playbook over the bye-week?  

Hmmmmm.  That's certainly an interesting proposition. 

If your going to replace the coach the choice is learn during the meaningless games left this season or learn during the games next season which may or may not be meaningful.  I don't understand why that's even a consideration ?

(reread your post, obviously with a new OC you would not redo the complete playbook this season.)

I don't want the coach to be fired, I want this cheerleading mommy cuddling attitude to stop, we're 1-9 the team need to be shouted at to perform better along with the coordinators. I just don't think that's happening.

Fact is any sport, trying to be the players friend doesn't work.
Just when you think you've heard it all.
Not sure what you mean by heard it all, please quote the issue you think is unbelievable ?

Quote:You want to make a young offense learn a new system/playbook over the bye-week?  

Hmmmmm.  That's certainly an interesting proposition. 

Interesting? What an understatement that is my friend...
Quote:Not sure what you mean by heard it all, please quote the issue you think is unbelievable ?
Changing a coordinator mid-season.  The best you could really pull off is keeping his system and letting one of his underlings (someone that knows the playbook and terminology well) call the plays.  
Dammit, I want change and I want it NOW.
Quote:Interesting? What an understatement that is my friend...
I was being kind. 
So the overall belief seems to be status quo is A-OK, 1-9 is acceptable move along please, no changes needed here !

Or perhaps its simply, well next year we'll fix things. The sad news is next year is never here.

I'm actually shocked, heartbroken, sad for the fans of this team.  After being completely blown out, out coached, out played and out everything possible by the Cowboys in there 9th loss in 10 games this season, there is still one(more then one) person willing to say any change is unbelievable.. .. .. .. ..

Quote:Jaguars are 1-9 going into the bye week.  If you are going to make any changes in coaching staff this off season, now is the time to do it. 

It seems most people believe there are major problems with the offensive and defensive coordinator positions. To avoid the "Its a new scheme" theme we run into it seems every year it is now you should be making these changes.  No more evaluation period for these coaches we are well past that, if changes are not made now then it is 100% on Gus.

Not a very smart one, huh?
Quote:So the overall belief seems to be status quo is A-OK, 1-9 is acceptable move along please, no changes needed here !

Or perhaps its simply, well next year we'll fix things. The sad news is next year is never here.

I'm actually shocked, heartbroken, sad for the fans of this team.  After being completely blown out, out coached, out played and out everything possible by the Cowboys in there 9th loss in 10 games this season, there is still one(more then one) person willing to say any change is unbelievable.. .. .. .. ..

The responses in this thread don't say everything is OK, they say your suggestion on how to fix it is likely to only create chaos rather than improve the sad state of affairs.
Quote:The responses in this thread don't say everything is OK, they say your suggestion on how to fix it is likely to only create chaos rather than improve the sad state of affairs.

You're wasting your time.
Gus SHOULD be gone. Whether or not he is, we'll see. He has nothing to hang his hat on.
Quote:Gus SHOULD be gone. Whether or not he is, we'll see. He has nothing to hang his hat on.

Everyone in management told you this was a long term process. They were honest with you, that is what they are all hanging their hats on.
Quote:Everyone in management told you this was a long term process. They were honest with you, that is what they are all hanging their hats on.

Theyre also all saying that they didnt expect to be this bad. Honesty doesnt make up for poor performance. What kind of world do you think this is?
Prediction: if we fire the O.C., he gets hired next year by one of the other 31 teams and that team ends up leading the league in 2 years in offensive production.

It seems to me that a lot of former Jag players and coaches suddenly become successful after they leave Jax.
Quote:You're wasting your time.
Haha.  I don't know.  The OP is pretty new and I've seen a few reasonable posts -- just thought I'd try to 'splain.  

Then again, I'm still fairly upbeat about Fisch, so I'm obviously a hopeless optimist.  :teehee:  :woot:

I'd rather not make any super big changes, we keep showing something and we have been over all playing better than last year even tho some would rather say screw it and start all over already.

Pages: 1 2